Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Putting a player on the trade block right after signing him

In my fictional league there is a team that is currently battling for a playoff spot. They go out and get themselves a solid free agent SP, who fills their #1 spot in the rotation. He's 28 so still fairly young but they put him on the block only days after signing him. They are currently in 6th place but are listed as "rebuilding" The signing makes total sense but putting him right on the block right away doesn't.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

This has been fairly common in my experience. A lot of the time it is due to the AI being really poor at managing its money.

Check their financials and see if they should not have signed the guy.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjbock View Post
This has been fairly common in my experience. A lot of the time it is due to the AI being really poor at managing its money.

Once, I acquired a player - gold glove, power hitting shortstop - the was a negative reaction from my fans and my players; most importantly, we started losing. Turns out, he was a major disruption, but there was no indication of this before I acquired him. Traded him away as soon as I could. That might be why.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjbock View Post

They had around 50 million to spend so that’s not the issue.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #5
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram2Whitaker View Post
Once, I acquired a player - gold glove, power hitting shortstop - the was a negative reaction from my fans and my players; most importantly, we started losing. Turns out, he was a major disruption, but there was no indication of this before I acquired him. Traded him away as soon as I could. That might be why.
I’ll check into that.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

Yes, if you're playing with team chemistry, player mood and fan reaction on you have to be careful. I turn off chemistry and mood because I like to heavily customize my teams. I need to try a season with everything on.

This is why managing in baseball is not just about baseball knowledge and teaching skill; but so dependent on managing people under great pressure, high ego (because it takes a big ego to compete in MLB, like it or not) and a very limited job market.

This is why so many utility infielders and defensive catchers manage so well, they had to have complex relationships in their playing days, they couldn't just ride their talent.
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote