Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP 20 - 4 months until upgrade?

Just have a question - OOTP 19 was released around March 22nd 2018, which means we can probably expect OOTP 20 to be released around the same time in 2019. That will give us about 4 months of using any Perfect Game cards we collect as part of the "current" game version. Is that correct? If so, I'll probably just start holding off on investing anything until OOTP 20, when I can expect a full 12 months of playing on the current version. Just wanted to make sure I was correct in my assumption that, since cards are not attached to the account but to the game version, that we're really only going to get 1/3 of the value of our investment on this version prior to the drop of OOTP 20.

BTW - still lovin' the game! Just don't want to invest a bunch of money here if I'm right that we'll be starting over in OOTP 20 in about 4 months.
jkdhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I believe you are correct.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:13 AM   #3
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Regular games can be carried over from one version of OOTP to the next. It would be surprising if the same weren't true for PT.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:26 AM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

From the Perfect Team FAQs:

Q: Will your team reset in OOTP 20, or can you carry it over from version to version?

A: With each new major release, a brand new Perfect Team universe for that version will start, it would technically be impossible to play in OOTP 20's Perfect Team with OOTP 19 or carry your team over. However, previous version's Perfect Team worlds will remain active for several years, so we won't shut down OOTP 19's Perfect Team once OOTP 20 launches.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:31 AM   #5
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
Regular games can be carried over from one version of OOTP to the next. It would be surprising if the same weren't true for PT.

PT isn't going to transfer over from OOTP 19 to OOTP 20.

And imo, that makes 100% sense. Even without spending, in four months I'm sure someone who's regularly active will have a team full of diamonds and golds with a few silvers in there by that point. Why would you want to carry that over and have to work the AH hard or get a super lucky pack pull to improve one slot?
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of how they try to spin it like you'll get several years of value out of your card investment, when we all know that the gaming market - especially for sports games - are drawn towards the yearly new releases. Sure - you can play your OOTP 19 cards, but where will your competition be? Chances are, players who are into OOTP will have moved on to OOTP 20.

It's our choice on what we wish to do given the model they've chosen - but I do wish they would figure out a way to somehow incorporate the old cards into the new version. Whether that's different leagues for different versions, or even creating a field that differentiates between card versions for each OOTP release - something to keep the investment from being so temporary.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
PT isn't going to transfer over from OOTP 19 to OOTP 20.

And imo, that makes 100% sense. Even without spending, in four months I'm sure someone who's regularly active will have a team full of diamonds and golds with a few silvers in there by that point. Why would you want to carry that over and have to work the AH hard or get a super lucky pack pull to improve one slot?
Time will tell. With the odds they have and the points being earned, I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone who is not investing a lot of money will come close to collecting the 2000+ cards available.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:50 AM   #8
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdhoo View Post
Yeah, I'm not a fan of how they try to spin it like you'll get several years of value out of your card investment, when we all know that the gaming market - especially for sports games - are drawn towards the yearly new releases. Sure - you can play your OOTP 19 cards, but where will your competition be? Chances are, players who are into OOTP will have moved on to OOTP 20.

It's our choice on what we wish to do given the model they've chosen - but I do wish they would figure out a way to somehow incorporate the old cards into the new version. Whether that's different leagues for different versions, or even creating a field that differentiates between card versions for each OOTP release - something to keep the investment from being so temporary.
It's not always the case. When The Show 17 came out, people still were playing '16... when '18 came out, people were still playing '17.

I have a feeling that 19 will still have active users when 20 comes out. Also, since it isn't too labor intensive, I don't see why people won't still be on 19 and be playing 20 at the same time. It's not like you have to sit there for hours to play one game.

But, if you're going to make big investments, good idea to hold off til 20. I don't mind throwing a few dollars here and there on the current version and then start 20 when it comes out.
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:00 AM   #9
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Time will tell. With the odds they have and the points being earned, I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone who is not investing a lot of money will come close to collecting the 2000+ cards available.

If your intention is to collect all the cards, then sure, 4 months wouldn't be nearly enough to get it all done. But I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of people are playing PT to field their best 25 and compete for titles, in which case the yearly cycle is going to be the more refreshing way to go through the experience (especially if they can keep delivering on high-end PT changes like the tournaments that are going to be in OOTPXX). Markus has also stated several times that each game's PT universe will stay active for several years after the next year release, so if your intention is to collect all the cards, you'd still be able to continue your pursuit on that same game anyways.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:19 AM   #10
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
If your intention is to collect all the cards, then sure, 4 months wouldn't be nearly enough to get it all done. But I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of people are playing PT to field their best 25 and compete for titles, in which case the yearly cycle is going to be the more refreshing way to go through the experience (especially if they can keep delivering on high-end PT changes like the tournaments that are going to be in OOTPXX). Markus has also stated several times that each game's PT universe will stay active for several years after the next year release, so if your intention is to collect all the cards, you'd still be able to continue your pursuit on that same game anyways.
My kingdom for a change in OOTP's vision that ties the cards I earn in OOTP 19 to my account, and making it visible in future versions of OOTP. It would be great if me and others who inspect me could see, in OOTP 30, that I earned 2000 cards in OOTP 19
Old 11-30-2018, 02:12 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We will add the ability to see legacy collections in the future, yes. Apart from that, nothing from OOTP 19's PT will carry over to OOTP 20.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-30-2018 at 03:12 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:47 AM   #12
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We will add the ability to see legacy collections in the future, yes. Apart from that, nothing from OOTP 19's PT will carry over to OOTP 20.
What about PPs? Will PPs be tied to the account instead of the OOTP version, so PPs I buy I can spend in whichever version I want?
Old 11-30-2018, 03:11 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
What about PPs? Will PPs be tied to the account instead of the OOTP version, so PPs I buy I can spend in whichever version I want?
No.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #14
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

i cant believe we are only 4 months from ootp20. ootp19 still feels new.
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:38 AM   #15
noragar
Minors (Single A)

I'm fine with nothing carrying over between versions. I just hope that we'll be able to access Perfect Team 19 from OOTP20. It would be a major pain 10 years from now to have to keep 10 different versions of OOTP installed and need to close and open each one of them to do a 'quick' runthrough of my teams.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 AM   #16
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
I'm fine with nothing carrying over between versions. I just hope that we'll be able to access Perfect Team 19 from OOTP20. It would be a major pain 10 years from now to have to keep 10 different versions of OOTP installed and need to close and open each one of them to do a 'quick' runthrough of my teams.
Two things I think are probably a given are that you won't be able to access any versions perfect team outside of that version. But If I remember correctly they have talked about accessing it through mobile or possibly the web.

The other would be that no single version server lasts 10 years. I would guess 2-3 extra years. I assume the Dev team can see the number of transactions and team submittals that happen daily and they will know when a version is on it's last legs.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote