Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
slazer33
Minors (Single A)

Retired Numbers (Need info)

Did Markus ever tell us the criteria by which the computer auto-retires numbers? In a game starting in 2014 - now 2040 - the computer has retired several, including one for me, but only players that were MLB before 2014, like Jeter and Kershaw. I just had a pitcher who spent his whole career with me, made it to the hall 7 years after retiring, a bunch of world series - will the computer retire his number for me?

I prefer not doing it manually, because I like seeing who the computer will do it for. So what determines if the computer does it or not?
slazer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slazer33 View Post
Did Markus ever tell us the criteria by which the computer auto-retires numbers? In a game starting in 2014 - now 2040 - the computer has retired several, including one for me, but only players that were MLB before 2014, like Jeter and Kershaw. I just had a pitcher who spent his whole career with me, made it to the hall 7 years after retiring, a bunch of world series - will the computer retire his number for me?

I prefer not doing it manually, because I like seeing who the computer will do it for. So what determines if the computer does it or not?
As i said in another thread i have played 43 seasons in the ABF and no retired #'s the SA existed from 1882-1899 no retired #'s and the NL from 1876-1899 no retired #'s. Would love to hear from Markus.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I asked this question a while back too. I think the "mystery" crowd will just tell us that it's "part of the magic" but screw that. I want to know, because doing it manually is annoying. If it's just a 10-year trigger, then I'd like to know that too. (I used to think it was at least ten years with the same franchise) but surely there must be some statistical trigger to it, too.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
slazer33
Minors (Single A)

I thought Markus had said he was going to look it up and get back to us.

Jeter retired for me in 2014 and was auto-retired in 2016. I too just want to know because I'll wait if it'll happen anyway, or if it might, but yeah.
slazer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Good to know it happened after a few years and not immediately.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

While I'm not familiar with the MLB leagues, since I don't use them much, I can say with absolute confidence that it retires them upon that player's retirement in fictional leagues.

That said that most numbers retired are players pre-free agency so they all pretty much played on one team. Also all these players are HoF players. So my guess is that the criteria are the same as a player would need for the HoF with that team. Think of it as a mini-HoF for each team I suppose.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I started in OOTP13 and now in OOTP16 NO Team has any numbers retired in my league for some unknown reason. NOT sure if something needs to be turned on and I liked the idea of having names linked and having the game say what it wants to say about player. Tried linking didn't work. Started with season 2013 now in 2031
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote