Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Okay. I don't have a preference. I wasn't sure on the skin tone. I'm not familiar with a lot of these players. So I'll just add a bit of more colour then.

Just let me know players from what year should I start with.
The skin tone's really just a personal preference. Just do whatever you think makes them look good.

Take your pick as to where you start. You can grab players from a specific year, specific team, whatever. It really doesn't matter imo.

Just put up a post about it if you remember so that I don't end up overlapping with you.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

I'm interested in helping out with this project once I figure out how to make the facegens properly.

Also... what photos are you using and where are you getting them from?
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Glad to have another volunteer. Thanks!

That's the good thing about dealing with the historical faces. You won't need to go through the trouble of making them from scratch, which is a pain. You can just download the historical facegen pack from OOTP Mods (You'll find it in game in the add on central or you can get it here)

Then just follow the instructions I gave on the last page. You don't really need to learn a lot. It's easy. You'll be ready to go in ten minutes or so.

If you're actually interested in making new facegens, well you just search the internet for pics. Many of the best can be found a few threads up from this one. So you could even try searching this forum before you search the rest of the web.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I noticed in the pic of the '27 Yankees that Babe Ruth has a large head. And that's fine. I just wonder if his neck can be thickened accordingly. Is this possible? Or am I asking too much?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I noticed in the pic of the '27 Yankees that Babe Ruth has a large head. And that's fine. I just wonder if his neck can be thickened accordingly. Is this possible? Or am I asking too much?
I think you may be. I don't think you can actually edit the neck in facegen. The program just gives you a neck, but I don't see any way to edit it.

I left Babe's head big because, well he did have a big head. But you're right, it looks silly on that neck. I can make Babe's head smaller. Hang on.

Here's a smaller head Babe. This look better? If not I can adjust it more.
Attached Files
File Type: fg Babe_Ruth.fg (8.5 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #26
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

That looks terrific! I'm impressed with all your work!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #27
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Glad to have another volunteer. Thanks!

That's the good thing about dealing with the historical faces. You won't need to go through the trouble of making them from scratch, which is a pain. You can just download the historical facegen pack from OOTP Mods (You'll find it in game in the add on central or you can get it here)

Then just follow the instructions I gave on the last page. You don't really need to learn a lot. It's easy. You'll be ready to go in ten minutes or so.

If you're actually interested in making new facegens, well you just search the internet for pics. Many of the best can be found a few threads up from this one. So you could even try searching this forum before you search the rest of the web.
Cool. I've got all the facegens downloaded already. Good to know you can just work with them. Baseball Fever probably has a ton of good photos now that I think of it.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #28
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Okay. I don't have a preference. I wasn't sure on the skin tone. I'm not familiar with a lot of these players. So I'll just add a bit of more colour then.

Just let me know players from what year should I start with.
A couple other tips I forgot to add. You'll also want to adjust the Age /C slider to somewhere around 25-35 or so for each player. Or whatever looks good.

And if the eyes still look crummy as they sometimes do, you can go to the colour tab and move the Eye Whites - Dim/Bright slider to the right and the Eyes - Dark Brown/Light Brown slider to the left until they look better.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #29
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

outstanding work, and thanks for sharing!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #30
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I applaud your initiative and effort, this is a wonderful finishing touch on an otherwise great project!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

1927 Tigers

Original

Modified
Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

1927 Browns

Original

Modified
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #33
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Some improvement here would be great!

Though I can definitely reiterate how difficult this is for the older historical players. I tried to get involved with the original project, but was never satisfied with my results. Finding good pics is really hard, even for like Hall of Famers let alone bench players. The skin shading is really hard too. I can both empathize and symapthize. Hopefully the program enhancements makes this easier on the user.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #34
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Amazing work! I'm guessing you could be at it a while, though, considering how many players have played in the majors before about 1960, when the facegens tend to get less zombie-like. I'm doing a 1944-? St. Louis Browns season, so I hope you'll get up to 1944 before too long.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #35
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1927 Tigers

Original

Modified
Augie Johns had a face only a mother could love! You helped him out, though! Nice job!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
Some improvement here would be great!

Though I can definitely reiterate how difficult this is for the older historical players. I tried to get involved with the original project, but was never satisfied with my results. Finding good pics is really hard, even for like Hall of Famers let alone bench players. The skin shading is really hard too. I can both empathize and symapthize. Hopefully the program enhancements makes this easier on the user.
Yeah. Same here. The program wasn't easy to use a few years ago and I tried to help out then too, but found that though I could make the pics look decent, it took me forever. So I didn't do much then myself.

The good thing about this is that we're not worried about finding pics now. I'm just working with what's already been made, which is much easier. Maybe once all the colouring issues get cleared up, then we can revisit trying to get better images for some of the guys.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Augie Johns had a face only a mother could love! You helped him out, though! Nice job!
Thanks. Just looked up his pic on the net. He doesn't look much like his facegen at all.

I don't really want to get into making a lot of new faces since that takes much, much longer, but the pic I found is high quality and I think he might deserve an upgrade.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Here's a better Augie Johns.

Attached Files
File Type: fg Augie_Johns.fg (25.1 KB, 452 views)

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded the program, already working great! Decided to experiment with it, made facegens for the hosts of one of my all-time favorite shows, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and they turned out excellent.

Geez, as if I didn't have enough reasons to be addicted to this game with uniform and baseball card template-making, now you guys have given me another reason!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #40
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah. Same here. The program wasn't easy to use a few years ago and I tried to help out then too, but found that though I could make the pics look decent, it took me forever. So I didn't do much then myself.

The good thing about this is that we're not worried about finding pics now. I'm just working with what's already been made, which is much easier. Maybe once all the colouring issues get cleared up, then we can revisit trying to get better images for some of the guys.
Agreed that just improving the coloration would be a step forward in many cases.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote