Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Fronzizzle
Minors (Double A)

Top Prospects - Only Pitchers?

I'm playing my first season of '15, I got the email notification that the Top 100 Prospect List was done - when I viewed, I found that they were all pitchers (and about 85% middle relief pitchers). I finally dug down and found a Top 100 Pitchers list, which was the same as the Top 100 list, and a Top 100 Batters list, which is totally empty. I played a few more days, but the list didn't populate. Any thoughts?
Fronzizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzizzle View Post
I'm playing my first season of '15, I got the email notification that the Top 100 Prospect List was done - when I viewed, I found that they were all pitchers (and about 85% middle relief pitchers). I finally dug down and found a Top 100 Pitchers list, which was the same as the Top 100 list, and a Top 100 Batters list, which is totally empty. I played a few more days, but the list didn't populate. Any thoughts?
I recall some reports of Top Prospect List problems, although I can't say for sure that they are the same as yours. Tomorrow's patch may resolve the issues; this, from the list of fixes posted by MH in his patch thread:
Quote:
- Fixed missing OSA scouting reports when starting a Standard Game from the main screen (this resulted in messed up top prospects list as well)

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Yes, if you just turn the scouting system off, then back on, it should fix the issue. Tomorrow's update to the game will resolve the problem as well.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
tschirber
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Yes, if you just turn the scouting system off, then back on, it should fix the issue. Tomorrow's update to the game will resolve the problem as well.
I did that but it didn't work for me. Hopefully, the patch tomorrow will fix the problem.
tschirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
tschirber
Minors (Single A)

Anyone else still seeing problems with "top prospects" on the team page? I installed the patch with build 3 but I still see only MR pitchers from rookie and A ball as my top prospects on the team page.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschirber View Post
Anyone else still seeing problems with "top prospects" on the team page? I installed the patch with build 3 but I still see only MR pitchers from rookie and A ball as my top prospects on the team page.
You'll need to run a rescout if you're using a game started before the patch, or start a new game after installing the patch.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
oak1a
Bat Boy

How do you run a rescout?
oak1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I didnt have the 100 prospect issue with all being pitchers mine was more like 55% hitters and 45% pitchers. the issue i had was it kept repeating itself 100 times then when i moved to the next day it corrected itself just fine
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oak1a View Post
How do you run a rescout?
Go to League Settings. Then the far right window of League Settings and make sure you scroll down to the bottom of that window. The very bottom option is Run OSA & Human Scouts Rescout.

You might have to have commissioner mode turned on. That's under Manager Settings.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
tschirber
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malichai11 View Post
Go to League Settings. Then the far right window of League Settings and make sure you scroll down to the bottom of that window. The very bottom option is Run OSA & Human Scouts Rescout.

You might have to have commissioner mode turned on. That's under Manager Settings.
That also did not work for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I hate to go back and create another game if I don't have to but it's looking like that's the only way to correct this problem. My Cubs team is off to a 6-1 start. How often is that going to happen!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

Go into Global Settings, uncheck this box, check it again, you will see it rescout, problem solved.

PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #12
tschirber
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk View Post
Go into Global Settings, uncheck this box, check it again, you will see it rescout, problem solved.

I tried that remedy last night and again today, PsychoBulk, and it has not worked for me. I'm beginning to wonder if this is just a one off problem with me. That's why I was curious if anyone else is still having the true "top prospects" not appearing on their team page.