Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
ronnieh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Paramount Baseball League has openings

Paramount Baseball League was founded in 2010 and was originally a standard league. We have been running consecutively for almost a decade and have just finished the 2049 season. So we are effectively now a fictional league still using MLB logos and stadiums.

I took over for the original commissioner 5 seasons ago. This is my first post here as we are a strong league with very little turnover. If you are looking for a league where you can decide to launch into a 5 year rebuild and you want a guarantee the league will be around to see it through, this is the league for you.

We sim on a set schedule Mon/Wed/Thu/Sat at 9:00 EST like clockwork. Typically one week sims except when league events require otherwise.

Coaches are off. Scouting is on for IFA finds but set to 100% accuracy so we all see the same ratings. Potential and Current ratings are on.

We have a very active Forum and Slack channel. Reports and Stats+ are updated regularly.

DM me here or email rharris91@gmail.com for more information.
ronnieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Mac Mckenzie
Minors (Double A)

The PBL is simply the best online league in existence. We have a rich history with a Great Commissioner and Awesome GM's. I have personally been with them for over 2 real-time years - 10 online seasons.

If you are looking for Challenging and Reliable Online league then the PBL is the league for you!
Mac Mckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

Fantastic long-running league, with strong ability GMs who are very helpful to new league GMs.

What makes the league tick is a strong Commish who runs consistent sims with excellent communication. Get in while you can as openings do not come up very often. You will not be disappointed, I promise you!
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
Pick44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We’re the best kept secret in OOTP. Get in while you can.
Pick44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #5
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

I've been with the PBL for 16 seasons at this point and I can say that it's easily the best league I've been part of. High participation, low turnover and a great commissioner. Great camaraderie.

Heck, we even have a sort of running stat blog for the league with preseason projections and monthly playoff odds updates. That's only because we have an uber stat geek in the league but still.
sansterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #6
lh34
Bat Boy

I’ve been in this league for over 5 real life years now, which is 22 seasons. This is the only league I’m in, and the only league I ever want to be in. There is a great community of active GMs, and it is a true challenge to compete and win in the PBL

From the Rockies annual Albatross contract report, to bi-weekly playoff odds updates by the Brewers using a new and unique mathematical model, to a commissioner who never misses a sim, this league is truly the gold standard for online OOTP leagues
lh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
whlineup
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Interested

Would be interested in finding out more about this league......open teams, ratings, etc.
whlineup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #8
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

Ratings are 1-10, scouting is 100% accurate, 32 teams (8 divisions, 4 teams per), 6 playoff teams (2 byes). The first 10 or so rounds of the draft are done in statsplus, the rest by list.

The only free team right now is Oakland I believe. They've made the playoffs nine of the last eleven years. Six years ago they won 103 games, starting a five-year 100+ win streak, including two pennants and a 117-win season where their bats scored 1093 runs. But last year they suffered a surprising disappointment, falling all the way from 102 wins to 87 wins and missing the playoffs.

They have a strong core of superstars in their early 30s signed to team-friendly deals and a massive budget of $258 million (3rd in the league). But their farm system is depleted and lacking in long-term assets. The team is at a fork in the road; this team either needs a skilled GM to assemble a solid supporting cast around perhaps the best four-person core in the league, or a different kind of skilled GM to blow it up, getting maximum assets out of the in-house studs while they're still in their prime.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #9
whlineup
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had responded to this thread yesterday and emailed Ronnie yesterday saying I would take Oakland
whlineup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #10
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

If so then I expect that he'll respond shortly
Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #11
ETRAIN
Minors (Triple A)

I was in this league right at the beginning and can't vouch for it stronger.
ETRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote