Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

MLBM 17 for Android

Is anyone using an Android device for MLB Manager 2017? If so, have you tried playing a historical year?

What I'm experiencing is upon starting a historical MLB game I'm immediately taken to a screen where I must select the physical structure of the league (number of divisions and teams) along with the year of settings I would like to apply. I know that MLBM has a limited number of league structures. But I would expect that if I select a specific historical year that the layout for those leagues would be used.

But it's more troubling than that. After selecting those two items, I'm taken to a page where I enter my name. After selecting [ Continue ] I see what appears to be the generation of a fictional league. This is further supported by the next page where I'm prompted to name what by default is the [ Fictional League ].

All of the above happens regardless of the season I select including the three historical seasons [ 1927, 1948, 1997 ] that are included as part of the default MLBM package.

I was looking forward to being able to play in historical mode. To follow each year as it progresses looking between what is happening in the game compared to what happened in each of the respective seasons.

Thanks for your help.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

This is a bug. The historical league function directs you to the fictional league setup, and the fictional league function directs you to the historical setup. So if you want to do a historical league, just click the fictional button.

It can't be helped. I might be done buying this game as an android user. The game, every year, has been littered with the same bugs, and there are a horrendous amount of them. I'm a loyal ootp supporter and buy the desktop version every year, but I don't think this app deserves my support anymore. Sorry, just had to rant a bit.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #3
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
This is a bug. The historical league function directs you to the fictional league setup, and the fictional league function directs you to the historical setup. So if you want to do a historical league, just click the fictional button.

It can't be helped. I might be done buying this game as an android user. The game, every year, has been littered with the same bugs, and there are a horrendous amount of them. I'm a loyal ootp supporter and buy the desktop version every year, but I don't think this app deserves my support anymore. Sorry, just had to rant a bit.
I believe something happened in the update to cause this because it happened to me as well on my iPhone. It is going to be corrected to my understanding. Personally, I can understand and appreciate frustrations and rants everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is for the minimal investment I make in purchasing this game each year vs the amount of time I open it and play its the best return on investment I make each year.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I believe something happened in the update to cause this because it happened to me as well on my iPhone. It is going to be corrected to my understanding. Personally, I can understand and appreciate frustrations and rants everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is for the minimal investment I make in purchasing this game each year vs the amount of time I open it and play its the best return on investment I make each year.
Trust me, I know that somewhere hidden beneath the legion of bugs is the best app available for my money. Back in the day, I logged hours upon hours playing iOOTP 2013 when I used an Apple device. That was the last stable iteration of the game I ever played...in 2014 I switched to Android and I've never been able to play more than an hour before running into a bug that just seriously limited my enjoyment. I've reported the major ones in the past but the same bugs show up over and over again.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks, everyone. I do love playing this game, even with its issues.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #6
ms2002
All Star Starter

On my S7 Edge, the game also is crashing when selecting the Action and View buttons on a player's profile.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

Seems apple is the best for the game..... I've played on an iPhone since iootp 2013 and have never once had an issue
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote