Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Euclidea
Bat Boy

Recommanded game to wait Beyond the Sideline Football

Hi there,

First, sorry for my english, I'm doing my best!

I'm a new OOTP player (and still learning baseball rules too).

I'm really looking forward the release of Beyond the Sideline but I wanted to be up and running when it'll come out so i'm looking for a good (or at least not too bad) alternative to have a better grasp on how football management works on mac but I can't find it.
I wanted to start a football fantasy league but it's too late now...

I've read on this forum that some people was playing Front Page Sports Football but it has pretty bad reviews (and I only have 1 mac) Front Page Sports Football on Steam

Thank you!

Felix.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
Euclidea
Bat Boy

Sorry I saw afterwards that there was already a topic about it: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-meantime.html
Old 01-21-2017, 03:35 AM   #3
eertugruloglu
Bat Boy

I get your concern, I've been looking for 'a game in the meantime' as well, because this game has gotten me hyped up. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
DannyH
Bat Boy

Nothing compares to the potential of this game, that is why the wait is so agonizing. I tried 'Front Office Football 8' but felt that whatever play I called in the awful interface the result was completely random.

'Bowl Bound College Football' is fun but there's plenty of game-wrecking bugs to ruin it. In my latest season on a 4 team playoff system - teams ranked #16 and #17 were somehow put into the playoffs over teams #3 and #4.

I liked the look of the new Madden only to find when I put it into my xbox360 that the new features only apply to the new consoles. The 360 version (despite being full price) is essentially a stripped-down tragedy.

In conclusion, BTS Football is the game I've always wanted.I don't mind waiting but just a few snippets of information would be nice to justify regularly returning to this forum.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
'Bowl Bound College Football' is fun but there's plenty of game-wrecking bugs to ruin it.
My problem with Bowl Bound is I actually get kind of bored during the season. Recruiting is the best part of the game.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
trident
All Star Reserve

If you want a list of NFL style managers, here is a user voted list .. Best NFL & College Football Management and Coach Games

Last edited by trident; 02-24-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #7
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
If you want a list of NFL style managers, here is a user voted list .. Best NFL & College Football Management and Coach Games
BTS is 4th and doesn't exist yet....
Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
BTS is 4th and doesn't exist yet....
I guess I am the only one who saw the irony here, after all irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #9
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I guess I am the only one who saw the irony here, after all irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.
haha there is definitely a need that has to be filled. A football manager quality product for NFL would get a lot of buzz.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
And games that are 20 and 12 years old rank 5th and 9th on the list. So, there hasn't been very many quality titles in the past two decades.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Zen GM - Free online single-player sports management simulation video games (Baseball, Basketball, and Football) has a good fictional football league simulator. The basketball game is better, since it's easier to customize, but you have go and edit the .json text to customize.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #12
notque
Bat Boy

http://www.deeproute.com is an online, multiplayer text based simulation for football. Might tide you over.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #13
notque
Bat Boy

Deeproute is an option, I run the sim, and it is a multiplayer text based game. Might give it a try.

http://deeproute.com
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 AM   #14
zap
Bat Boy

There was no mention of Action Football in the list. I purchased that it, waiting for Beyond the sideline Football. Its an all right game when your looking to temporarily fill the void.

Last edited by zap; 03-13-2017 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
There was no mention of Action Football in the list. I purchased that it, waiting for Beyond the sideline Football. Its an all right game when your looking to temporarily fill the void.
Thanks for the catch, its been added, http://gmgames.org/action-pc-football-apc-2016/
Old 03-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #16
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

I heard Madden NFL 2024 will be good.