Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
drksd4848
All Star Starter

One special request: Can the 2013 season start at the beginning of Spring training?

Every season has always started at the beginning of the season... I think if it started when spring training started it would give us more time to evaluate the roster.

Doesn't have to be the exact real spring training schedule (although we could mod it to be, I suppose) just as long as it started a month before the regular season.

Pretty please?!
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Good suggestion. Also would like to know if anyone has stadium files for the grapefruit and cactus leagues.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Just so you're aware, the main reason that the quick start begins on opening day is so the rosters are as accurate as possible when the game is released.

Not saying it's not a good suggestion, just pointing that out.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Just so you're aware, the main reason that the quick start begins on opening day is so the rosters are as accurate as possible when the game is released.

Not saying it's not a good suggestion, just pointing that out.
Gotcha...

How about, have the rosters be as they are at the time of release (say April 7th for example) but have the GAME start on the first day of spring training?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Gotcha...

How about, have the rosters be as they are at the time of release (say April 7th for example) but have the GAME start on the first day of spring training?
The awkward part about that is that you have guys who signed with a team in the intervening time, and not you're out of sync with reality. Like with one of the previous versions, where Gonzalez signed with Boston officially 2 days after the start of the season, there was a little uproar over whether that contract extention should be in the game or not.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
renojedi
Major Leagues

I'm OK with a middle ground where rosters are as of opening day but you can choose to start before spring training or on opening day.

I like the challenge of managing an expansion team that I add to the current season. Since I am already changing reality, I'd be OK with the rosters being from a month after I actually start the game. Having that month to evaluate my new team would be awesome for me.

I know many don't play that way but I never play any historical seasons and I would never start a league with all fictional players. But, some folks love those options and I love that OOTP gives us all a different way to enjoy the game.

So, for what it is worth, I, like the OP, would love to be able to play spring training before my first season of OOTP14.

Last edited by renojedi; 02-06-2013 at 11:34 PM.
renojedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Mark313
Bat Boy

Good idea!

I would like the rosters of the teams when ootp 14 is released. When setting up the game choose start date, feb 1, mar 1 and 1st game of season. So i can change my numbers in financial for scouting and stuff if i want. or start with spring training or day 1 of the season. I realize if someone is signed Mar 20th, they would be on the team if you choose feb 1. I just want the option thats all!
Mark313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
The awkward part about that is that you have guys who signed with a team in the intervening time, and not you're out of sync with reality. Like with one of the previous versions, where Gonzalez signed with Boston officially 2 days after the start of the season, there was a little uproar over whether that contract extention should be in the game or not.
Ahh... OK. That wouldn't bother me personally, but I see now why it's done.