Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
evanbarth
Major Leagues

Eligible for Playoff Roster

I'm actually still playing OOTP13 and had an issue come up with eligibility for playoff roster. I only have the 25 guys on my August 31st roster eligible for the postseason. Shouldn't anyone on my 40 man roster be eligible for the playoffs? I have examples of guys on my DL who were on the active roster not eligible for the playoff roster and a few guys I DFA's and not even on my 40 man listed under eligible.

Is there a way to manually fix this? I tried right clicking on the player and dragging to the eligible for playoff roster screen but no luck either way.

Appreciate any help!
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
MarkVIIIMarc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I get tripped up by this, especially since my league morphed to a 154 game schedule.

I ASSUME there is a thirty game or day setting someplace. If I have a player recovering from Tommy John who has not pitched all year I try to activate him as soon as possible even if he never plays just so he gets days.
MarkVIIIMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #3
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

On August 31, each team will send a list of names to Major League Baseball for postseason purposes.

The names will be players on the following lists:
MLB Active Roster (a.k.a. the 25-man roster)
Major League Disabled List (7-day, 15-day, 60-day)
Bereavement List
Suspended List

Any player on one of these lists is automatically eligible to be on a postseason roster, unless a player on the 60-day DL has been inactive for fewer than 60 days, or similarly with the 15-day DL.

Notice it does not include DFA and does not use the 40 man (secondary roster.)

Technically, the time is set as 11:59 PM, EST on August 31.

Players who are not on those lists at that time "might" still be able to be added if a flex spot opens up on the roster. Those players need to have been part of the organization as of 11:59 PM, EST on August 31.

If a disabled list player (who would have been eligible) is not able to play in a postseason round, his spot becomes a “flex spot.”

In addition, any player on the Aug. 31 (playoff) roster that gets injured before a playoff series, can be replaced for that series.

E.g., if a player gets hurt in the last series of the regular season, he can be replaced within the organization for the ALDS/NLDS, but is eligible to return for the ALCS/NLCS or World Series.

Also note that the rosters are locked and set before each series. You can't replace players on the roster that are injured until the next playoff series.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 08-02-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
evanbarth
Major Leagues

Thanks I get those rules but it doesn't seem like they were applied correctly in the game.
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote