Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
tward13
All Star Starter

Can I do this?

And how would I?

This is something I did decades ago with Earl Weaver BB game.

A custom league with one team for each decade. I guess now it would be one league with two divisions, or two league of 6 teams each.

Players would be placed on the team (decade) I think they most belong in.

I would assign a city and decade appropriate park to each team.

Something like:

Old time
1900s - Pittsburgh
1910s - Philadelphia
1920s - New York
1930s - Detroit
1940s - St. Louis
1950s - Brooklyn

Modern
1960s - Los Angeles
1970s - Cincinnati
1980s - New York (Mets fan here, need Shea Stadium)
1990s - Atlanta
2000s - Boston
2010s - Chicago

Anyway, something along those lines. Now what I'm not sure about it how I would get players on these teams. The idea is a single season with games played out so I don't need development.

I would be ok with career ratings, or some kind of 3 year avg based on that decade. Whatever is doable.

What's the easiest way to get players on to custom teams in a custom game?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
italyprof
All Star Reserve

You need to get the player IDs from their pages on baseball-reference.com, usually the first five letters of the last name, first two of the first name and a number 01 or 02 etc. depending on whether they were the first, second etc. with that name to play in MLB. then the year you want them from.

Make a text only document with these names (txt) in a single column, one name per line, and save it in the database folder in OOTP20.

Then, start a fictional league, create the teams, clear the rosters, go to MLB/league info/free agents and eliminate all the free agents (set the game to prevent fictional players) and import historical players, using the option to import multiple players from a single document. Then run a draft in which you can simply draft for each team putting the players where you want them. Have fun.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #3
Dezi_36
Bat Boy

You can also get the player ID's from referencing column B of the Master.csv file from OOTP. On my installation the file is at:

C:\Users\Home\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\stats\Master.csv

Tip: I've saved a copy of this file in a totally separate directory on my PC so I don't do something stupid and corrupt this file within the installed environment.
Dezi_36 is offline   Reply With Quote