Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 05-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
bbgods
Major Leagues

Defensive experience

Three suggestions:

1) All players with 200 experience at SS should automatically get 100 experience minimum at 2B and 3B.

2) All players with 200 CF experience should automatically get 150 experience in LF and RF.

3) Please allow manager to type in the experience number when editing defense, rather than just using the arrows. Very time-consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgods View Post
Three suggestions:

1) All players with 200 experience at SS should automatically get 100 experience minimum at 2B and 3B.

2) All players with 200 CF experience should automatically get 150 experience in LF and RF.

3) Please allow manager to type in the experience number when editing defense, rather than just using the arrows. Very time-consuming.

I don't agree, in fact I think generated rookies come in with too much experience at different positions.

I would rather a player just be able to learn a new position a bit faster when playing games there (since we don't have a minor league system to train players at other positions)
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I don't agree, in fact I think generated rookies come in with too much experience at different positions.

I would rather a player just be able to learn a new position a bit faster when playing games there (since we don't have a minor league system to train players at other positions)

I agree with the disagreement. It would also affect their overall rating raising it and that will lead to higher salary demands and throw off financials.

I do agree with the editor comment. Would love to be able to type a number in. I do adjust defense in historical if a player is rated only at a position that didnt end up being his primary position in the majors and moving the little arrows is time consuming

Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
bbgods
Major Leagues

Thanks for the feedback edster and wodi. I was not referring to rookies specifically. Just tired of seeing the AI put a good CF in LF and he has a defensive rating of 5.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
bbgods
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgods View Post
Thanks for the feedback edster and wodi. I was not referring to rookies specifically. Just tired of seeing the AI put a good CF in LF and he has a defensive rating of 5.

I use the 1-100 scale, by the way.

The problem is really more with how the AI assigns players to positions. The team I am playing against always ends up with alignments that are way worse than they would be if people were in appropriate positions.