Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Help creating my league, please?

I've set up half a dozen or so sims tonight and can't get it right. (And have had OOTP crash three times on me, but oh well.) What I am trying to do is create a game that runs from 1871 to 2012 (and then beyond) while using historical random debut players, a 154 game schedule and the same number of teams throughout the league history. I can't figure out the settings nor the math involved.

The math probably doesn't work, but just to show this as an example of what I am trying to do: 16 teams in 1871 w/ 25 man rosters and 40 man rosters and running them the same way all the way through 2012 with a 154 game schedule every year. It seems that I either get fictional players, or the initial draft imports 2600 players (which would be 168 players per franchise if there were 16 teams), or the game just crashes.

If I need 20 teams, or 12, I don't care. I just want to try and create a league where all of the rules stay the same except for the offensive eras and see what happens over 141 years. Can someone please help?
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric View Post
I've set up half a dozen or so sims tonight and can't get it right. (And have had OOTP crash three times on me, but oh well.) What I am trying to do is create a game that runs from 1871 to 2012 (and then beyond) while using historical random debut players, a 154 game schedule and the same number of teams throughout the league history. I can't figure out the settings nor the math involved.

The math probably doesn't work, but just to show this as an example of what I am trying to do: 16 teams in 1871 w/ 25 man rosters and 40 man rosters and running them the same way all the way through 2012 with a 154 game schedule every year. It seems that I either get fictional players, or the initial draft imports 2600 players (which would be 168 players per franchise if there were 16 teams), or the game just crashes.

If I need 20 teams, or 12, I don't care. I just want to try and create a league where all of the rules stay the same except for the offensive eras and see what happens over 141 years. Can someone please help?
I have a 1871-2012 Random debut but I use the 30 game schedule. 7 round Ammy draft. I can save it as a Quickstart for you, You just have to go in and change the amount of games from 30 to 154 (Won't be able to do that until after 1871) My OF is LF 20 yr old Joe DiMaggio CF 33 yr old Willie Mays RF 24 yr old Tris Speaker I have 19 yr old Tony Perez, 18 yr old Eddie Murray 18 yr old Doc Gooden and 21 yr old Doug Drabek. (See SS) I am at the start of Spring Training which I set to 6 games.

Did you want a Historical League or a Fictional League and add the teams as you want? Mine is a historical league setup at 1871, teams will be added as OOTP sees fit, I am using the normal schedules.

I can set one up for you in 10 mins just tell me exactly what you want. I'll be back this afternoon.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by The Game; 07-17-2012 at 08:36 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the offer, but I can create it to follow regular historical patterns. The big thing is I want more than eight teams in the league. Stacking my team like yours is set up doesn't really appeal to me.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
tds787
Minors (Double A)

Eventually you will get fictional players since you'll run out of historical ones.

You want to start in 1871 with 16 teams? Pick a historical season with 16 teams, check the random debut box, and before you click start (you may have to be in advanced mode for this) make the starting year 1871 instead of the year you picked.

That should be all you need. The league will automatically scale the amount of superstar players, average players, poor players to how many teams are in the league.

I took the 1962 season (20 teams) and started in 1901 using the above method which worked like a charm. Each team has at least one great player and nobody is stacked too badly

EDIT: What works best is to have no minors and just a reserve roster (my limit is 20 players on the reserve) which gives a total of 45 players per team. I did away with the 40 man roster, didn't seem necessary.

Last edited by tds787; 07-17-2012 at 03:49 PM.
tds787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but I can create it to follow regular historical patterns. The big thing is I want more than eight teams in the league. Stacking my team like yours is set up doesn't really appeal to me.
Then create it as a fictional league at 1871 with more then 8 teams random debut and import historical players both must be checked. My team is only stacked because those are the players that came into the league via random debut. I have 18 man rosters, 30 game schedule and the Ammy draft is set to 7 rounds til i start to run low on players.

TDS I use a Spritz-Gambo real debut all players DB, I won't run out of players until 2076.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

When I do a fictional w/ import historical and random debut on, it never imported guys. No idea why.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When I do a fictional w/ import historical and random debut on, it never imported guys. No idea why.
Do you have a database listed? league menu - league setup- historiccal (for historical leagues) options (for fictional leagues)

Sounds like you dont have something setup right. Your game isn't gonna just not have random debut while everyone else who has OOTP 13 will.