Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Just bought (Jan 2017) OOTP 11 and hope there are some experts reading

I recently bought a new in box OOTP 11. I suppose most will consider this strange but I'm not much interested in newer seasons, it was cheap, and I have an older computer.

In the thread I posted previously in the OOTP 17 forum it was mentioned it is possible to play an historic season with historic player trades. If this is possible in 11, how do I do it?

I'm bothered by the randomized L/R batter splits although they're preferable to no splits at all. Most of the time it doesn't matter all that much as the ratings are in the ballpark and the results will be somewhat randomized around that value but there are a few players where the generated split values are far off the norm.

For starters, there are a few "it doesn't matter" players. First one that comes to mind is Frank Robinson whose batting average was only 001 worse against RHP. At the other extreme is Mickey Mantle who for his career hit 048 worse against RHP (maybe that switch hitting thing wasn't such a good idea!).
Brad K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

I decided to play historical 1971 as manager of the Pirates. Concerning performance the game instructions say using historical stats rather than ratings is better so that's what I did.

Not sure this is such a good idea when the game goes onto later seasons because it becomes too predictable. What I mean is Bob Robertson collapsed right on schedule inm 72 and Steve Blass couldn't find the plate starting in 73. Roberto Clemente didn't die but without any real life stats hit 260 something in 73 and is around 220 late June 74 while and is only an average fielder.

I guess I kind of assumed that even with using real data for an historical season subsequent seasons would have significant unknowns which appears not to be the case.

I want to continue with this for a while but would like some comments on whether I should use different settings next time. Meanwhile, TMI is letting me pull of some real deals.

So would like some suggestions as to whether people here would recommend using settings other than what is recommended.
Brad K is online now   Reply With Quote