Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

String of Winning Seasons

Look at this steak of 90+ win seasons. Probably my best set of seasons in iOOTP ever
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Good work there... Who were your mainstays over that time?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.m.w. View Post
Good work there... Who were your mainstays over that time?
I had 3 or 4 elite starting pitchers to start with. I had an elite catcher and 1st baseman in his prime surrounded by a great young team mostly all in their primes. The greatest squads I've ever had (and probably ever will) in iOOTP
Old 11-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

You won 98 games in '66 and didn't even make the playoffs? Wow, your league is brutal! Did you make the game harder by disabling trades or anything?
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricealum View Post
You won 98 games in '66 and didn't even make the playoffs? Wow, your league is brutal! Did you make the game harder by disabling trades or anything?
No I kept it the same. I just think this team had a lot of luck through those years. A virtual dynasty. I did eventually get sick of being my hometown Phillies and switched to a lower market Cleveland Indians in 2100 and haven't won quite as much
Old 11-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTO333 View Post
No I kept it the same. I just think this team had a lot of luck through those years. A virtual dynasty. I did eventually get sick of being my hometown Phillies and switched to a lower market Cleveland Indians in 2100 and haven't won quite as much
Yes, I do that every now and then as well, looking for a challenge. It's fun to see how long it takes to turn a loser into a winner. One of my proudest achievements was switching to a team that hadn't won a single title in the league's 50 years of existence and getting them to the top in just three seasons.

Switching to a small market team is a challenge in itself. I hate it when I have to choose between keeping an established star who's 29-30 or keeping a younger player who's in his last year of arbitration, and the only way to re-sign him is to clean house and trade away several higher priced players. Having a huge budget definitely makes things a lot easier.
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
jdono927
Minors (Double A)

It's weird how the year you had the least wins, you won the championship.
jdono927 is offline   Reply With Quote