Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

Creating own awards

I'vw created my own award, a fireman of the year, and that works fine. But am I restricted to creating only one award? When the winnersareposted in History there is a big blank area in the display that could be used for another award.
Big Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you're restricted to only one customer award per league (the majors get one, Triple-A another, etc.). They will be on the awards page once you choose someone to win it - just remember that you have to choose the player each year.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
hfield007
All Star Starter

I keep a seperate word pad file showing all of my extra awards.

Silver Sluggers
Relieve of Year
Minor Leaguer of the Year
South Paw Award
Foreign Player of the Year
All Star MVP
Post Season MVP
Defensive Player of the Year

And also I always do All-Decade teams. Keeps me more immersed with my universe.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
I keep a seperate word pad file showing all of my extra awards.

Silver Sluggers
Relieve of Year
Minor Leaguer of the Year
South Paw Award
Foreign Player of the Year
All Star MVP
Post Season MVP
Defensive Player of the Year

And also I always do All-Decade teams. Keeps me more immersed with my universe.
I don't like to run all-star games in my league, so every year like to imagine what players would consist in the "team of the year" and make it an article within the game. (Really, just a quick glance at WAR so I am not spending hours doing it). Would be cool to see OOTP recognize all-decade, or all-time best teams comprising of the best players ever.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
I don't like to run all-star games in my league, so every year like to imagine what players would consist in the "team of the year" and make it an article within the game. (Really, just a quick glance at WAR so I am not spending hours doing it). Would be cool to see OOTP recognize all-decade, or all-time best teams comprising of the best players ever.
I sim everything and basically am just the commissioner of my league as I never take control of a team's operations. I love watching each year ufold. But I fully immerse mself within the universe creating a small voting system for the all star ballot and keeping records of my MVP voting and POY voting, selecting a lot of other awards I created myself for the league and reading every news story, keeping monthly pennant race standings snapshots and keeping a final season pennant race recorded for each year with a close race. Along with that I do a homerun derby each all star game, I have a hall of fame voting system in done each January 1 after which point whoever makes it in gets their own page in the history books literally as I create a unique HoF bio for them, and I even implemented a collective bargaining agreement system that can have repercussions like a strike, and I always watch every playoff game.

All in all each season takes roughly 8-10 hours to sim for me given all the other things I do to stay immersed and feel very well part of the league.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
ootp11.5
Minors (Single A)

Hope this feature is expanded in 13 to include some of the awards you guys have talked about as default awards rather than custom made ones.
ootp11.5 is offline   Reply With Quote