Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #41
Isotopecrunch
Minors (Single A)

So I get it FHM3?

I purchased FHM2 last year I couldn't get into the game - it felt slow and I didn't feel like I could control certain aspects of the game. I'm use to playing OOTP Baseball and all it's great aspects. Maybe I was expecting a lot more from FHM2.

I'd like to try FHM3 this year but I felt I wasted my money on FHM2. My expectations are much lower so I might enjoy it better. I want to replay seasons as well as create an on-going league with seasons. I have 3 in OOTP Baseball 17 which were started years ago. I would like to do the same with the hockey.

Any advice on whether I should get it?
Isotopecrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Well, we have a 14 day no questions asked refund policy (If you buy directly from us, not through steam).

So I'd suggest getting it and seeing what you think. Give it a week or 10 days and see what you think.

If you don't like it after that, just file a support ticket before the 14 days are up and we'll give you your money back.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #43
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthersgirl View Post
I would like to know this also please what Cole asked? I'm totally new and from what I can tell fictional isn't a focus but still hoping that a LITTLE was put on it. In addition to Cole's question above, can you run a fictional league setup using real NHL players??? If so I'm on my way to preorder asap
Thanks everyone!
Nobody can help with this??? Plllllease??
Panthersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #44
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Nobody can help with this??? Plllllease??
You could before, when creating a custom league there is a box that says "Use Real Players"

My problem is that you can only edit a few rules in the league wizard, the rest you can only change on July 1. Unfortunately FHM2 games start in August, thus I'd have to play a whole season before being able to implement sledge hockey rules.
It might not seem like a big deal, but this means my first season has to be ignored because games lasted 15 minutes longer than real sledge hockey games.
I really hope they added the advanced wizard that OOTP has, using that system you can edit any rule you want.

ALSO
I would love be able to isolate leagues from eachother, so I can run a Sledge Hockey League alongside the NHL without having Sledge Hockey players migrate to the NHL and be turned into Bionic Hockey Players

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game

Last edited by Cole98; 10-13-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #45
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole98 View Post
You could before, when creating a custom league there is a box that says "Use Real Players
I really hope they added the advanced wizard that OOTP has, using that system you can edit any rule you want.

ALSO
I would love be able to isolate leagues from eachother, so I can run a Sledge Hockey League alongside the NHL without having Sledge Hockey players migrate to the NHL and be turned into Bionic Hockey Players
I agree, hopefully they were able to do atleast a little something to let us tweak here and there. I know its not their focus by any means but hopefully just a little bit ya know.. "fingers crossed!" I just hope we can add real players to a fictional league setup, if anyone knows for sure pllllease tell
Old 10-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #46
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotopecrunch View Post
I purchased FHM2 last year I couldn't get into the game - it felt slow and I didn't feel like I could control certain aspects of the game. I'm use to playing OOTP Baseball and all it's great aspects. Maybe I was expecting a lot more from FHM2.

I'd like to try FHM3 this year but I felt I wasted my money on FHM2. My expectations are much lower so I might enjoy it better. I want to replay seasons as well as create an on-going league with seasons. I have 3 in OOTP Baseball 17 which were started years ago. I would like to do the same with the hockey.

Any advice on whether I should get it?
Out of curiosity, what aspects of the game did you feel you couldn't control? Also, are you more of a hockey fan? A baseball fan? A sim fan? I think this is important. I used to like baseball but I think it's only okay nowadays, whereas I love hockey. Consequently, I was both starved for any decent hockey sim but I also had some clear requirements as to what I liked (eg- history mode and being able to build to Devils franchise from its inception). FHM allowed that from its beginning so it hit my sweet spot.

Perhaps you don't enjoy hockey as much? Or maybe you just were looking for something specific that you didn't find in FHM2. Even tho I'm not associated with the company in any way, shape or form, I really enjoy reliving the past in this sim. FHM keeps getting better and whatever short term sacrifices have had to be made feature wise (like online play) and been rewarded by improvements in other important areas. And no doubt other features will be added over time. But this cannot happen if we do not support this game. For that reason alone Iwould hope that you would get it and a support the project, but hopefully the game will hit your gaming sweet spot.

That's my $.02
Old 10-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #47
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I just hope we can add real players to a fictional league setup, if anyone knows for sure pllllease tell
I answered this, but I wasn't clear enough, my bad.
Basically the answer is yes, they had it in FHM2 so it will almost certainly be in FHM3.

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:38 AM   #48
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole98 View Post
I answered this, but I wasn't clear enough, my bad.
Basically the answer is yes, they had it in FHM2 so it will almost certainly be in FHM3.
Hey Cole, wanted to double check with you cuz maybe I did something wrong but after like the last couple updates or so they did of FHM 2, I was no longer able to use real players in fictional setup. The option was there but you couldn't actually select it. Or atleast I couldn't, was wondering if this was something you actually succeeded in doing or if you just saw it listed there so thought you could? This is something I definitely hope for as well haha!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #49
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Hey Cole, wanted to double check with you cuz maybe I did something wrong but after like the last couple updates or so they did of FHM 2, I was no longer able to use real players in fictional setup. The option was there but you couldn't actually select it. Or atleast I couldn't, was wondering if this was something you actually succeeded in doing or if you just saw it listed there so thought you could? This is something I definitely hope for as well haha!
That definitely sounds like a bummer, maybe Cole can confirm or deny this or anyone else that reads this??

Last edited by Panthersgirl; 10-14-2016 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #50
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
That definitely sounds like a bummer, maybe Cole can confirm or deny this or anyone else that reads this??
Hey Panthersgirl,
I just went and checked... under fictional setup, if you use "real NHL setup" option as your league structure, than you can select real NHL players. However, if you select any other league structure form, it will not let you select the option of real NHL players.... sooooooo hopefully atleast this is one thing that will get fixed! Anyways, wanted to run that by you!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #51
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Edit League Structure,League Evolution,Import Historical Team intill a League,Save League as World Template and so on.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #52
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

Steam key?

I just bought game from the website...I want to add game to my steam..how do I go about getting steam key? Do I have to wait till Monday morning to do anything about adding it to steam?
mbaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #53
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
I just bought game from the website...I want to add game to my steam..how do I go about getting steam key? Do I have to wait till Monday morning to do anything about adding it to steam?
It'll be available Monday, but you should've got the key w/ your receipt, as that was the case for myself.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #54
mathew93
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpegiovanni View Post
It'll be available Monday, but you should've got the key w/ your receipt, as that was the case for myself.
I entered the key in on Steam and it was accepted, but the game still hasn't shown up in my library. I know it's not available until tomorrow, but is this normal? Will it just pop up tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow?
mathew93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #55
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

ill have to try that
Old 10-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #56
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

steam wont take my code...it doesn't help that I don't know if they are ZEROs or letter O
Old 10-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #57
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew93 View Post
I entered the key in on Steam and it was accepted, but the game still hasn't shown up in my library. I know it's not available until tomorrow, but is this normal? Will it just pop up tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow?
It's normal. You should be good.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #58
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
steam wont take my code...it doesn't help that I don't know if they are ZEROs or letter O
Can you try to copy/paste rather than manually entering the code?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #59
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

I tried that and it keeps saying invalid product code...
Old 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #60
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I tried that and it keeps saying invalid product code...
If you could you open a support ticket as per my signature I'll try to help you further via email.