Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Ballpark Import Failing

Anyone have issues with this before. I have a ton of .prk files from all over in my ballpark folder, when I try to import them to a new historical game, it just says "the import failed". It worked fine for all my MLB stadiums, but when I try to load stadiums from minor leagues (like Cooper Stadium, Lackawanna County Stadium), it's failing. Any ideas?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

I'm having the exact same issue. .Prk files that worked (and continue to work) with OOTP16 & 17 are failing to import on OOTP 18.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #3
retrogamer
Bat Boy

Having same problem

Just got OOTP 18 today and tried importing Gambo ballparks and got message that said import failed? Any resolution yet for this?
retrogamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

This is happening to me too now. Was working fine until now.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

It seems I can import but cannot use them. The game crashes when I start to play a game or if I click the option to look at ball coordinates. I was trying to import Silvam's 3D parks myself which I had no problem using in the past.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #6
thereal2Eight
Bat Boy

Import Failing

Does anyone know if OOTP is working on a solution for this?
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The .74 patch should resolve most (if not all) issues like this. Parks created in previous versions (ie. a park created in OOTP16) may not work, but at the very least more recent parks should all work.

Also, FYI, if a park worked in a previous version but doesn't in the current version, you should be able to import it in the previous version, then import that game into OOTP18, and then export the stadium, and it should be able to load in other games. I believe the last patch should remove any need to do that, but that is always an option.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The .74 patch should resolve most (if not all) issues like this. Parks created in previous versions (ie. a park created in OOTP16) may not work, but at the very least more recent parks should all work.

Also, FYI, if a park worked in a previous version but doesn't in the current version, you should be able to import it in the previous version, then import that game into OOTP18, and then export the stadium, and it should be able to load in other games. I believe the last patch should remove any need to do that, but that is always an option.
I tried that today. This is a game that was working in OOTP 17 with Silvam's Parks. I imported that game to 18 and this is what happens. #D Stadiums work in a standard game. I just can't seems to load any historic park. Frustrating.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Hrycaj; 08-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Figured it out

This has become beyond frustrating for me. I finally solved my personal problem. If anyone else is having the same problem I was, here was my solution. I needed to drag the stadium models from my OOTP 17 folder over to my 18 folder. Pretty simple. For some reason I couldn't figure that out earlier. I will never be confused for a tech guy for sure.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #10
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I just solved my stadium picture in a different way .... I went to stadium setup and found Comerica park.pod. The other extentions wouldn't show anything as if empty but when I used the pod picture it worked. I think that's why it used a default picture on a few ballparks especially on new teams. Although working on trying to figure out that part of the mess
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #11
zappa1
All Star Starter

What just happened? My game won't read the "models" folder in the ballparks anymore. Weird that it sees it when I go to load a 3D park, but when I go to load the .prk file for the diagram it's not reading it. I just reinstalled the last update and that didn't help. It is suppose to look for a .prk file but instead it shows me all my 2D jpeg parks. The models folder doesn't even show.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #12
zappa1
All Star Starter

OK. Here is what I did. I copied the models folder and pasted it in the same place. The copy is "models copy". I then moved that folder to the main game folders where addons, bb cards, saves, etc. is. Now when I look for the diagram file in the models folder I have to navigate to where that folder is and load it manually. Auto load diagram won't work anymore because it won't read the model folder in ballparks. In fact it wouldn't even read the copy in the ballpark folder. That's why I moved it to the main OOTP18 folders list. I'm just seeing this now because I haven't loaded any parks in a few months.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote