Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #81
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Some great ideas here guys... We need to make them into skins...

The radio idea is not a difficult as you might think... Go to the fight images folder and replace all the boxers with blank images. Then overwrite all the background images with your radio picture!
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #82
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Here's what you can see of the background in 2.5. Not much point in using old cartoons as background in TB2013 because they won't be seen anywhere. That's not a bad thing. In the older editions, you had visible backgrounds that seemed more suited to replacement. I like most of the new setup design-wise. Prefer whatever dominant colour is being used to the mostly red of the earlier games. I like to be able to customize a game as much as possible though, but this may not be necessary if the Fight Screen itself is redesigned.

Cap
Attached Images
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #83
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Any chance of Chess-Boxing being added? (lol!)
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #84
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

After the 2.5 update there was a 3.0 update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
I think it needs it's own thread!
APBAgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #85
Mark42661
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBAgreat View Post

2.6 is the current version. Also called Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013.

Last edited by Mark42661; 07-17-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Mark42661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #86
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Thread

I'm just trying to get a simple answer on whether or not it is possible to export the statistics generated in a Universe from TBCB 2.5 to the brand new 3.0 game? I had no problem transferring all of the Boxers from that Universe, but none of their Statitics came wirth them. Is it possible to transfer that statistics generated in the 2.5 to the 3.0, as it was from the 2.0 to the 2.5? Please do not answer me with TechnoLingo. I do do not understand answers in technoeeze. just a simple Yes or no, will suffice. If it is yes, then what I have to do to get the stats from years of Bouts of TBCB 2.5 & everyone prior to that I never had a problem importing the old stats in to the new game. But here in the TBCB 2013, I can't seem to get the Boxers histories of the past fights, Wins-Losses-Draws (KO) , etc...into the new TBCB 2013. Is that impossible to convey?

Last edited by APBAgreat; 01-03-2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: SO I can get a better answer
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #87
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Hi guys,

what do you think about this:

i want to suggest about, to have the career earnings/wage in the autoscheduler in the case i want to create cards/events with more than 6 fights for example

Regards!!
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #88
Cap
Hall Of Famer

More detail, jefe.

Cap
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #89
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
Hi guys,

what do you think about this:

i want to suggest about, to have the career earnings/wage in the autoscheduler in the case i want to create cards/events with more than 6 fights for example

Regards!!
Ditto on this
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #90
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
More detail, jefe.

Cap
Just like we can build our fight cards, and see the wages and record the earnings of your fighters, but you have a limit of 6 fights.

the suggestion is to use the auto scheduler and have also over there the option to have the earnings/wages
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #91
Lee
Global Moderator

Auto-Scheduler and Cuts

The ability in the corner screen to check an option requiring that groups champion to fight when using the auto-scheduler with the Fight Card function. This would be helpful in ensuring the Champion appeared in the main and you could then use the existing criteria to make sure he fought a contender ranked 1-10 or whatever.

Regarding cuts, I know it has been asked before, but I really think a look at toning down the percentage of stoppages is needed and this would be a good opportunity to do so in advance of the next version. Either adjust the Referee/Doctors odds of stopping it or slow the rate that cuts worsen.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #92
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Can you make the dates universe specific? Sometimes I forget to change from my 1910 uni to my 1950 one when I'm scheduling my fights outside of the auto scheduler. Not a huge deal, but it's always nicer when a record reads chronologically.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #93
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to be able to edit things like Venue in the bout histories so if I accidentally have two Australians fight in California when I meant for them to fight in Adelaide, I can correct it. Right now if you click on the venue it takes you to the venues list but when you select a new venue it ignores you.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 08-21-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #94
Cap
Hall Of Famer

In the not too distant future, after I'm dead and turned to dust, maybe Title Bout: The Career Version will somehow incorporate the effects of ring rust on fighters. There would need to be an internal calendar of some sort measuring how long a boxer has been inactive. Of course in the dismal Klitschko era you can be away 3 or 4 years and beat up on the sad sacks who pass for contenders.

Cap
Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #95
meade95
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see the Fighter Strategy option adjusted -

First, I would like to see each option / strategy for a fighter to select / employ have less of an impact on the actual performance stats in a given round. Still have an impact but not as much.

Secondly, I would like to be able to perhaps pre-determine what strategies a given fighter will employ for his upcoming fight (but still be able to auto sim the fight). Meaning, I could make sure say Tyson was fighting. That he would like to employ either by round (or just in total throughout a fight). Say, "fight inside = 4 times", "Go for KO =2". These would be at minimum. The rest of the time he would fight "at normal".

Lastly, I would like to see an automatic adjustment (as is now with the "Cover-up" strategy being employed when a fighter is hurt). I would like to see an automatic "protect cut" strategy go into effect for a round or two after a cut happens. (Or at least the option to turn such an protect cut strategy option on).

Thanks
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #96
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Hoping the following changes will be pretty straight forward.

Spent some time looking around when skinning, but think beyond customization.

*1 - Would like a link to particular boxer.

*2 - Looks like it needs (I think) an additional version of the CID_FIGHTER_DETAILS specifically for this screen to achieve this.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #97
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Has work on Version 3 been started at all?
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 AM   #98
LBWood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When playing a sports simulation on a computer, the more decisions the better. Without ample decision-making, it just becomes button-clicking.

I'm wondering why it's not possible to change the strategy within a round. The AI will automatically Cover Up when a boxer is hurt, but otherwise the strategy set for the round holds right through.

Sometimes the commentary suggests that if I go after an opponent hard I could end the fight. It's a great suggestion, but kind of a useless one since I can't change to Go for Knockout.

Likewise, sometimes I get way ahead on points early in a round and would like to switch to Defensive, but I can't.

Anyway, those are just a couple of ideas for how to potentially increase involvement. They're not necessarily the best ones.
LBWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #99
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

The only in Round Strategy Option in Title Bout Championship Boxing has always been limited to the Cover-Up Defense. It only makes sense to at least include the Cover-Up Strategy which is a big difference maker in the quality of a fighter's ability to stave off the storm of defeat in a variety of ways. I guess there really is no other choice to include that one change of strategy, because without it, there wpuld be a tremendous drop in realism. And if there is only going to be one: The COVER-UP, that's the one that should be it. Having a Boxer who has the ability to be able to survive punishment by possessiing good enough chin and /or any of a myriad of a variety of defense abilities, or combinations thereof dramatically increases any Boxer's survival rate, which always gives them a chance to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. The importance in a Boxer's ability to survive in the ring under arduous circumstances, that sometimes, frequently or usually lead to defeat by the pugilist possessing such a quality. The varying degrees of a boxer's ability to stay in the fight by having an effective Cover-Up tactics, and possibly tremendously enhanced with a good chin and asorb punishment raises a fighter's overall ability immensely, many times as one of a Boxer's strongest aspects to their overall ability that raises that Boxer into ther upper stratosphere of the most elite practioners of the sport.

Having the ability to stave off a blistering attack, or just the savvy to use angles, head movement, parry, clinch effectively or be blessed with good footspeed and/or bycycling ability will keep that Boxer around and give him another chance for victory.

Last edited by APBAgreat; 04-13-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #100
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the information. I have the game including the latestest 1.4 updae from P.I.S.D., but is there an answer to that question? Can you import all of the data from all of the bouts that you salvaged from the very first version of Title Bout Boxing? I even had the Board Game, but obviously I don't think you could imput the information from the bouts staged with the board game a 100 years ago. In all the past updates of TBCB I had no problem importing all of my statitics from all the bouts staged in my universe, hower, with TBCB 2013, while it allows you import a Past SAVED GAME (UNIVERSE), unlike all of the prior updates, I cannot import the boxer's past bout history with the Saved Game. Shouldn't all the statititical information be deemed as part of a Saved Game (Universe)? Is there a way to do it? Even a simple yes or No answer would be apprteciated because I haven't even been able to get that far since I first tried to import that information from Title Bout 2.6 to TBCB 2013, which was in the first week of theTBCB 2013 game being available to the public.

Last edited by APBAgreat; 04-13-2014 at 10:05 PM.