Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
trbmb
Bat Boy

Is OOTP the baseball game for me?

I've tried a bunch, BBW, Strat, Diamond Mind, and Action, all left a little more to be desired. So, I'm now checking out OOTP. Before I buy 13, some questions: 1: I'll want to play single games in any year from 1871-2012, this just to explore single teams in that year. Does this game let me just go play one game at a time between any two teams I choose in any year I choose? 2: Can I rapidly execute a computer sim of all games in any particular year? 3: Are the player rosters complete? Is every player who played on any particular team in any year available to be used?
trbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbmb View Post
I've tried a bunch, BBW, Strat, Diamond Mind, and Action, all left a little more to be desired. So, I'm now checking out OOTP. Before I buy 13, some questions: 1: I'll want to play single games in any year from 1871-2012, this just to explore single teams in that year. Does this game let me just go play one game at a time between any two teams I choose in any year I choose? 2: Can I rapidly execute a computer sim of all games in any particular year? 3: Are the player rosters complete? Is every player who played on any particular team in any year available to be used?
1. Yes, but you would have to load a particular year 1st. Then select Simulation...Someone who is more familiar with this feature will have to answer that one better then I could.
2. Yes. You can sim a full season in say 5 mins depending on which news features you choose and if you are a GM of a team. No more then 20, unless you control everything then i would say no more then an hour max. I sim in my historical league and I have played 1 season per day for the past 3 weeks. I started at 1901 on December 1st, I am now at 1923.
3. Every player who played at the ML level is there for any given year. Depending on which year you start with some players may be listed as retired (if you start at 1999, Kerry Wood is injured and will stay retired beyond 1999 you may have to unretire some players depending on your settings) You can also use a Spritz or Gambo Database and have every Negro League player, many Nippon league and some other misc.
You can also play Random Debut leagues and have say Babe Ruth from 1927, Barry bonds 2001, Mark McGwire 1998, Miguel Cabrera 2011 & Ted Williams 1941 all on the same team.

I am a former Mogul & High Heat player. After rediscovering OOTP 11 ( I owned 6.5 but hated it) I will never play any other game. I can create any type of league I can think of. I have 1 league which is a mix of historical MLB (1999 - 2005) Nippon 2005 - & 2 custom fictional leagues that sign many MLB stars. I have Jody Gerut, Jermaine Dye & Rich Garces on my 2005 team.
I have a league I am working on that is many fellow OOTP players top 25 team.
Once you go OOTP you never go back.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote