Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #21
hfield007
All Star Starter

That's not like ole wolfie to be part of a thread derailing. He must be having an off day. To better days, sir wolf!
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #22
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
I'm an American and I'd buy OOTP if it came with a pistol......or if it didn't.

I'm not so sure about strict gun control, though......I don't think you should force people to have guns if they don't want them......

And you ain't no American that I want to know if the comments of some fer'ner can get your panties in a bunch.......
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #23
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Even though his post did not contain a smiley, I took rudel's comment as being mostly tongue-in-cheek, with perhaps a bit of satire behind it. In which case methinks you two are being a little oversensitive.
Sorry LGO, but I will not back down or regret calling him to account. We live in an age of increasing brutality and more sensitivity to gun violence may be just the thing we need.

But since I was the one who began the derailment, I will help put this thread back on track.

We are experiencing exciting times with OOTPB and OOTPD in general. I feel like I "grew up" gaming-wise here (I've actually been around since 2005; I lurked for a year and then I was somebody else - since abandoned for good reason - before I became Déjà Bru).

Heh, in the early years of my OOTPB fanhood, I used to hoard each version, half expecting as I did to come back some day and find that the web site had been shut down. Anybody else experience something like that? Of course you have.

So I would download and store not only the game (making sure I had the very "last" update), but also all the mods and - get this - I tried to PDF the online manual more than once. What a mess!

All in the expectation of OOTPD to go the way of so many other game software companies. Yet, here they are still, defying my worst fears.

And they are growing and prospering. I was surprised to see how many folks were in those pictures of their company get-together. This game and this company seem to be here to stay and I am very glad for them, and for me.

So, if they decide that 3D stadiums and a bit of animation will help them grow even more, opening up exciting opportunities to enhance OOTPB and other sports sims (Is any of this largesse filtering down to FHM and BTSF? Basketball?) then I say go for it, guys!

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-04-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #24
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
A foreigner takes a shot at America on the Fourth of July and you expect us to ignore it or think it was cute?

It was tactless.
Lots of Americans take shots at other countries 365 days of the year including National holidays. Americans often lead the world in tactlessness. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 07-04-2014 at 11:19 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #25
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Lots of Americans take shots at other countries 365 days of the year including National holidays. Americans often lead the world in tactlessness. If you can't take it don't dish it out.
Well, if we are going to be tactless, it only makes sense to be the best at it we can be.

But you say only 'often lead the world'......we need to step it up then and be more vigilant that other nations never surpass us.....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You know, Rich, I don't think that's right either. The whole point is for that one person, and all of us, NOT to be tacky (we are overusing "tactless") about an issue with very serious consequences. Especially as a non sequitur to the topic at hand. It's not right for an American, a Swiss, or a Canadian, period.

Now, one more plea to get the thread back on track, with NO apology for having derailed it. As a matter of fact, I didn't derail it. The guy from Switzerland did. But back to topic, please?

- Bru

Old 07-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #27
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You know, Rich, I don't think that's right either. The whole point is for that one person, and all of us, NOT to be tacky (we are overusing "tactless") about an issue with very serious consequences. Especially as a non sequitur to the topic at hand. It's not right for an American, a Swiss, or a Canadian, period.

Now, one more plea to get the thread back on track, with NO apology for having derailed it. As a matter of fact, I didn't derail it. The guy from Switzerland did. But back to topic, please?

Yeah yeah I know. I worked in your country for 25+ years and put up with blinding ignorance and tactlessness on a daily basis. I couldn't let such oversensitive BS go unchallenged. If Americans want respect then they should show it to others. I'm not defending Rudel but don't claim some higher ground.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Yeah yeah I know. I worked in your country for 25+ years and put up with blinding ignorance and tactlessness on a daily basis. I couldn't let such oversensitive BS go unchallenged. If Americans want respect then they should show it to others. I'm not defending Rudel but don't claim some higher ground.
So it's okay to insult America but nobody else, eh?

Well, forget you.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #29
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post

Bru and I have been politely using "tactless" instead of "bigoted."
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #30
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Considering where this thread has gone. I apologize for what I wrote.
I meant it as satire but I wish I had never written it at all.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #31
BPS
All Star Reserve

I thought Rudel's comment was funny...even if he retracts it.

But a better idea: get all of the OOTP employees to grow long, scraggly beards and then they could become part of a reality show, "OOTP Dynasty." I'm sure it would be a hit.
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #32
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Considering where this thread has gone. I apologize for what I wrote.
I meant it as satire but I wish I had never written it at all.
Accepted. I wish you would never written it as well.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #33
sflcat61
Minors (Double A)

Hopefully the American government will follow the fine example of Nazi Germany and confiscate every private citizen's weapons. That ended well, didn't it?
sflcat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #34
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Sooo.... about the numbers?.. Can someone from OOTP team give us at least a % of increase over the years? That would be a good start!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:01 AM   #35
GosoxJ
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Yes, sales are up, so OOTP is definitely reaching more people. Sales were already on the rise before we got the game onto Steam, but that has obviously helped increase them even more.
I had played much earlier version of OOTP and Baseball Mogul years ago, but lost track of them. It wasn't until OOTP14 arrived on Steam that I became aware that the series had continued. I recently picked up OOTP15 on Steam, so at least in my personal experience Steam has been a driver of awareness and sales.
GosoxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #36
wuttang
Minors (Double A)

Well, a new user here. Was curious but was intimidated for years.
OOTP 15 is the first type of sports sim game I've tried, and boy is it addicting.
I was a sports game fan in general, especially baseball, but I would spend more time in the Franchise mode micro managing than actually playing the "game".
Personally, if The Show + OOTP put out a game together, that'd be my dream game^^
Though I'd still be spending 80% of my time in GM mode lol
Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #37
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuttang View Post
OOTP 15 is the first type of sports sim game I've tried, and boy is it addicting.
I was a sports game fan in general, especially baseball, but I would spend more time in the Franchise mode micro managing than actually playing the "game".
Personally, if The Show + OOTP put out a game together, that'd be my dream game^^

I share the same story my friend!

(There are more of us out there)
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #38
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

According to posts by the game developers only about 1% of MLB The Show users choose to manage.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #39
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Is OOTP's Popularity Increasing?

Quote:
According to posts by the game developers only about 1% of MLB The Show users choose to manage.

What are they basing that on though? Online information from tracking the most used modes in the game when connected online?

I rarely even played the manager mode in the Show even dating back to MVP05 when they had the mode. It has always been a regular franchise mode but instead of manually playing out my games I would sit back and watch the AI handle the on field stuff while I dealt with the rosters.

I know more people throughout different forums I've joined who play the same way as I did or just simply handled the rosters and sim ahead than I do guys who actually played the manager modes which were always flawed..the stat also don't account for players who play the game normally but still enjoy the heck out of managing a roster.

Regardless of that stat 1% of a top selling sports game is a lot of people and I'm sure OOTP would love to have them apart of the community.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-05-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: edit
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #40
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Boyer View Post
Sooo.... about the numbers?.. Can someone from OOTP team give us at least a % of increase over the years? That would be a good start!
Yes! A while back, they let slip some numbers that were interesting. I wonder why they are reluctant to share them. Affects upon licenses? Fear of competitive manipulation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuttang View Post
Quote:
wuttang, Wolf, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. wuttang, you propose an uneasy marriage in which the focus may be lost in either or both partners. Wolf, that stat, if reliable, shows that we are dealing with two different types of clientele. People with the consoles are not, for the most part, interested in managing. People with the mice and keyboards, for the most part, find the animation to be boring after a while. That's certainly true in my case.

Agree?

- Bru