Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #241
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I think it's funny that even though I'm having my worst season ever, (barely above .500 and 4.5 games behind 2nd wildcard), I already have my 2nd best PP season in Perfect without even making the playoffs and 24 games to play. 2 gold achievements and 11 silvers will do that.
Did you make changes this season? You were consistently in the playoffs. Or is it same team and the luck factor?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #242
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I am surprised how bad Babe fares in Perfect leagues.
Yes, He gets some clutch Home Runs for me from right handed pitchers but all in all he is not clutch. There are a few cards that will get 3 hits and 5 rbi all in one game and then with men on base they will do nothing for the next 4 or five games. He is one of them for me. There are some cards that always have a important 1-4 game that if you were not watching or just checking the box score they would just be .250 hitters but in reality do so much more. Like not striking out with the bases loaded or getting that one hit to keep a rally going or hitting the ball to the right side to advance a runner. If I did not watch Cobb striking out at very important moments in the game or never advancing a runner in a important part of the game I would think he was one of my star players because of his SB (When I don’t need it) or going 4-5 to build his average but not helping the team win in very close games. It is funny how some of these cards have patterns like real players do. Some are very disappointing like my hero Mays was for me and some are very surprising like my Smith card which does the little things to help win games while my Seymour (Mr clutch when needed) will be the hero but without Smith to set it up by advancing runners or getting that 9th inning Hit Seymour would have never had the chance. It does get quite interesting at times. I sometimes forget they are just cards. (Or are they?)😨
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #243
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
It does seem like OOTP PT 19 is winding down. I'm fighting relegation but I may keep the friends list intact to fight against whomever stays.

Not that this means anything to anyone, I'm going to be switching my avatar to the most recent MLB player to pass and use a real baseball card I have of the player.
Seems like a very small tribute to these guys.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #244
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I hope everyone is still interested in playing next week.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #245
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I hope everyone is still interested in playing next week.

I'll be there, assuming I don't get booted via relegation. Like you said, would be fun to do a final season together.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #246
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'll be there, assuming I don't get booted via relegation. Like you said, would be fun to do a final season together.
Yes, I will be here also to bid farewell to a wonderful league. Thank you Orcin for doing all the work. I might then take the week after next off. Maybe that will jump start me back up and ready for 20 or something.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-09-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #247
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not that this means anything to anyone, I'm going to be switching my avatar to the most recent MLB player to pass and use a real baseball card I have of the player.
Seems like a very small tribute to these guys.
Yes that Robinson card was the bomb. Not that I don’t like this one but Frank was one of my all time favorites.😁
Old 03-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #248
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Yes that Robinson card was the bomb. Not that I don’t like this one but Frank was one of my all time favorites.😁

Yea, I really liked Frank too. I was really sad when he passed and that's why I switched my avatar. It's sad how many MLB players from the past pass each year. I thought about passing up Joe Gibbon for Don Newcombe because he is more well known but I guess that's not the point.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #249
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am looking forward to next week also, but first I may actually have something to watch on Sunday.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 PM   #250
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am looking forward to next week also, but first I may actually have something to watch on Sunday.
You definitely will my friend...😁
Old 03-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #251
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yea, I really liked Frank too. I was really sad when he passed and that's why I switched my avatar. It's sad how many MLB players from the past pass each year. I thought about passing up Joe Gibbon for Don Newcombe because he is more well known but I guess that's not the point.
Yes, whenever one passes, I know it is just a matter of time before I see them play again.😉
Old 03-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #252
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well what else is new. Two seasons ago I won the Division by one game. Last season I lost the Division by one game. Now with 11 games left......You guessed it, The Breakers have a one game lead. 😁
Old 03-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #253
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Well what else is new. Two seasons ago I won the Division by one game. Last season I lost the Division by one game. Now with 11 games left......You guessed it, The Breakers have a one game lead. 😁

It's quite a dogfight....
Old 03-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #254
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's quite a dogfight....
Yes it always is with that damn team. Every time we are in the same Division we go through this. Medici is a great manager who I hate to see in my Division. I love him in my league but I like it when he is in the other Conference.😁
Old 03-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #255
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

I'm slowly removing myself from relegation but it's touch and go and Zorro-Medici are neck in neck.....
Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #256
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm slowly removing myself from relegation but it's touch and go and Zorro-Medici are neck in neck.....
You cannot get relegated. You are a huge part of this league and a even bigger part of my week. I need you to stay for our final Friday night pizza fest...😁
Old 03-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #257
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well I will be playing tomorrow, It just depends where. With 10 games left we are tied for the Division lead. And the Division is such a huge thing. The winner will get home field advantage throughout the NC Conference Championship and will be able to rest and have their rotation in full order. All of that is sooooo big and one of us will have it and the other one has to play in a damn WC game just to get back to playing against each other again with their pitching order out of wack. ( That’s If the win the WC game.)That sucks when the best two records are in the Same Division. That happened last year to me. I won 103 games just to go to a WC game and get my pitching out of whack when I won it and then had to go play on the road against the team that won one more game then me. 🤮
Old 03-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #258
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Can someone post a pic of the standings please
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #259
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Standings update...

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  261.8 KB
Old 03-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #260
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well I blew a 5-1 lead or he came back from being down 5-1 but anyway you look at it The Breakers have a one game lead with nine to go. 😁