Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
spiker
Bat Boy

Beyond the Sideline update?

As 2015 rapidly approaches, when should we expect to start hearing details on the game? Is there a timeline or plan for marketing yet? Is there any expectation for a Beta testing? Which quarter should we expect to see the final game?
Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
Is there a timeline or plan for marketing yet?
Yes, but the plan would obviously not be public!.
I would fully expect some kind of public news before Christmas.
And, if on the off-chance something happens where we can't release something before Christmas I'll mention something on here so people are not just left wondering what has happened.

Quote:
Is there any expectation for a Beta testing?
To start off with Beta testing is going to be a very small scale, which probably won't even be mentioned publicly. Then much later on we will expand the beta, this is probably the time I'll advertise it on this forum.

Quote:
Which quarter should we expect to see the final game?
I'm not saying that publicly at all, sorry. I'm sure you can understand how that can lead to nothing but problems if for some (unforeseen) reason we suddenly discover we can't make it.

Thanks,
Francis
Old 10-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
spiker
Bat Boy

I understand but at least we now know we have something to look forward to around Christmas. Can't wait to see what is brewing. Thanks for the update!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
jrdoa
Minors (Double A)

I'm really hoping you look at the original Front Page Sports Football and use that as a template and improve with a more realistic game, stats wise. Also, love the graphics from that game as well and would love to see something similar in BTS.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

When this game was announced it felt like Christmas came early. If we hear more about it right around Christmas that will certainly hold me over until the release date, whenever that may be.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Which quarter should we expect to see the final game?
6th quarter

/Donovan McNabb

Old 01-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
spiker
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Yes, but the plan would obviously not be public!.
I would fully expect some kind of public news before Christmas.
And, if on the off-chance something happens where we can't release something before Christmas I'll mention something on here so people are not just left wondering what has happened.

Thanks,
Francis
Did I miss the Christmas update?
Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #8
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Did I miss the Christmas update?
Yep along with me, we did a screen shot of the game logo though
Old 01-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #9
BradC
All Star Starter

I can't discuss specifics, but please give Francis a break right now. Many thanks.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #10
spiker
Bat Boy

Bump. With the NFL Draft happening this weekend and the anticipation for the 2015 season brewing at a nice pitch, this may present itself as an opportune moment for an update....
Old 05-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #11
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Come on guys, stop being jerks. I hate to minimod but Brad has said it time and time again: Cut Francis some slack, he'll be back when he can.

Quote:
Just an FYI that Francis may be delayed in answering questions in this thread, as well as responding elsewhere on this forum. Thanks for understanding.
Quote:
We'll pass on more news when we can. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Have some respect. Maybe he lost a loved one. Maybe he was in a car accident. Maybe he has cancer. Anything. Give him some space. A football sim isn't anywhere near as important as whatever is going on in Francis's life at this point.

Have a little patience and respect (and stop driving Brad crazy in the meantime).
Old 05-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
spiker
Bat Boy

What's with the hostility? If they can update they can, if not then they won't. No big deal. I mean no disrespect to the developers, but the forum is here to provide a direct outlet to interact with them. It can't hurt to ask. If they don't respond, I guess I'll just have to wait, won't I?
Old 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #13
Cap Heresy
Minors (Single A)

With all due respect to the developers, "can't discuss specifics" followed by nothing at all for almost 4 months doesn't seem very conducive to good customer relations. I wouldn't run a business that way. Just saying.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #14
joshbrady91
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
What's with the hostility? If they can update they can, if not then they won't. No big deal. I mean no disrespect to the developers, but the forum is here to provide a direct outlet to interact with them. It can't hurt to ask. If they don't respond, I guess I'll just have to wait, won't I?
I second that. We are the ones eagerly waiting and willing to invest good money into the project there working on
Old 05-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #15
spiker
Bat Boy

After I posted my response to garion early today, I was perusing around this subforum and located the unsourced quotes that garion quoted, which were posted within the 40-something page FAQ thread. As you can see, literally all of my posts on this forum are in this very thread. Needless to say, I'm not up on the day-to-day of this forum or the BTS topic since I really only check-in periodically. I apologize if my "thread bump" came off as insensitive. It seems that it may have been untimely and I was unaware of that.

garion, there is probably a more diplomatic way to address posts like mine instead of flying off and calling me a disrespectful jerk. We may all be better off if you leave the moderation to the mods.

I will continue to wait patiently for the debut of BTS, will check back in a few weeks/months, and remain a loyal customer.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #16
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I think with FHM2 releasing news people are getting eager for news on this. While I understand the excitement, we have to realize the season doesn't start until August if they are even releasing it before the season. Be patient my friends.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #17
BradC
All Star Starter

I have no problem with people asking questions, but right now, the update is still "We have no update." Again, it's a personal matter and it's not my place to speak on behalf of someone else at the company.

I realize that's a cruddy non-answer, but it's the best I can do right now. Please bear with us.

And let's keep things civil. We're all here because we are excited about this game.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #18
Cap Heresy
Minors (Single A)

An update of "no update" is still good to have once in a while.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #19
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Come on guys, stop being jerks. I hate to minimod but Brad has said it time and time again: Cut Francis some slack, he'll be back when he can.

Have some respect. Maybe he lost a loved one. Maybe he was in a car accident. Maybe he has cancer. Anything. Give him some space. A football sim isn't anywhere near as important as whatever is going on in Francis's life at this point.

Have a little patience and respect (and stop driving Brad crazy in the meantime).
Agreed. There's obviously something very significantly negative going on for Francis right now. I'm more worried about him than I am about his game. I hope he takes as much time as he needs to work through whatever is going on for him and doesn't feel pressured to resume work before he is 100%. While I wish we knew what was happening so we could at least stop worrying about things potentially worse than whatever it is, we're certainly not entitled to any explanation.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 05-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #20
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I obviously don't know what is going on with Francis but what ever it is I wish him well and hope he gets through it. But it's 15 months now since the question and answer thread opened and all we have seen is the logo. Surely there is the odd screen shot that can be shared after 15 months? If not it would suggest the game is still along time from away from being released!