Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Highest Rated Card(s) by Team

I love my all Milwaukee franchise (collecting players from Milwaukee Braves and the Brewers) but, now in their 4th season, I really only have two more players to get to max out my team: the Rookie Sensation Hank Aaron and the Historical All-Star Ryan Braun. Both I think are Gold. With the PP that Yelich, Fielder, Spahn, Aguilar, et. al. earn for me in Bronze, I'm just waiting for Aaron and Braun to appear on the market.

(I'll take the moment here to gripe that OOTP Perfect Team only gave MIL 1 SP above 80 --- and that's counting a converted RP Brandon Woodruff (79).)

Which got me thinking: which franchise has the highest rated cards? I'd assume its the Yankees but maybe I'm wrong.

I'll keep a tally on this posting, posting the top 3 or so names (and maybe cost, even though I know cost fluctuates), or maybe all of the Diamonds. Has a list such as this been created before? If so, let me know where to find it.

There's been calls for a Checklist ala real baseball trading cards. That would be neat.

CLEVELAND INDIANS

100. Bob Feller
100. Lou Boudreau
98. Francisco Lindor (2018 Live)

MILWAUKEE BREWERS / BRAVES

96. Christian Yelich (2018 Live, 6000 - 7000 PP)
92. Warren Spahn (Historical All-Star, 12850 - 13000)
91. Eddie Matthews (Historical All-Star, 7300)
90. Ryan Braun (Historial All Star, 8499)

NEW YORK METS

100. Jacob DeGrom (2018 Live)
100. Dwight Gooden (Rookie Sensation, 1984)
100. Tom Seaver 1971 (Historical All-Star)

SAN DIEGO PADRES

96. Kevin Brown (Historical All-Star 1998)
92. Gary Sheffield (Historical All-Star 1992)
90. Tony Gwynn (Record Breaker 1994)

TEXAS RANGERS

95. Alex Rodriguez (2002 Historic All Star)

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

100 Roger Clemens (Top WAR)
97 Roy Halladay (Historical Legend)

Last edited by Renfro; 02-06-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #2
braxtol
Bat Boy

Legend Hank Aaron 86

I just started playing Perfect Team yesterday and one of the first cards I pulled was Aaron-legend-86 but I have to keep benching him due to a lousy .133 BA. What gives?
braxtol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Well, given that the Red Sox have 2 perfects from their live set, 99 Pedro and 41 Ted Williams are also perfect cards. Legend Boggs is tagged for the Sox as well. I don't remember what teams all the other perfects are.

Yankees have a Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, and Dimaggio. Don't remember offhand if they have anyone else.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yankees have a Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, and Dimaggio. Don't remember offhand if they have anyone else.
Perfect Mantle & Rivera, too.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I believe there is a Perfect Top WAR Roger Clemens Blue Jays card.

I saw it on the AH once and never again.

The Legend 97 Roy Halladay is the second highest.

Last edited by mess; 02-04-2019 at 02:39 PM.
mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
chazzycat
All Star Starter

The Giants potentially have a very strong outfield with perfect Bonds & Mays, not that I can afford those cards. Their best infielders are mostly good hitters but not elite defenders (diamond Kent, gold Aurilia). Posey is awesome for holding down the C spot of course. The pitching has some strong options at the top end (Matthewson, Hubbell, Lincecum) but not a lot of depth or choices for different ballparks (most guys lack MOV). The bullpen is pretty solid with diamonds Robb Nen & Brian Wilson leading the way.

Tops on my wish list would be MadBum 2014
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Hank Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxtol View Post
I just started playing Perfect Team yesterday and one of the first cards I pulled was Aaron-legend-86 but I have to keep benching him due to a lousy .133 BA. What gives?
My Hank Aaron is the Historical All-Star 90: CON 74, GAP 81, HR 74. His first full season with me (last week) he slashed .285 / .331 / .489 with 21 HR and 65 RBI. I experimented having him leadoff vs. L last season thus the lower RBI. I also just saw that he had 18 SB in 28 attempts! I gotta tamp that down. His speed and stealing is 58/75.

Oh ... just saw that you just started yesterday. Give him time. Two days equals around 60 games. That'll most definitely be a better sample size.

Last edited by Renfro; 02-04-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #8
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
I believe there is a Perfect Top WAR Roger Clemens Blue Jays card.

I saw it on the AH once and never again.

The Legend 97 Roy Halladay is the second highest.

The 1997 Top WAR Clemens is 100.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #9
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
I love my all Milwaukee franchise (collecting players from Milwaukee Braves and the Brewers) but, now in their 4th season, I really only have two more players to get to max out my team: the Rookie Sensation Hank Aaron and the Historical All-Star Ryan Braun. Both I think are Gold. With the PP that Yelich, Fielder, Spahn, Aguilar, et. al. earn for me in Bronze, I'm just waiting for Aaron and Braun to appear on the market.

(I'll take the moment here to gripe that OOTP Perfect Team only gave MIL 1 SP above 80 --- and that's counting a converted RP Brandon Woodruff (79).)...

You'd think that Teddy Higuera would warrant a high Gold or Diamond card.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
You'd think that Teddy Higuera would warrant a high Gold or Diamond card.
You would also think that Jesse Haines, Max Lanier, Harry Brecheen, Mort Cooper, or any number of other Cardinals pitchers would warrant a good card. But no.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #11
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Mets have at least 3 perfect SP; Seaver 1971 All-Star, 2018 DeGrom, and 1984 Dwight Gooden.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #12
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Brewers

In addition to the 90 Aaron mentioned, there are also diamond cards for Robin Yount (96) and Ryan Braun (90).

If you expand to former Milwaukee players who may be under a different card in PT, you can add many more options, especially pitching- Niekro, Sutton, Nomo, Greinke, Dibble, etc.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #13
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
The 1997 Top WAR Clemens is 100.
Yep. Hence why I called him Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
In addition to the 90 Aaron mentioned, there are also diamond cards for Robin Yount (96) and Ryan Braun (90).

If you expand to former Milwaukee players who may be under a different card in PT, you can add many more options, especially pitching- Niekro, Sutton, Nomo, Greinke, Dibble, etc.
I've been doing this with my team... Former Blue Jays is what I'm going for! Shawn Green, Chris Carpenter, David Cone, Noah Syndergaard (shut up, shut up, shut up... please)

Last edited by mess; 02-04-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Formatting
mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #14
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Is the 2002 Historic All Star Alex Rodriguez (95 OVR) really the only diamond card that has a Texas Ranger on it? I don't recall encountering any others.

And unless I am mistaken, the next highest Ranger specific card is the 88 OVR Buddy Bell. Pickings are extremely slim above the mid-gold range. 86 OVR and Below seems to be where more Rangers start showing up.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #15
gemini615
All Star Reserve

To my knowledge, Cleveland has 2 perfects (Feller and Boudreau) and then a bunch of diamonds. The highest rated is 98 Lindor.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #16
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Is the 2002 Historic All Star Alex Rodriguez (95 OVR) really the only diamond card that has a Texas Ranger on it? ...

And unless I am mistaken, the next highest Ranger specific card is the 88 OVR Buddy Bell. Pickings are extremely slim above the mid-gold range.
Oh that's really tough. I think one of the reasons I started this thread was to see the disparity of Diamond level cards among the franchises.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:34 AM   #17
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

I finally got a Ryan Braun historical all-star for 8499, which was the exact last 5 running avg. In the ten or so games he's started for me, he's already made back 2155 PP, the bulk of it coming from one day at the plate when he went 6-6 ... a Hot Bat achievement worth 2000 PP.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #18
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
I did not know about the 96 Yount! But I did get that 90 Braun who is awesome.

I want to see how far the best team composed solely of cards designated as MIL can go ... once I stall out, I'll consider adding those players who had connections with MIL. Nomo was one of my favorite players. I actually got to meet him and shake his hand at County Stadium at a meet and greet!
Old 02-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #19
mwadsit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Padres have three diamonds to my knowledge.

96 - Kevin Brown (Historical All-Star 1998)
92 - Gary Sheffield (Historical All-Star 1992)
90 - Tony Gwynn (Record Breaker 1994)

Honorable(ish) mentions include:
89 - Trevor Hoffman
87 - Tony Gwynn (Historical All-Star 1987; and much more coveted than the 90)

Here's to hoping they add a 2007 Jake Peavy in OOTP 20
mwadsit is offline   Reply With Quote