Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #261
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,712
Thanks: 5,899
Thanked 41,661x in 6,491 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewallace6 View Post
I have been in the Entry league all week and I am just wondering at what time does the new season start tomorrow morning? I am very excited to get some real games that count going!
It'll start today, 10 AM ET
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #262
Maddox
All Star Reserve
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 858
Thanks: 65
Thanked 453x in 253 posts
I know that there were server issues but that brings up a question.

I open the game and the play option for perfect team is grayed out and it says that I cannot download the file. So there is no option for me to make last minute tweaks to my team before the season starts. By the time I get home from work we will be 16 games deep into the season already.

So the question is, will there be downtime every week before the new league starts? What is our window to make changes between the World Series ending and the new season starting?

If the playoff/series do not end until late Sunday evening, US time and the league file is unavailable due to the league swap when we wake up then it appears the window to make changes to the team between seasons is small. I have enough points I could have looked for a new starting pitcher this morning but I can't do that now.

Last edited by Maddox; 11-12-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #263
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,712
Thanks: 5,899
Thanked 41,661x in 6,491 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I know that there were server issues but that brings up a question.

I open the game and the play option for perfect team is grayed out and it says that I cannot download the file. So there is no option for me to make last minute tweaks to my team before the season starts. By the time I get home from work we will be 16 games deep into the season already.

So the question is, will there be downtime every week before the new league starts? What is our window to make changes between the World Series ending and the new season starting?

If the playoff/series do not end until late Sunday evening, US time and the league file is unavailable due to the league swap when we wake up then it appears the window to make changes to the team between seasons is small. I have enough points I could have looked for a new starting pitcher this morning but I can't do that now.
No, there will be no downtime usually, so you will be able to make changes all the time, your latest team submit will not get lost when the new leagues get created, it will be imported automatically.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:19 AM   #264
captainbuttercream
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 113
Thanks: 43
Thanked 40x in 29 posts
I've seen numerous threads asking for strictly F2P leagues, and I understand that is not going to happen. I agree with the reasoning but I've thought of something that might serve as a nice compromise and actually be a fun challenge.

Are there any plans for leagues with a maximum team cost, similar to some table top RPGs or RTS games? Say, a league where teams are limited to 1750 points that players can assign to the 25 player roster. Players could choose to build balanced teams full of 70s or sprinkle in all-stars by using some 50s to offset the cost.

This may have been covered somewhere else, so sorry if it's a duplicate question.
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #265
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,712
Thanks: 5,899
Thanked 41,661x in 6,491 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbuttercream View Post
I've seen numerous threads asking for strictly F2P leagues, and I understand that is not going to happen. I agree with the reasoning but I've thought of something that might serve as a nice compromise and actually be a fun challenge.

Are there any plans for leagues with a maximum team cost, similar to some table top RPGs or RTS games? Say, a league where teams are limited to 1750 points that players can assign to the 25 player roster. Players could choose to build balanced teams full of 70s or sprinkle in all-stars by using some 50s to offset the cost.

This may have been covered somewhere else, so sorry if it's a duplicate question.
Yes, a similar idea came up and was dismissed. We'll have no restirctions in the PT universe points-wise.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
captainbuttercream (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #266
angusblake1999
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
when can we expect to earn rewards in pt for challenge mode
angusblake1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #267
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,712
Thanks: 5,899
Thanked 41,661x in 6,491 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusblake1999 View Post
when can we expect to earn rewards in pt for challenge mode
This will still take a while. 2 weeks I guess.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #268
zrog2000
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 584
Thanked 888x in 528 posts
Is it just me or do home/road splits seem a little more extreme than what seems normal? Obviously my one team is a small sample size...

Last edited by zrog2000; 11-12-2018 at 02:05 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #269
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues
 
BoofBonser26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 351
Thanks: 2,427
Thanked 126x in 81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Is it just me or do home/road splits seem a little more extreme than what seems normal? Obviously my one team is a small sample size...
This is speculation, but I would imagine it's because plenty of owners have cranked certain ballpark factors to the allowed max, giving PT more Coors Field/Polo Grounds/Tiger Stadiums than you'd see in real baseball (which is fine), resulting in more pronounced home/road splits.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #270
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,503
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 4,061x in 2,299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I actually like that about the mode. This is a team building mode and at one sim a day you would only get a couple of seasons in before we were all buying the next version o f the game and starting again from scratch. The slower pace would give you almost no opportunities to earn enough Points to upgrade your team.


I work all day so I miss about 8 hours worth of sims while at work. Although there is part of me that wishes I could see how I was doing there is also another part of me that knows I would be making changes way more than I probably should
Note to Bruce: That last part, bolded. Remember it, will you? That's your downfall in OOTPB, I bet, and same principle would apply here.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #271
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,503
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 4,061x in 2,299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Seconded. Honestly, in the hour or two a day that I do have to sit down and play, I find myself wishing the sims were faster! And there's very little point in micromanaging between every single game anyway. Nevermind that if the sims were slowed down, we'd really start hearing the complaints about how hard PP were to earn.

But I think 30 minutes is a good balance. It's fast enough so that things do progress while I'm actively playing the game, yet slow enough that I don't miss an entire month while I'm at work.
Thirded (unless there have been other yea votes since). As I noted to myself above, a DAILY look at PT with its current sim schedule should be more than adequate. One should not be tinkering with one's rosters and lineups every game, every other game, or every series, even.

Besides, it gives me more of something to look forward to when I get home from work. Tonight, I had 12 games under my belt when I opened up PT. Enough for me to get a good idea of any moves I wanted to make at this time and for another 12 games. I'll look in again tomorrow night (if I don't peek periodically tonight but mitts off, Bruce! )
__________________

- Bru



Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-12-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #272
sharknut
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 119
Thanked 117x in 77 posts
n.m
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #273
jockerman
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Buying Perfect Points

Are we supposed to be able to purchase points? I am running the latest windows version purchased on OOTP website.
jockerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #274
Maddox
All Star Reserve
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 858
Thanks: 65
Thanked 453x in 253 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockerman View Post
Are we supposed to be able to purchase points? I am running the latest windows version purchased on OOTP website.
It's only available on the Steam version so far.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
jockerman (11-12-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #275
RoteLaterne
Minors (Triple A)
 
RoteLaterne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 242
Thanks: 87
Thanked 19x in 19 posts
I am playing the regular OOTP game in Challenge Mode, but didn't get any packs so far.


Any estimate when this happens?
RoteLaterne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #276
AdamD
Minors (Single A)
 
AdamD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 61
Thanks: 4
Thanked 19x in 15 posts
What is with this schedule



My only off days are on Sunday? This is in single A. Everyone Plays on Sunday. The only off days should be Monday and Thursday.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #277
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,597
Thanks: 19,357
Thanked 9,298x in 4,639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteLaterne View Post
I am playing the regular OOTP game in Challenge Mode, but didn't get any packs so far.


Any estimate when this happens?
It's not implemented yet. I think Markus mentioned probably within a couple weeks.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #278
Westheim
Hall Of Famer
 
Westheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,276
Thanks: 2,595
Thanked 5,376x in 3,027 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
What is with this schedule
The schedule starts each season on a certain date, not a certain day of the week, thus off days move through the week with every season.
__________________
Portland Raccoons, 58 years of excell-.... of baseball: Furballs here!
1983 * 1989 * 1991 * 1992 * 1993 * 1995 * 1996 * 2010 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 * 2026 * 2028
1 OSANAI
: 2 POWELL : 8 REECE : 10 BROWN : 15 HALL : 28 CASAS : 32 WEST : 39 TONER : 46 SAITO

Resident Mets Cynic



Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #279
AdamD
Minors (Single A)
 
AdamD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 61
Thanks: 4
Thanked 19x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The schedule starts each season on a certain date, not a certain day of the week, thus off days move through the week with every season.
Thats not how baseball works though. OOTP is a very well made indepth sim. I would expect the schedule in perfect team to reflect that.

Its a minor complaint, I know.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #280
Galeg
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 307
Thanks: 827
Thanked 112x in 77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Thats not how baseball works though. OOTP is a very well made indepth sim. I would expect the schedule in perfect team to reflect that.

Its a minor complaint, I know.

But then the leagues wouldn't all end on the same day. So it would just lose time for everyone in the end.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments