Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Mac help for historicals

Hey guys...so I have the Spritze database and I have a Mac. Im trying to start a solo league that dates back to the early 1900's with having an "random era' rookie class brought into each draft going forward. This is to teach my son the history of baseball via a platform (video game so to speak) that he will not belch out the ADD with and actually enjoy. We have solo leagues together and i know he enjoys this. So for Christmas I wanted to develop a league that can do this that includes negro league players along with Japanese all timers do be brought into the draft as each year passes..not in order but at random.

I have asked a few for help and while they were kind enough to do so, they heard it was on a Mac and that was the end of that. There MUST be a way to do this. All I need to know/get help with is where to put the Spritze historical_database.odb on a mac and how to get the opt game to find and use it. Im begging of you! If anybody can do this and make it into a quick start I would be happy to send a bit of cash via pay pal for your services.

PLEASE PLEASE help an old dude out in trying to get a cool gift for his kid as we are all on here for the love of the greatest game on Earth.

Thanks and happy holidays!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Mac help

1. In the finder, pull down your Go menu. Then press the option key.
2. Select Library (the item that will magically appear).
3. Open Application Support folder.
4. Open the Out of the Park Developments folder.
5. Open OOTP Baseball 15 folder.
6. Open stats folder.
7. Back up the enclosed files wherever you wish.
8. Replace with Spritze files.

Presto! Enjoy.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the input.
I tried that and it wiped out all my online legs world.dat files and i had to reinstall the entire game.
So..if i do this and it works, I can start a lg in any year and it will automatically enter random real players from whatever years I choose into each entry draft?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Don't be too hasty...

Your world.dat files are not wiped out. So far as I know, you only need to restore the original DB (hence the call to back it up) and those games should work fine.

While I recommend Spritze's DB over the included one, if all you want in '15 is a random debut, on the first screen after selecting New Historical Game, just choose, "Use random players from all eras instead of real rosters." You'll then be presented with two drop down menus that offer the option of controlling which years start and end your supply of players. Spritze's DB includes the supply of Japanese and Negro League players you're seeking.

As for your other games, I haven't tried this yet, but I know that in game creation it is possible to designate custom data folders for the game under the advanced setting tab. Might want to post a query in the tech support forums, or ask for someone who's tried it, about the possibility of multiple OOTP 15 folders in your Application Support/Out of the Park Developments library.

I'd also crosspost this into general questions and see if we can gin up some enthusiasm. Perhaps...just perhaps...Markus will consider a specialized platform specific discussion areas in the forums for us lonely Mac folks.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

do i direct it to end at "stats" or direct it all the way to find historical_database.odb? damn thing still isn't working...
any chance you could get it set up and dropbox a quick start for me?

Last edited by jparker2112; 12-23-2014 at 02:10 PM.