Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
Michael V.
Minors (Single A)

Question A few compatibility questions regarding OOTP 15..

I've been 'out of the loop' playing OOTP, or any text sim for that matter, since about 2007-2008. I have a few questions about OOTP 15 ~

I know older versions of OOTP were compatible with one another where you were able to import leagues/careers ect. with all stats and records ect intact and were also able to be imported over into the newer versions. Does this still hold true for OOTP 14 over to OOTP 15? I know it's not out yet, but was wondering if 'someone in the know' coiuld answer the question. I would imagine the answer to be yes, because why would they change now, but still..I would like to know as I just bought OOTP 14 about 2 months ago. If indeed the versions will be backwards compatible (which I highly suspect that they will be), then I'll be picking up OOTP 15, no doubt it

Second question ~

I am in the process of getting my uniforms done for my teams in OOTP 14. Will there be changes in OOTP 15 where the uniforms (jerseys & caps) will all have to be remade to fit the format in OOTP 15, or will the uniforms also be compatible from version OOTP 14 to OOTP 15? I mean, should I wait to do the uni's (jerseys & caps) in OOTP and just skip OOTP 14?

Thank you in advance and I appreciate the time whoever took the time to reply.
Michael V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 AM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Though I am not "in the loop," I would be shocked beyond belief if there was no backwards compatibility (for uniforms, as well). It's kind of a massive selling point of OOTP.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #3
Michael V.
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Though I am not "in the loop," I would be shocked beyond belief if there was no backwards compatibility (for uniforms, as well). It's kind of a massive selling point of OOTP.
I figured as much as well. Thank you.
Lol, yeah..., I've been using that phrase "out of the loop" to describe my 5-6 yr hiatus, lol.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
Michael V.
Minors (Single A)

Opps, double post.