Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #41
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Hey that worked - played about 5 games in a row without issue (where as before I was crashing on 95% of my games)

I have tried everything (I thought) including buying a new top of the line computer - and nothing so far has worked.

to recap for those who may just be getting here - this is what worked for me:

1. game configuration - disable direct 3d, enable sound
2. in game setup - disable interface sound, enable in-game sound
3. play all games at larger then 1024x768

thanks again to all the guys who helped on this and hopefully this works for others as well.

Steve - perhaps you could pass the info along to Markus - maybe this will help him discover and correct the bug in 6.12.

Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #42
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Has anyone tried it yet with JUST the resolution greater than 1024x768 (without disabling the other stuff)? I can't test mine right now (my computer's in the middle of a defrag that will probably last until the weekend ) - but I'm just wondering if maybe having greater than 1024x768 resolution fixes the problem all on its own. I really don't want to disable the Direct3D and the interface sound if I don't have to - and if resolution is the key, maybe that's all the fix is.

If no one posts back, I'll do some testing of my own when my computer frees up and see what happens. At least we're making progress on this. Many thanks to franco for discovering the missing "resolution" piece!

Last edited by hefalumps; 03-10-2005 at 11:49 PM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #43
franco74
Minors (Double A)

the direct 3d is disabled for ootp only - not for the whole computer- its in the game config.

what does the direct 3d actually do for the game anyway?

hefalumps

try it - but something tells me its a combo -
when using a higher resolution its like running it in windowed mode- it becomes much more stable

also be sure to reboot your system after you reset the resolution

for some reason it didn't take when I first did it

good luck...
franco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:35 AM   #44
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take back all my happy dancing banana's - as soon as I applied the above solution I was able to play 6 games in a row without crash - and now without changing one single thing - BOOM 4 crashes out of the last 6. It seems as though the changes reduced my crash rate from 90% to 50% better, but still obviously not a long term solution.

I give up, I will turn the sound off until a patch is released.

worst part is, having the sound back on reminded me how much it really added to the game.
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #45
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Giants44,

That is indeed unfortunate news.

Has anyone else tried it yet? I haven't had a chance to backup my league and try it... work's been busy. Franco - is it still working okay for you?
Old 03-15-2005, 03:13 AM   #46
questCorp
Bat Boy

The following fix has seemed to slow/solve my problems

run dxdiag

turn the hardware acceleration off for sound1 and sound2 if it is being used.

Furthermore I disabled direct3D.
questCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:19 AM   #47
franco74
Minors (Double A)

weird its been working for me about 15 games now

I'm at 1400 * 1050 resol.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #48
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

um...where is game config?

Well so far by just changing the resolution has totally solved my problem. But i still have interface sound turned off. I have not played that many games yet so i'm not totally certain. But for me, when i open up OOTP and play a game i always get a crash without fail. So far since the resolution change I have not. I have not changed direct 3D yet.

Last edited by Ragnar; 03-17-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #49
franco74
Minors (Double A)

go to your startup menu - ootp - game config -

disable direct 3d -
Old 03-18-2005, 12:34 AM   #50
franco74
Minors (Double A)

so after about 15 games I had my first crash today - but it recorded all the stats - hmmmm...

who knows

I'll probably just play without the sound - hopefully the patch will do it
Old 03-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #51
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
Why must this game crash after almost every single game just as the game finishes and is about to create the boxscore?

Brand new laptop, same thing happened on my old CPU too.

It sucks because OOTP6 records the game, can't replay it, but NONE of the stats count not even the win or loss. The only thing that is counted is Game/Game Started/Appearances etc things that happen just as the game starts.

I am running on XP Home Edition.

This is sooooooooooooo frustrating because I love this game but am so sick of having to go back to my saved file (yes, it happens enough that I have everything zipped after each and every game).

Please help. Thank you.

It is Micro Soft Service Pac 2 ...... it came out after the game and since I installed SP2 - I have had to turn the sound off.

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !
GeoWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #52
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoWar
It is Micro Soft Service Pac 2 ...... it came out after the game and since I installed SP2 - I have had to turn the sound off.
Well, it's not service pack 2 because I haven't installed that yet and my OOTP just started experiencing the "sound" crashing. It started happening after I installed DirectX 9.0c because another game I have needed it. Now OOTP is broke for sound. I think service pack 2 also includes DirectX 9.0c, which is why many people have thought SP2 was the culprit - but I'm pretty sure it's just the latest DirectX.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:13 AM   #53
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=franco74]the direct 3d is disabled for ootp only - not for the whole computer- its in the game config.

what does the direct 3d actually do for the game anyway?

Actually it does alot. I do not like the game without it so I chose to keep it. The worst I get now is a crash now and then but only after all game stats are recorded. Good enough for me. I guess the resolution was a big part of the problem.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:27 AM   #54
franco74
Minors (Double A)

hey ragner,

what does it do - I can't see a difference
Old 03-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #55
BigCity
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco74
hey ragner,

It makes the menus and schedule pages tranparent (assuming your graphics card can handle it) resulting in a more polished look to the game. In the schedule page, the opponent's logos show through on the background of each day.
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #56
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco74
hey ragner,

Basically what big city said and the logos show through on the lineups to the left. It is a big difference that I notice and I just can't adjust to no 3d. Also.......i warm up pitchers and with 3d turned off......there is no clear line that seperates the 2 pitchers in the warmup slot.......there are more things, i just don't remember them
Old 03-27-2005, 05:12 AM   #57
luisrha
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's a shame I haven't read this topic yet.

I played OOTP4 for first time two years ago, I liked it inmediatly but couldn't buy it because I had no credit card, so I just played demos for two years.

This tuesday, finally I got a credit card and my first buy was, obviously, OOTP6. Couldn't played until this saturday because of my job. Finally, I can play and decide to start a league with fantasy draft.

I pick Toronto and made my team (more than 3 hours). My first game is at Tampa Bay. My pitcher is Esteban Loaiza, they play with Josh Beckett.

In the first AB, Beckett gives BB to Suzuki, then got five innings without a hit or BB. He received the first hit in sixth inning, and gives another BB in 7th.

Loaiza throw ¡7.1 perfect innings!, then received a couple hits in 8th.

End 9th, the game is:

TOR 0-1-0
TB 0-2-0

Beckett and Loaiza couldn't pitch anymore. Here come the relievers: Luis Ayala (TOR) and Danny Graves (TB). 3 perfect innings more.

Top 13th, an error of Luis Castillo gives me chance for scoring two runs. Bottom 13th, Ayala strikes out first batter, then received a hit and then he gives a BB. Time for calling Mariano Rivera. He gets 2 K's, I won!

Click to continue...

¡CRASH!

No box score, no statistics, no game...

I'm gonna cry...
luisrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #58
dogrobber
Bat Boy

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. After 4 years of OOTP bliss I also have been bitten by the dreaded box score degenerate crash -- and unfortunately none of the work-arounds seem to help other than turning the sound off completely. Never really knew how much I enjoyed the sound until it was gone. Now I can actually here my wife voicing from the top of the stairs, "Don't stay up to late playing on the computer." This is a major bug issue for my enjoyment of the game. So I would just like to add my to support a fix for this issue.

OTOH I would like to thank Markus for making a great game that has held my interest for 4 years and just as importantly all those people who have made add-ons, rosters, and other mods to enhance everyone's enjoyment. Unfortunately it's time to go I can hear my wife ....
dogrobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #59
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

"Dogrobber," eh? And whose aide are you?

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #60
Road Runner
Bat Boy

Crash, etc.

I have the sound crash problem, too. Admittedly, the sound isn't an essential, but it is terrfic extra, and I miss it. I hope fixing the problem becomes a priority for Ootp 7. I enjoy the game. but I'm more than a little disappointed it wasn't fixed in Ootp 6, and probably won't consider buying 7 until I hear that the sound problem has been corrected.
Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote