Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
PutSomeMustardOnIt
Bat Boy

Custom league advance-problem

Hey guys,

i'm not really new to OOTP, because i used to play it for a couple of years. It's getting better every year.

But there is one problem where i don't know how to get ahead of it:

First of all, i am creating a fictional "GBL - German Baseball League" which is divided into 2 Subleagues (Northern & Southern League) with 2 Divisions (Northeast, Northwest, Southeast & Southwest Division) in it.

Below this league i create MLB-like Minors (Triple-A, Double-A, Single-A, Shortseason & Rookie) leagues. Usually i am holding 1st-year-Fantasydrafts and Amateur-Drafts. So far so good.

Everything is working as planned, with the Minor-leagues running without any problems, but after the amateur-draft, the game is showing me the "Your rookie-team is having an illegal Roster size(8)"-message. When i look at the Rookie-league Roster, there are no pitchers and only 8 position-players within it. How is this possible and how can i solve this problem? It's not possible to jump to the next day, because of the illegal roster-size.

Please excuse my bad english.

I love OOTP and i am really looking forward to "Beyond the Sideline Football". It'll be awesome as all of your products.
PutSomeMustardOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
Jythier
Minors (Single A)

Hopefully someone else knows, but what I would do would be to fill the team with fictional players under the league options. I don't know how that works totally, so if I were you I'd copy it before I did it, and try to limit it to just rookie league. I'm not sure if you can do that. But, that's my idea... Good luck! Hope someone else comes along to answer but I've had some questions just go without answering here.
Jythier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

You have a couple of things you can do.

1) In you League Settings there is an option to "Allow incomplete rosters" aka Ghost Players. This will allow you to sim forward even if your rosyers are not full.
Go here:

Out of the Park Baseball Manual

About 2/3 of the way down under Player Options it explains it.

2) Once you can sim forward you can offer free agents minor league contracts to fill the team.

That will solve the problem for you.

Good luck,
Tom
Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #4
PutSomeMustardOnIt
Bat Boy

Thank you very much for your instant reaction to my problem.

It worked very well and now i'm able to continue my Fantasy-Baseball-Empire.

I am not really succesful in managing my teams, but anyways it's a lot of fun, because i LOVE Baseball.

I really appreciate your constant update with in-depth statistics and sabermetrics, as i'm a long Baseball-Preospectus, Fangraphs and Baseball America follower. Please keep up the awesome work you're doing! OOTP is the best!!!

Oh, and btw: Let's go, METS!
PutSomeMustardOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutSomeMustardOnIt View Post
I am not really succesful in managing my teams, but anyways it's a lot of fun, because i LOVE Baseball.
For me, the fun is in the journey. One of the best things about OOTP is that it lets you create the baseball world of your dreams and then play in it for as long as you want.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote