Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #21
jdyi87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd be interested in Kansas City if they are available. You can reach me at jdyi87@yahoo.com. I also applied via the website.

Last edited by jdyi87; 04-21-2017 at 12:01 PM.
jdyi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #22
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

I'm interested in playing in the league, but need to be upfront about my complete inexperience and ask a few questions to see if I have the time to commit to this.

If I were to join, I see Kansas City is still open and I'm a fan since inception in 1969 when I was the ripe old age of 8. [Just reviewed and it seems KC might be taken. If so, order of preference: Cleveland, Cincinatti, Tampa Bay.]

First - I've never, ever played OOTP. I'm a huge fantasy baseball fan (8 leagues this year) and in one of the several podcasts I listen to daily (Sleeper and the Bust), I heard Paul Sporer advertise OOTP. Having been a longtime fan of APBA baseball, I thought this might be something for me.

I've been watching some youtube tutorials and play throughs to get a feel for the game. Now, I've just downloaded a steam code for OOTP 17 -
again just to get a feel. I know I'd need OOTP 18 for the league.

So, it may or may not be good to try to join a league without some hands on experience first. Don't know.

As far as time commitment. How does being part of an online league work? I see something about setting our team lineups etc. and then exporting. Does the Commissioner then sim with AI running everything or how does that work? I'm happy to set lineups daily - do that with my 8 fantasy teams, but what else?

Regardless of whether this works out or not, thank you for your response so I know a little more of the lay of the land.

Philip
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #23
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

Update 4/21: Currently we are full. We will keep everyone updated when a vacancy comes up.
Dbobola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:36 AM   #24
jdyi87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbobola22 View Post
Update 4/21: Currently we are full. We will keep everyone updated when a vacancy comes up.
Oops, Monarch3, I think we're late
jdyi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #25
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch3 View Post
I'm interested in playing in the league, but need to be upfront about my complete inexperience and ask a few questions to see if I have the time to commit to this.

If I were to join, I see Kansas City is still open and I'm a fan since inception in 1969 when I was the ripe old age of 8. [Just reviewed and it seems KC might be taken. If so, order of preference: Cleveland, Cincinatti, Tampa Bay.]

First - I've never, ever played OOTP. I'm a huge fantasy baseball fan (8 leagues this year) and in one of the several podcasts I listen to daily (Sleeper and the Bust), I heard Paul Sporer advertise OOTP. Having been a longtime fan of APBA baseball, I thought this might be something for me.

I've been watching some youtube tutorials and play throughs to get a feel for the game. Now, I've just downloaded a steam code for OOTP 17 -
again just to get a feel. I know I'd need OOTP 18 for the league.

So, it may or may not be good to try to join a league without some hands on experience first. Don't know.

As far as time commitment. How does being part of an online league work? I see something about setting our team lineups etc. and then exporting. Does the Commissioner then sim with AI running everything or how does that work? I'm happy to set lineups daily - do that with my 8 fantasy teams, but what else?

Regardless of whether this works out or not, thank you for your response so I know a little more of the lay of the land.

Philip
You'd be fine to join an online league. Most leagues are happy to help out guys who are new, everyone was new at one point.

You adjust your entire organization, moving guys up and down, setting pitching staffs and lineups, etc. You also set your own team strategies, individual player strategies, etc. Submit FA offers or Waiver claims, DFA or release players, etc. You then export a file in-game to the Commish. He grabs everyone's exports and advances the file (sims) a specified number of days. He then uploads a new file for everyone to download in-game and you repeat the process.

The amount of time you spend is totally up to you. You could get by on 15min before every sim day making minor changes. Or you could spend countless hours staying awake late at night tweaking everything in your organization to avoid another losing week.

Hope that helps!
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #26
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the response. I know you are full up now, but I'll keep my eyes open on the boards. Looking into another league now.
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #27
jsquardo
Bat Boy

Im interested in joining the league! I was in a serious league before I got distracted with school and a wedding and now want to get back into an online league. Let me know if I can be put on the waiting list or what I need to do!
jsquardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #28
Red October
Bat Boy

Same Here if you have a spot open up. would like REDS
Red October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #29
MattyB
Bat Boy

Interested in the Rays and even more if they are relocating!!!

Matthewbriand7@gmail.com

Oops
edit: I see your full now

Last edited by MattyB; 04-24-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Full league
MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #30
my_politico
Minors (Rookie Ball)

experienced sim guy, willing to take over any team. I just enjoy the challenge. Email me at matt.z.taylor@gmail.com
my_politico is offline   Reply With Quote