Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #881
Metrostars1029
Bat Boy

Hey. Still in my first week of playing this AMAZING sim game. I absolutely am obsessed. Anyway im having a small issue in the game. It might be just a quick fix i am missing or maybe not. anyway..

I have created a classic league all the way back to 1871 with 8 teams and such. nothing to fancy, but after playing most of the season, once the game hit roster expansion on September 1st, the amount of players on a rookie (A) club for another franchise was at an illegal amount (1 player). I can not fix this since i have no control of the franchise, even if i did i dont know how i would fix it since because it is an inaugural season, there are no free agents.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Love the game. Keep up the amazing work
Metrostars1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #882
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
I like to sim 35 years to build up a history in my fictional baseball league. With a manager named "History Maker".

Then I add a new human manager and take over a team as him.

I have done this a few times and every time, I am bothered because there are 100s (haven't really counted them, but way too many) of offers to the same manager or coach. I had hoped they would disappear after a day or two, but I needed to go through and withdraw the offers manually. In one league up to three personnel were offered many contracts.

I have backups if you'd like an upload.
From the developer: Simply set the manager to commish mode and he will get no offers.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #883
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

Empty pop-up menu in BNN Broadcast

First week on the job and in my second game of my fantasy league season I received a pop-up message in the BNN Broadcast menu that was titled

"Question" and then asked for Yes or No.

Problem is: There wasn't any question (I am using the dark background).

Apparently it asked me whether I wanted a runner to pass 2nd and head for third (he made it), but I couldn't read it.
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #884
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

In one-pitch mode I can not put in pinch hitter when AI changes pitcher

In one-pitch mode I can not put in pinch hitter when AI changes pitcher.

I choose swing-away with current batter. AI changes pitcher and the result of the at-bat is then reported. I wish I could put in a left-handed batter when he puts in a right-handed pitcher....
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #885
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
Another RBI bug:

Bases loaded, one out. Batter hits a slow roller to third, third baseman airmails the throw to first, batter ends up on second, two runs score.

The game gives the batter a ground out and the third baseman an error, which implies that the batter would have grounded out 5-3 if not for the error.

The game credits the batter with 2 RBI. This is incorrect. In this situation, as in all error situations, the official scorer must determine what would have happened and credit everyone accordingly. Here, though, we know what would have happened - the other runners would have advanced on the slow grounder and the batter would have been out at first. So he should get credit for one RBI - the runner who went from third to home - but certainly not the other, who would have been at third.
I've got some good news, Eck4Prez . . . and I've got some bad news. The good news is that the developer is aware of the issues (since I gathered them together into a collection for his convenience). The bad news is that he won't be able to address them until a future patch -- whatever that means -- since fixing them will take a considerable amount of time.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #886
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

nm

Last edited by pstrickert; 07-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #887
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967 View Post
I have a question, I play the Pirates and created a scout with all legendary stats accept for the minors (outstanding), I know that scouts can't be accurate all the time, but he does that a lot, for example, when I see a nice prospect in free agents list, I ask for scouting report, after 1 day or 2 he came up he is atm 1 star and 5 star in the future, I hired many prospects this way, but when they are in the line-up they drop dramaticly, so I was testing a bit, I looked at the options screen and saw that scouting was on normal, I go back and look in the free agents list and saw just like before enough prospects, (also after another scoutingreport). When I go back to options and put the scouting on 100% accurate, all the prospect dissapeared, not a single prospect to find in free agent list, also when I look at the line up, some players dropped in rattings verry bad, so here's my question, why is this...what's the use of a legendary scout anyway, I payed a lot on salary for this guy and pirates don;t have a lot of money to spend, I know a legendary scout don't have accurate reports sometimes...but all his reports are truly false all the time, when I compare this with 100% accuracy, has this to do with something in my scouting budget?

Cheerssss
Works as designed (as per the developer).
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #888
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
My first league started ran into a problem: the playoffs will never end.

1) Create 3 major leagues of 8 teams each.
2) Associate them for playoffs only.
3) Permit league champion and 3 wildcards each league to qualify
4) Seeding based on %, and wildcards seeded lowest.
5) sim season
6) game recognizes only 1st round, top 2 in each league only
7) play until playoffs end continues on and on and on......

Edit: In my 2nd league I enabled customized playoffs for each league AND identically for the association and got my 12 team playoff.

Edit: I'm still having trouble with this. Teams play 2 useless rounds of playoffs in each league then start the association playoff.
Unable to reproduce during testing (as per the developer).
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #889
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Theres a bug when adding teams to a template, not sure if it happens other times when adding a team.

You try to add a division and add teams but it will move the teams aready created around.

Have a 2 subleagues, with two 6 team divisions when i try to add a 3rd and add teams it will move the other teams around
Cannot fix (as per the developer).
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #890
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
I like to sim 35 years to build up a history in my fictional baseball league. With a manager named "History Maker".

Then I add a new human manager and take over a team as him.

Problem: When I add a new human manager and assign him to a team, the introductory email announcing the new GM incorrectly lists the name of the prior human commissioner ("History Maker" in my case).

In all other respects, the human manager seems to have been created properly.

If I create the human manager without assigning him to a team, then later, after he has been created, assign him to a team, everything turns out fine.

I have double checked and made sure I hit return when entering the new human manager name in this fashion.
Cannot reproduce (as per the developer).
Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #891
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
News story 11675 is incorrect. It shows HRs allowed by rookie pitchers and the data shown is 2005 or 2006 in my league which is in 2006. It might be pulling first year in MLB because my pitcher is on the list and did make some appearances in 2005 but still qualifes as a rookie.
Cannot reproduce (as per the developer).
Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #892
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Offering contracts to free agents bug:

0) this is an online league game
1) $65 million salary cap
2) total salary for 2012 = $65 million
3) total salary for 2013 + outstanding extension offers ~ $50 milllion this was after declining team options ~ $15 million
4) the 2012 post season has just concluded, but before arbitration and free agents file.
5) I have no arbitration eligible players
6) the free agent offer screen has $ for free agents cap ZERO

I believe the $ for free agents does not update after declining team options to players. Maybe, if I could advance the game 1 day this would fix itself, but being an online game I cannot do this.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #893
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Team LOB reported on box scores is not correct. It fails to subtract the effect of double plays. So that if Team LOB is 9 in the box score and the opposing team turned 2 double plays, the correct Team LOB should be 7. The LOB after each half inning of the game log is correct.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #894
awick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by awick View Post
I opened a ticket on this a few days ago but have had no response so decided to report my problem here too.

I am unable to save my game AFTER passing though the new year. I have the game saved and backed up on December 31 and I am able to play forward in time as much as I want, but after January 1 I get a fatal database error when I save or during the save step when I exit the game. After the error, I am able to open the game and it will restore to the last valid save which is December 31.

When I play forward in time, everything looks normal to me. I just can't save the progress.

This is a fictional league imported from OOTP12. The problem does not occur in other game universes I have created.
More than another month has gone by since the quoted post and I've still heard nothing, neither from the trouble ticket nor otherwise. I'm still hoping someone can help me with this and would sure appreciate at least some response.

Still looking for some love.
awick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #895
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

On July 2, the developer requested the league files. I directed him to your upload. It's like tennis: serve and volley.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #896
awick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
On July 2, the developer requested the league files. I directed him to your upload. It's like tennis: serve and volley.
That sounds good. I served and even if the return is a lob, I can wait pretty patiently for it to come down. Thanks.
awick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #897
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

You've been remarkably patient. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #898
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Very similar issue to Bailey's.

See here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3348064

Am happy to share league file later this evening if helpful. Please advise.

Also, if not already aware, this is known issue with others as well. Not sure if redundant by posting here, but would prefer to be redundant than keep devs ignorant if not already informed.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #899
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
First week on the job and in my second game of my fantasy league season I received a pop-up message in the BNN Broadcast menu that was titled

"Question" and then asked for Yes or No.

Problem is: There wasn't any question (I am using the dark background).
I have that problem as well, also with the dark background. It doesn't happen with either of the other skins.

Last edited by Kelric; 07-07-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #900
bsss
Bat Boy

When you fire your manager in season and replace him with someone on your staff, The new manager gets credit for the W-L record accomplished by the old manager.
bsss is offline   Reply With Quote