Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Pivot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Saving a Game

It seems to me OOTP automatically saves whenever OOTP is closed, and restarts at the same point when the game is started again. Is there a way to manually save a game, and reload (i.e. go back to) it at a later time? Thanks
Pivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

There is not a way to do that in the game. You can do it manually in the saved_games folder by copying and renaming your league file.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 AM   #3
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

So it is a bit late and I am tired so I apologize if I've completely misunderstood the question here, but it seems to me like the answer is yes, absolutely you can manually save a game without closing out the program. And load a different game if you wish. And then come back to the game you saved which will pick up right where you left it. Etc, etc.

Just go to File>Save Game.

Or is that not what you are asking?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

crash the program in task manager. win10 calls it end task under details...if win7, you want the option called 'end process' under processes tab.

you don't want it to close normally.

i think if you try to load another save, it'll save as it closes previousleauge, but i could be wrong.... renaming the .lg folder in addition to doing the above would do the trick, though.,
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote