Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Team has illegal number of players(0) need help.

I simmed through the first season of a new league and when the playoffs should've started I got that message from 1 team. I'm assuming I'll get the message from all playoff teams but since I cannot advance I don't know for sure. The team in question has 0 players on the active roster and 0 players on the Playoff Eligible roster so I can't just go in and manually move players over, even if I act as manager. I tried to disable playoff roster rules but afaik it's not an option during the season. I disabled playoffs altogether but still getting the same message. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there any way to bypass this? I don't mind scrapping the season, but I went through all the effort to modify logos and uniforms so If I just delete the league I will have wasted all that time and not learned how to fix this for the future.
zoomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you can go to League Settings> functions and find the link that says "Fill teams with fictional players". Just make certain that the drop down menu on the right side (usually says Major Leagues) is for the league you want to fill in, ie AAA or lower. Should work. Or you can find the box under rules that says "Allow incomplete minor league rosters (ghost players)" (i've not used that but it COULD also work. i have used fill teams with fictional players in the same case as you mentioned. You can check a box (also on the rules page) to allow fictional players not to make ML if you wanted complete realism, which i never do. Hope this helps.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if it's a matter of th AI running, go to the main league settings page, then click run AI manager option. read through them, maybe one avoids your team, or make use of "prevent ai from amking any changes" option in team settings.

otherwise, you could just allow ghost players and hope that works. probably the easiest option with the least amount of repercussions, assuming it is some defunct team that isn't even part of the league. if it's a mlb team, you'll have to do somethign else.

also, you can turn commissioner mode on and go to FA and add 25 dumpy players to that team through the player editor. you don't even have to "act as."

if you deleted the team or can't find it, just use the global search in the top-left of the screen.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Had that issue and it was corrected by changing a setup to use ghosted players and it allowed me to continue on.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
you can go to League Settings> functions and find the link that says "Fill teams with fictional players". Just make certain that the drop down menu on the right side (usually says Major Leagues) is for the league you want to fill in, ie AAA or lower. Should work. Or you can find the box under rules that says "Allow incomplete minor league rosters (ghost players)" (i've not used that but it COULD also work. i have used fill teams with fictional players in the same case as you mentioned. You can check a box (also on the rules page) to allow fictional players not to make ML if you wanted complete realism, which i never do. Hope this helps.

When you say fill all teams with fictional players does that wipe out current players on roster ???
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #6
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
When you say fill all teams with fictional players does that wipe out current players on roster ???
it will not it just fills in holes i do regularly on my minor leagues

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #7
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
Nope, just fills them with Oakland A's quality players.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #8
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

After this method you should be able to reinstate a full minor league correct? Will I have to make ghost players every playoff season?
Old 02-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #9
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
it will not it just fills in holes i do regularly on my minor leagues
But all 22 spots on my active roster are empty. My situation seems to be more than just "filling holes"
Old 02-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #10
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzilla View Post
But all 22 spots on my active roster are empty. My situation seems to be more than just "filling holes"
Well in that case it will fill all of the roster. Check your finances are they off? Why are not keeping or signing players? No money?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #11
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Nope, just fills them with Oakland A's quality players.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i wouldn't use fill in this situation. it's going to add players of all qualities. you could potentially change the talent in your league quite a bit.

if it's the majors and your team do it by hand. otherwise run the AI on all teams and review your team's transaction log to reverse any changes to your human controlled team that you do not approve.

heh, since finances were mentioned... by chance is the team nearing 2billlion dollars? 2^32/2 is the highest value possible for that variable. if your budget plus cash on hand starts going over that value, bad things start to happen.

i simmed out some years, and this happened once. the team had 6-10 players when i stopped the sim and looked around. it was due to having too much cash on hand + budget > $2,xxx,xxx,xxx (2^32/2 (since 0 is there, "-1" too))
Old 02-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #13
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Outside of REALLY weird setups, a budget of 2^31 should never happen. Don't think that's the problem.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I would check the playoff roster options. While you can't necessarily change them during the season, I believe you should still be able to disable them. I was actually looking at this yesterday and I think if you're playing with no minors (ie. reserve roster only), and you have your playoff rosters set to use the "secondary" roster, the AI would not know which players are eligible and end up with a roster size 0, which sounds like your issue.

But if you disable the playoff rosters, then run the AI manager on all teams, I think that should resolve the problem.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #15
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all with no success. I'm sure I had something set up wrong. Its no biggie. I just set up a new league I like better anyway with no issues after 8 seasons.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Outside of REALLY weird setups, a budget of 2^31 should never happen. Don't think that's the problem.
actually, if you don't use caps, you will see it occur. nothing funny or weird is required. if they average just 20m/year, it will take as few as ~50years. that short of time would required a strong dynasty though. i've run into this with default settings, except the cash on hand setting obviously.

that happened with 100% ai controlled teams somewhere between year 50 and year 150 (it was a long-term sim, i did not investigate the origin year ofhte problem). if i control a team i average more than $20m/year in profit, lol. had i not caught this issue while setting up LTMs, i would have run into the problem in under 50 years. heck, in some years leading up to a dynastic-like team, i can make over 100m in one year with a larger market team and cheap, good players.

if you see a team not signing FA to fill out hte team, it's somethign to check. that is a symptom of that problem, which looks and sounds very similar to the symptoms explained by the OP. incredulity aside, it's worthwhile to take a look since it causes the same results and it takes almost no time or effort to verify that it is occuring or not.

op: glad the new league is working out and that you like it more. each rendition gets better for me, too. i started to keep notes of intended changes for '17... but i'm a bit on the spectrum when it comes to that stuff.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzilla View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all with no success. I'm sure I had something set up wrong. Its no biggie. I just set up a new league I like better anyway with no issues after 8 seasons.
Any idea what setting was changed to enable your new league to not run into this problem? I ran into this exact same problem (0 players available for a playoff roster). I started a fictional league from a template made from the NABA Quickstart mod on OOTPMods, and I started in 1882 instead of 2019 or whatever year it wanted me to start in. I had to delete all the players and coaches because they were showing age "0" due to birthdates from the 2000s/late 1900s. I did all that, set my league up the way I wanted with generating new fictional players, I simmed my first season and then get to the playoffs and run into the same issue. I didn't really want to have to restart again, but if I do I want to use the template from the league I've just spent all my time setting up. So if I try to make another league from this template I'm a little nervous that I'm going to run into the exact same problem since I'm not sure what setting to change. Any suggestions?
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote