Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Stolen Bases

In my fictional league under strategy-league totals the stolen base attempts is .926 and the stolen base Success % is .992. My questionis this... Seems like 50% or more of all SB in this league are failing/caught stealing. How can I make it more realistic?
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
henry296
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsphan View Post
In my fictional league under strategy-league totals the stolen base attempts is .926 and the stolen base Success % is .992. My questionis this... Seems like 50% or more of all SB in this league are failing/caught stealing. How can I make it more realistic?
Is your perception that it is too high or low? You should be able to get actual rates by looking at the stats. Real life caught stealing percentages are around 65%.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

thanks

I feel that the CS is too high in my league . Didnt know that 65% of attempts were failures in RL>. How can my players steal more bases?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
henry296
All Star Reserve

I am an idiot. I had that backwards. About 70% of steals are successful.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

haha

what numbers can I change to incease the stolen base success rate?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Have you tested this a lot and feel its not going to get better?

For an immediate solution you could change stolen base percentage from .992 to a higher number probably 1.1 however you will need to watch this closely as it could mess things up later on(5-10 years)
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Remember how modifiers work. For SB attempts 0.926 just means that for every 1000 attempt in real life you would have approx 926 att

For the success rate if real life were 70% then the rate in your league would be 0.992 X 70 = 69.44%

Now this is where it gets variable. Depending upon the actual talent in your league you may get more or less than the settings suggest. Some better catchers some slower runners can reduce the success rate. You say it seems like....... but why don't you check the actual SB numbers in your team stats page and compare to what you expect.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
TommyHerr
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Remember how modifiers work. For SB attempts 0.926 just means that for every 1000 attempt in real life you would have approx 926 att

For the success rate if real life were 70% then the rate in your league would be 0.992 X 70 = 69.44%

Now this is where it gets variable. Depending upon the actual talent in your league you may get more or less than the settings suggest. Some better catchers some slower runners can reduce the success rate. You say it seems like....... but why don't you check the actual SB numbers in your team stats page and compare to what you expect.

There is no room for logic and statistics in baseball.
TommyHerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The way I accomplish these adjustments is through the engine file in the config folder. Easiest way there is through Preferences, Troubleshooting, Open folder that contains app file. Open the engine file with Notepad and you'll see various settings. One of them is Stolen Base Success. Personally, I run mine at 115 instead of the default 100, and in addition I up the Defensive Influence to 130, along with Double Plays to ~115 as well. Save the file, then close it and you'll return to the game.

It's not a hard percentage, but it's close and it's an easy tool.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #10
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
The way I accomplish these adjustments is through the engine file in the config folder. Easiest way there is through Preferences, Troubleshooting, Open folder that contains app file. Open the engine file with Notepad and you'll see various settings. One of them is Stolen Base Success. Personally, I run mine at 115 instead of the default 100, and in addition I up the Defensive Influence to 130, along with Double Plays to ~115 as well. Save the file, then close it and you'll return to the game.

It's not a hard percentage, but it's close and it's an easy tool.
Does this work. has anyone tried this? Open folder containing file app.cfg &engine.cfg?