Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 05-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #141
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_king
I have a question..

I've started a league using the downloaded file, but now I don't know how to start another league using the same rosters and pictures and such from this file. Is there any way to do this?
The easiest way to do it would be in Windows. Just copy (shift-click and drag) the league directory, so you have a "Copy of MLB 2005 for OOTP 6.lg" folder. Then just rename that folder, making sure to leave the ".lg" at the end.

Then you can load it from inside OOTP as if it were any other league.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 PM   #142
squirrel_king
Minors (Single A)

Thanks very much!
squirrel_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #143
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Crash question

I contracted six teams, had a four round dispersal draft and generated a new schedule. Now when it tries to finalize the first week of play the game crashes and I can't make anything out of the error messages.

The game only crashes in this league.

Any thoughts?
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #144
MetsRock67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Alright, this may have been addressed already, but I read through and didn't notice anyone else having this problem...

I install the package(great work by the way), and everything seems to install fine... The schedule's ok, etc... But the player photos and stadium graphics don't show up... With the player photos, it says the file is not found... When I play games out, there are no stadium graphics... It's just a black void with player names were their positions would be...

Anyone ever have this problem??
MetsRock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #145
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

t-bone: no idea, to be honest. What if you re-install and re-run the dispersal draft?

metsrock: Chances are that the graphics did not successfully convert. The installer contains .jpg files for space reasons. The last step in the installer (the check box) is supposed to convert them to .bmp...if that didn't happen, then that would explain your situation. You can convert them manually using Irfanview (freeware), however.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #146
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

I'll try it and get back to you.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #147
MetsRock67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe
metsrock: Chances are that the graphics did not successfully convert. The installer contains .jpg files for space reasons. The last step in the installer (the check box) is supposed to convert them to .bmp...if that didn't happen, then that would explain your situation. You can convert them manually using Irfanview (freeware), however.
How would I go about doing that? I downloaded Irfanview... So how do i convert the images?

Edit: Ok... Update... I try to run the jpeg converter, but it says the file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows applications...

What the heck does that mean?

Last edited by MetsRock67; 05-20-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #148
Jordan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsRock67
How would I go about doing that? I downloaded Irfanview... So how do i convert the images?

Edit: Ok... Update... I try to run the jpeg converter, but it says the file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows applications...

What the heck does that mean?
sam problem...i was looking forward to this
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #149
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

if the "jpeg converter" is the djpeg application that I included and you're getting that message (probably something with wording like "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem") when you run it, that may mean you have (or have had) spyware. I've seen some malware (although I can't remember what it was) which causes just such an error message when you try to run command-line apps.

As far as Irfanview goes:

1) Open Irfanview
2) File -> Batch Conversion/Rename
3) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\Graphics\MVP
4) Set the "Files of Type" dialog to .JPG, if it isn't already.
5) Click "Add All" on the left.
6) Click "Use this directory as output".
7) In the "Work As:" section (bottom right side of the window), make sure "Batch Conversion" is selected.
8) Under "Batch conversion settings", set to Output format to "BMP - Windows Bitmap".
9) Click "Start" at the top.

You should see a progress window that goes merrily along.

Repeat the above steps, but using the following directories in step 3:

1) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\Graphics\BG
2) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\MLB 2005 for OOTP 6.lg\Logos
3) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\MLB 2005 for OOTP 6.lg\Photos

Once the conversions are done, you can go into those folders and delete all the .jpg files.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #150
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Crash problem continues

So I did as we discussed. Deleted, reinstalled. Then as before, I contracted six teams and replicated my 4 round dispersal draft.

This time the game simply crashes after four days of play, not at the end of a week. In fact it's crashing on a Monday, after concluding the first week of the season.

Some other info is that after contraction, a few of the team logo's have been applied to the wrong teams. The only other thing of consequence that I can report would be that now, after a crash, when I restart the game, it does not even open in this league. Did not do that with the previous crash problem.

Obviously, I'm not getting far enough along in the League for this to be a big problem and I'd probably more interested in your thoughts regarding what I could do to avoid this type of problem. Simply download Halofan?

Anything you would offer would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #151
Jordan
All Star Starter

Quote:
if the "jpeg converter" is the djpeg application that I included and you're getting that message (probably something with wording like "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem") when you run it, that may mean you have (or have had) spyware. I've seen some malware (although I can't remember what it was) which causes just such an error message when you try to run command-line apps.

As far as Irfanview goes:

1) Open Irfanview
2) File -> Batch Conversion/Rename
3) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\Graphics\MVP
4) Set the "Files of Type" dialog to .JPG, if it isn't already.
5) Click "Add All" on the left.
6) Click "Use this directory as output".
7) In the "Work As:" section (bottom right side of the window), make sure "Batch Conversion" is selected.
8) Under "Batch conversion settings", set to Output format to "BMP - Windows Bitmap".
9) Click "Start" at the top.

You should see a progress window that goes merrily along.

Repeat the above steps, but using the following directories in step 3:

1) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\Graphics\BG
2) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\MLB 2005 for OOTP 6.lg\Logos
3) C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6\MLB 2005 for OOTP 6.lg\Photos

Once the conversions are done, you can go into those folders and delete all the .jpg files.
K, first AVG doesn't detect any viruses on my comp. I've deleted my spyware and such. I still get the same message.

Second, what's Irfanview?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #152
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

The 16-bit subsystem message can persist even once you've deleted the spyware. It has to do with a couple of files (autoexec.nt being the one I can name off the top of my head) that get deleted...you have to manually put them back, but I'm not sure exactly how you go about doing that.

Irfanview is a freeware image viewer/converter.

www.irfanview.com
Old 05-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #153
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The 16-bit subsystem message can persist even once you've deleted the spyware. It has to do with a couple of files (autoexec.nt being the one I can name off the top of my head) that get deleted...you have to manually put them back, but I'm not sure exactly how you go about doing that.

Irfanview is a freeware image viewer/converter.

www.irfanview.com
Mr Jaffe, I'm curious as to how do you get the background images to change? I was looking at it this morning, found the bg folder, but don't understand how you get OOTP to rotate through them.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #154
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastric ReFlux
Mr Jaffe, I'm curious as to how do you get the background images to change? I was looking at it this morning, found the bg folder, but don't understand how you get OOTP to rotate through them.
Well, I set them in the Edit Ballpark area, each stadium gets a background. In theory, when you're looking at any of Milwaukee's screens, you'll see the exterior shot of Miller Park in the background. The game seems inconsistent as to when you see what background image, though.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #155
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I set them in the Edit Ballpark area, each stadium gets a background. In theory, when you're looking at any of Milwaukee's screens, you'll see the exterior shot of Miller Park in the background. The game seems inconsistent as to when you see what background image, though.
Thanks. I had never played with that before. It was kind of freaking me out.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #156
Jordan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks a lot Eric, your naming of autoexec.nt helped me out a lot. I "repaired" the file step by step using this website (good for Windows and Windows XP).

http://www.islandnet.com/knitware/errautoexec.htm
Old 05-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #157
Jonzard
Hall Of Famer

How do I go about fixing the 2004 stats? In player screens I see 2003 stats under 2004. Now upon further examination, I find the stats do not match up with the players in some cases.
For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping. — Sir Peter B. Medawar
FTB

Last edited by Jonzard; 05-25-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Jonzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #158
Jonzard
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAH
I was wondering why there are two sets of 2004 stats, one set looks right the other looks wrong.

For instance, the player profile "basic stats" category for Jason Giambi had him hitting 28 homers in '04, while his career stats show him hitting 12. Of course, he did hit 12 last season.

It is not a big deal if the career stats are done right, just wondering what the reasoning was behind this.
Ok I dug through the thread and found the same problem with no solution... is there one?
For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping. — Sir Peter B. Medawar
FTB
Jonzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #159
sidius
Bat Boy

Question im doing it wrong

i downloaded the installer and ran it,but when i start a new league either the default players that come with ootp are there or none at all.could somebody help? Thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #160
MetsRock67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK... I managed to get the .jpgs converted... Thanks to Jordan for providing the link to restore autoexec.nt...

I have a new problem now, however... Even though the .jpgs have been converted, the images still don't show up when I play the game...