Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

HELP! OOTP 15 on Old Computer!

I have a very old computer. It has Windows XP and just 1 GB of RAM. I know you need 2 GM but I was able to get 14 to work on it. So I have some questions which I need answered to help me be able to use it on my computer.

-Can you turn 3D off and how?
-Is there some setting that sacrifices display for performance? Where do I find it?
-My computer has just 1.63 GB of space on it, not really enough for OOTP. Can I download the game onto a thumb drive an use it and how?
-Going of my last question, If I click "Clean up hard Drive" in Control Panel>Performance will it mess with OOTP? Is that okay?
-Any other tips for running OOTP on an old and slow PC?

OOTPverse, Please help.
Noah
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
I have a very old computer. It has Windows XP and just 1 GB of RAM. I know you need 2 GM but I was able to get 14 to work on it. So I have some questions which I need answered to help me be able to use it on my computer.

-Can you turn 3D off and how?
-Is there some setting that sacrifices display for performance? Where do I find it?
-My computer has just 1.63 GB of space on it, not really enough for OOTP. Can I download the game onto a thumb drive an use it and how?
-Going of my last question, If I click "Clean up hard Drive" in Control Panel>Performance will it mess with OOTP? Is that okay?
-Any other tips for running OOTP on an old and slow PC?

OOTPverse, Please help.
Noah

I'll help out the best I can.

I don't know anything about the 3D since I don't use it so I can't help there.

You can install on an external hard drive but from my experience the game runs a lot slower, even using usb 3.0.

I have never run into a problem with doing clean hard drive option, as far as ootp is concerned, so you should be fine there too.

Now to a few pointers. First I do recommend using either 360 amigo or ccleaner to do a full clean of you computer. It will find those extra files taking up space. They are both free programs.

Ok so to make the game faster here are a few things you can do.

1. When you start the program go into settings and click auto-play display and select simple dialog.

2. Next start your game and select game at the top and then game settings. Then select league settings, under tracked statistics detail select normal or low. This will change how many stats are tracked but I have found it to help.

3. Now if you are playing with the MLB quickstart you could also delete some independent leagues also.

That's all I can think of for now.

If you have no choice but to run it off a separate hard drive then I suggest only doing one league and maybe 1 minor league system. It might not be so bad then.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
I'll help out the best I can.

I don't know anything about the 3D since I don't use it so I can't help there.

You can install on an external hard drive but from my experience the game runs a lot slower, even using usb 3.0.

I have never run into a problem with doing clean hard drive option, as far as ootp is concerned, so you should be fine there too.

Now to a few pointers. First I do recommend using either 360 amigo or ccleaner to do a full clean of you computer. It will find those extra files taking up space. They are both free programs.

Ok so to make the game faster here are a few things you can do.

1. When you start the program go into settings and click auto-play display and select simple dialog.

2. Next start your game and select game at the top and then game settings. Then select league settings, under tracked statistics detail select normal or low. This will change how many stats are tracked but I have found it to help.

3. Now if you are playing with the MLB quickstart you could also delete some independent leagues also.

That's all I can think of for now.

If you have no choice but to run it off a separate hard drive then I suggest only doing one league and maybe 1 minor league system. It might not be so bad then.
Yeah that's great help but I play in online leagues and that's basically it so I can't change a lot of that
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

I got 360Amigo and cleaned up my computer with it. I also deleted a bunch of large unneeded files. Now I have 2.96 GB of space. Can I store the league files on a thumb drive when I'm not playing that game and pull them over when it's time to use them? Or will that screw with the system too much?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
pete3
Minors (Single A)

My computer is three years old. I turned off 3D and Facegen, and it's borderline playable. and OOTP14 works fine and dandy on it. So I would turn off both 3D and Facegen if I were you. If it still doesn't work, I think you'll have to figure out alternatives if you want to play.
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
My computer is three years old. I turned off 3D and Facegen, and it's borderline playable. and OOTP14 works fine and dandy on it. So I would turn off both 3D and Facegen if I were you. If it still doesn't work, I think you'll have to figure out alternatives if you want to play.
I can't really turn off FaceGen in an online league, can I?