Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
wspahn21
Major Leagues

I think I just want my money back..

[Edit by moderator: Issue fixed in upcoming patch, fix applies to existing leagues as well. So no need to wait.]

I can't even play the game.

The bugs are so frustrating that I can't even start a league because I know the history reports will be incorrect. The main one is the Awards bug where it thinks that coming in 3rd in voting is a win in the league history.

There is no way to fix your league history so you can't even start a league without having to look at this glaring inaccuracy. ugh!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 05-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.
wspahn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspahn21 View Post
I can't even play the game.

The bugs are so frustrating that I can't even start a league because I know the history reports will be incorrect. The main one is the Awards bug where it thinks that coming in 3rd in voting is a win in the league history.

There is no way to fix your league history so you can't even start a league without having to look at this glaring inaccuracy. ugh!
patch it. fixes the problem. but only going forward.
Thundercrack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
patch it. fixes the problem. but only going forward.
Yeah, it was in the bug thread before the last patch so I thought it would be included but it wasn't, no idea how long before the next patch comes out which is one reason why I am so frustrated.

I know I am just being whining and it isn't a major deal but it bothers me.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I think the fix was part of the patch that came out last Friday. But, like Thundercrack said, it only fixes the problem going forward.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I think the fix was part of the patch that came out last Friday. But, like Thundercrack said, it only fixes the problem going forward.
No the bug is still there. I tested as soon as the patch came out.

I wish I wasn't so OCD about my leagues but dang it really bothers me.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspahn21 View Post
No the bug is still there. I tested as soon as the patch came out.

I wish I wasn't so OCD about my leagues but dang it really bothers me.
Ugh. I thought it was fixed. I think all of us have things that bug us. Probably seem little to others, but once they get stuck in your head, they fester. I think this will get fixed in the long run, so if you can stick it out, I bet you end up loving the game.

Last edited by David Watts; 05-14-2014 at 11:12 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Darn it, I thought that bug had been fixed.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
majesty95
All Star Starter

So, to clarify, you started a new league with the patch installed and the same issue is happening?
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
So, to clarify, you started a new league with the patch installed and the same issue is happening?
Yes, and I reposted in the bug thread. If anyone else would like to verify independent of myself and I would love to be wrong on this one and just uninstall and reinstall or whatever I have to do to get my game right.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
hfield007
All Star Starter

This is why the old adage stands... always wait for patch 3 before starting anything you plan on doing long term with this game.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
This is why the old adage stands... always wait for patch 3 before starting anything you plan on doing long term with this game.
Well to each their own I guess. As for me I've been playing the same game since v4 in 2002 and have imported my game into each new version upon release. Other than the total rewrite of OOTP in 2006 I've never had any problems. 2006 didn't surprise me with it being a total rewrite of the code so I simply kept a backup of my v6.5 game just in case. Their was a problem (as I recall all imported CF from a v6.5 game weren't assigned any position) that did cause me to import my 6.5 league again and with the patch being so quick I only lost the first 10 games of the season.

12 years of real time and in my 26th season (yeah I play 'em all out so avg a little over 2 seasons per version) and I have not run into any issues using a release version of OOTP yet (other than the 2006 rewrite) that would make me have to either trash my game or go back and restart.

Yeah we all have different tolerances of what we will accept and as wspahn21 says he wishes he wasn't so ocd so of course we're going to have a different experience and that's ok. But honestly there is nothing in my 12 year long term game that gives me any second thoughts. Other's mileage may vary
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #12
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Well to each their own I guess. As for me I've been playing the same game since v4 in 2002 and have imported my game into each new version upon release. Other than the total rewrite of OOTP in 2006 I've never had any problems. 2006 didn't surprise me with it being a total rewrite of the code so I simply kept a backup of my v6.5 game just in case. Their was a problem (as I recall all imported CF from a v6.5 game weren't assigned any position) that did cause me to import my 6.5 league again and with the patch being so quick I only lost the first 10 games of the season.

12 years of real time and in my 26th season (yeah I play 'em all out so avg a little over 2 seasons per version) and I have not run into any issues using a release version of OOTP yet (other than the 2006 rewrite) that would make me have to either trash my game or go back and restart.

Yeah we all have different tolerances of what we will accept and as wspahn21 says he wishes he wasn't so ocd so of course we're going to have a different experience and that's ok. But honestly there is nothing in my 12 year long term game that gives me any second thoughts. Other's mileage may vary
Longest I went was ootp 10-14 with the same league but I finally started a new one in 14 to take advantage of different things available to make the league I always dreamed of. But even in that case I always waited for 3rd patch to move my game over haha
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

All I can tell you is that I started a new league after the first patch and have simmed through 31 seasons. Every award winner is listed correctly so far.
Thundercrack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #14
endgame
Hall Of Famer

spahn, I know you reported the bug etc.., but will you post a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing as an example of the error please?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #15
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Hmm.. This problem isn't happening for me at all? Although I would like to note that the 2013 MVPs are blank along with the 2012 MVPs and Cy Youngs.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #16
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
spahn, I know you reported the bug etc.., but will you post a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing as an example of the error please?

This league is brand new and see how Al Spalding is showing 2 pitcher of the year awards but he didn't win it the first year of the league, that first year he came in 2nd

Last edited by wspahn21; 05-16-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #17
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

For slow learners like myself, where exactly is the problem in this screenshot?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #18
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
For slow learners like myself, where exactly is the problem in this screenshot?
Al Spalding has a (2) next to his name, that denotes he has won the award twice. That isn't possible as it is the 2nd year of the league and you can see the first year he didn't win. He came in 2nd the first year but the game gave him that (2) because it isn't differentiating between runner-up and award winner.

It is frustrating as all hell. I can't start a league cause of this bug.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #19
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

OK. Now I see it. I'll reopen the bug report.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #20
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Ok another if these threads. if you want your money back then ask the right people stop coming I here and cry for everyone to see

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote