Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
krumz
Bat Boy

Rule 5 Report

Searched through and couldn't find anything.. Please tell me if I missed it, but is there a report or search that will display all of the Rule 5 eligibles in my organization? I have been parsing through the existing draft pool and always seem to miss someone I may want to hold on to. It would be handy to be able to run this report at draft time and make some player decisions.

Thanks in advance!
krumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if there is a report but it would be nice to have a rule 5 box available on the Rosters and Transaction screen. Rule 5 eligible players are identified with a hashtag# on your roster and transaction screens. Instead of going through the pool it would be easier to go through a lesser number of players on your roster.

See screen shot.

I find it useful to check that you don't have some "suspects" on the 40-man roster that have less upside than some Rule 5 eligibles. Also keep in mind that any Rule 5 eligible lower than AAA may have passed his best before date and could be blocking a player below. Bottom line a 24-27 year old in A or AA isn't worth keeping unless you have nothing else.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
krumz
Bat Boy

Rich, thank you for the reply and information. I was aware of the '#' indicator, which is useful. Was just looking for a way to parse the Rule 5s into a single screen to evaluate before the draft. I played around with it in 14 to no avail. I was hoping 15 would offer a bit more insight.
krumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

Don't know if this will help too much, but on the day of the draft you can select the Rule 5 Draft Pool and sort by team. Not as good as having a Rule-5 filter/list on the team transactions page would be, but something quick perhaps.

Cheers,
-kr-
kryakyu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Real rules like in real life?