Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Not Enough Posted Players?

I never see anyone get posted anymore and there are some very good players I'd like to see make their way to the MLB. Has anyone else noticed a lack of postings?
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
ederemer
Minors (Single A)

What I've noticed is that when I turn off the option to generate established international free agents during off-season free agency, more players get posted
ederemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Mets52
Minors (Double A)

To me it definitely feels less than older versions. I hardly see them, the suggested options above I do have off.
Mets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Same here.

I know in previous vesions, the AI only posted players when they are expected to hit Free agency. Maybe that is still in effect rendering older players not being good enough when contract is up. Personalities also have an effect on this so that could also be a factor...Maybe the good players do not have a desire to advance their career internationally.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
polydamas
All Star Reserve

I'd like to hear from Matt or somebody to see if this is WAD. There really are some superstars in the Japanese league that I'd be eager to see poached. But nobody ever gets posted.

In future versions I'd like an option to have created international free agents and prospects not generate from countries with pro leagues.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Although seeing less, they seem better overall; and the posting fees are higher.

Are some of the older guys just skipping the posting process, and put into the overall FA pool?

Also looks like new *** posting rules will be put in place for the 2018-2019 offseason. Here is a link to the MLB site.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactio...posting-system

Last edited by Calvert98; 05-20-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #7
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Candidly, it seems that the current OOTP19 number is more in-line with the actual number of posted players per year; I might be wrong, but on average, seems about 2 to 3 per year are going through the posting system.

See below.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...Posting_System
Old 05-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Candidly, it seems that the current OOTP19 number is more in-line with the actual number of posted players per year; I might be wrong, but on average, seems about 2 to 3 per year are going through the posting system.

See below.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...Posting_System
How many seasons have you gotten thru? I’ve dimmed nearly 100 years and after the first few season, no one is being posted. More *** players are coming to MLB thru free agency.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #9
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
How many seasons have you gotten thru? I’ve dimmed nearly 100 years and after the first few season, no one is being posted. More *** players are coming to MLB thru free agency.
That's odd.

I have only been through 2 in OOTP19; they just went through the second posting.

Note, I am playing with / do have a full *** league in my game.

I'd be curious if others are seeing that type of thing after a few seasons; could be a setting or something. I'm using the out-of-the-box settings for the most part.

Last edited by Calvert98; 05-20-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #10
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's odd.

I have only been through 2 in OOTP19; they just went through the second posting.

Note, I am playing with / do have a full *** league in my game.

I'd be curious if others are seeing that type of thing after a few seasons; could be a setting or something. I'm using the out-of-the-box settings for the most part.

I expected that. Once all the real *** players are gone then that’s when the posting gets out of wack. I assume it has to do with Talent later in the game along with decline and development. Like I mentioned before, it seems that players only get posted one year before Their Free Agency year (8 years in ***) so a lot of them are on their way on a decline. The real players during the first seasons are hand crafted so they may be rated better than the players that the game generated later in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I expected that. Once all the real *** players are gone then that’s when the posting gets out of wack. I assume it has to do with Talent later in the game along with decline and development. Like I mentioned before, it seems that players only get posted one year before Their Free Agency year (8 years in ***) so a lot of them are on their way on a decline. The real players during the first seasons are hand crafted so they may be rated better than the players that the game generated later in the game.

I see.

So, just to confirm what I understand, if you don't have an actual *** league going on in your universe, the result is that once the game gets through its first few seasons, with those hand-crafted players, its not generating enough or even any with talent at a level that they will be posted.

Last edited by Calvert98; 05-20-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see.

So, just to confirm what I understand, if you don't have an actual *** league going on in your universe, the result is that once the game gets through it's first few seasons, with those hand-crafted players, it's not generating enough or even any with talent at a level that they will be posted.

When having the NBO loaded, the fictional players generated by the game to replace the real life players as the game continues into the future will result in lower quality players compared to the real life players at startup. I assume other factors may come into play as well like the talent level of the MLB, team needs and budget.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #13
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
When having the NBO loaded, the fictional players generated by the game to replace the real life players as the game continues into the future will result in lower quality players compared to the real life players at startup. I assume other factors may come into play as well like the talent level of the MLB, team needs and budget.

Sorry for the dense question Michael.

So even if you are playing with the *** (I checked the box when I created my universe, along with some other nations, and there is an actual league going-on), that also will not produce enough good fictional players to post after a few seasons?

I thought perhaps this was only happening if you did not have an actual league going-on, but still had IFAs and therefore posting was limited (which I would think that it would still have a posting option). I always play with the other 5 or so major baseball nations, so don't know how that works.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #14
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry for the dense question Michael.

So even if you are playing with the *** (I checked the box when I created my universe, along with some other nations, and there is an actual league going-on), that also will not produce enough good fictional players to post after a few seasons?

I thought perhaps this was only happening if you did not have an actual league going-on, but still had IFAs and therefore posting was limited (which I would think that it would still have a posting option). I always play with the other 5 or so major baseball nations, so don't know how that works.

Correct, the players at the beginning of a save (the real life hand crafted players) are good enough to get posted and may also have the personalities to want to get posted. But as the game progresses, the game generated players that are created for the *** league that you have loaded will not be as talented (especially at the age where the AI will look to post them which is 8 years) as the original *** roster set. You may see some descent looking 26 year olds in the *** but the the AI only tend to post players after 8 years making these players older and on the verge of declining. That’s been my experience.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #15
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Correct, the players at the beginning of a save (the real life hand crafted players) are good enough to get posted and may also have the personalities to want to get posted. But as the game progresses, the game generated players that are created for the *** league that you have loaded will not be as talented (especially at the age where the AI will look to post them which is 8 years) as the original *** roster set. You may see some descent looking 26 year olds in the *** but the the AI only tend to post players after 8 years making these players older and on the verge of declining. That’s been my experience.

Got it.

Well, hopefully that's something OOTPD can look into soon. I have only been through two off seasons thus far in OOTP 19, and it would be unfortunate to start seeing that type of thing in the next few off seasons or so, as I do like that part of the game.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #16
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got it.

Well, hopefully that's something OOTPD can look into soon. I have only been through two off seasons thus far in OOTP 19, and it would be unfortunate to start seeing that type of thing in the next few off seasons or so, as I do like that part of the game.

Yea it’s annoying but the top *** players eventually join MLB via free agency but they are always past their prime. As of now, we will never see a 23 year old *** player posted in the game because of the code that may be still hard coded that only allows the AI to post players 1 year away from hitting the market (8 years) which is too old in OOTP.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #17
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

A work around would be to give *** arbitration and set it to maybe 6 years or so and limit contract extension to 1 year only. This will results in players being eligible for the AI to post them after 6 years since the game will recognize them as 1 year away from free agency after 6 years instead of 8.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #18
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

Glad to see that it just wasn't be going crazy.

Most players from the *** and KPB are going into my league via FA and not posting
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
DownrightCynical
Bat Boy

Yeah not very many posted players on my end
DownrightCynical is offline   Reply With Quote