Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
PDHitman
Major Leagues

With OOTP 15 will I be able to.....

Start w/ current day league setup w/ full minors (the real AAA/AA/A/SA/R levels for each team) and have random debut players in the draft going forward? Past itinerations of OOTP forced me to play in a historic build (I would do the year previous, like 2012 w/ last years release) and then I would have to work some magic to have accurate minor league affiliates...just all around a real pain in the arse. Please tell me that this years version will allow my dream to finally come true.

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Along with Fictional people in Draft to after 2014 Draft because yes I can load Historical League and have feed people into my Leagues Draft only in first year do I get some All-Stars who get Drafted in 1st round that command lots of money and with Random Debut not getting that much Rookies past 1st year.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHitman View Post
Start w/ current day league setup w/ full minors (the real AAA/AA/A/SA/R levels for each team) and have random debut players in the draft going forward? Past itinerations of OOTP forced me to play in a historic build (I would do the year previous, like 2012 w/ last years release) and then I would have to work some magic to have accurate minor league affiliates...just all around a real pain in the arse. Please tell me that this years version will allow my dream to finally come true.
Hmm... I'll have to try this, I am not sure. In theory this should work.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

That's actually a pretty good idea. Might steal that for a league if Markus gets it working.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
PDHitman
Major Leagues

Gambo, come join our league.....

click the link in my sig. We have 10 available teams currently and just started our second season.

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, I tested this in OOTP 15 with a fictional league created for 2014 and it works well. In the league setup, options tab, you can check to box to import historical rookies and the box about rookies being from random eras. Then when you progress, the real rrokies get imported.

The problem with the 2014 real roster set is though, that this does not work because the league already includes all the real players from history as retired players, so importing again would result in duplicate players.

Edit: You can work around this in the 2014 roster set by creating the game and then going to the retired players listing (History screen, players tab, retired player sub tab), click on the mass select box in the upper left corner of the player list, then right-click on a player and select "Delete"... this will delete all retired players and from now on the game will import rookies from random eras.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-16-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #7
philthepat

A fine example of why this game is so awesome!
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
PDHitman
Major Leagues

Marcus, thanks from this lifelong customer!!

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

Old 04-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #9
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthepat View Post
A fine example of why this game is so awesome!
Calling OOTP "awesome" is redundant.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks was waiting for this option.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This is something that I will never, ever use, but it's neat.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #12
waltwa
All Star Reserve

I have followed markus' directions with a 2014 league and went thru 3 seasons and the historical players just don't show up. could it be a bug?
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #13
Dem Bums
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I finally got this to work. Start a 2014 game and delete all retired players. Next, enable import historical rookies and use random rookies from all eras. Now, go to the league rules screen and change the draft pool reveal date to 75 days prior to the draft. Sim to when the draft pool is revealed. Delete every player in the draft pool. Go back and change the draft pool reveal date to 30 days (or whatever you prefer). The next draft pool created will have historical players. You may need to repeat this process for the future drafts because the 2015 and 2016 drafts have fixed pools like 2014.
Dem Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
waltwa
All Star Reserve

Wow how did u come up with that idea. sounds great can't wait to try it. Thanks much!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #15
waltwa
All Star Reserve

Ok let me think this thru while typing.
Naturally as u said u start out with the retired player delete and then go thru and set the 2 items on the historical page

You set the draft up for 6/20

the draft pool reveal date is 4/5

on 4/5 u then delete the draft pool when it is revealed and then set the draft pool reveal date to 5/20 and then the historical players will show up.

it doesn't seem logical that this would happen in 2015 or after but then who knows until u see what happens.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #16
waltwa
All Star Reserve

IT WORKED!!!!! You are a genius. While I was working out I began to think your process thru before I had a chance to try it and the more I thought about the more logical it became. The draft is pretty loaded so I won't have any extra rounds.

Thanks a lot!