Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #61
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRaider2001 View Post
I agree with you. Do you use the force start at position option under strategy? This helps to make sure that the AI manager keeps your players in the position that you got them on the team to play. It is really the only thing I will override the AI manager on when I play.
Yes, but usually don't need to at the ML level. If I see a SS that I know will eventually be a 3B, I will use the force start in the minors, and by the time he is up he's better at the desired position. I also deliberately draft/cultivate utility men.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #62
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
IMHO the buyout should be at least 10% of the entire contract (house rule). 0 is unacceptable
Ya I started to give those out some times, will keep in mind might even lower what he wants.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #63
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
Yes, but usually don't need to at the ML level. If I see a SS that I know will eventually be a 3B, I will use the force start in the minors, and by the time he is up he's better at the desired position. I also deliberately draft/cultivate utility men.
My back up catcher is golden with the arm and is the best fielder at C but can play 2b ss LF CF RF and has the fielder ratings to back it up but needs experience so for half a season in the minors i force start him at outfield so when he is in the majors i have that extra good fielder off the bench.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #64
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Rocks View Post
My back up catcher is golden with the arm and is the best fielder at C but can play 2b ss LF CF RF and has the fielder ratings to back it up but needs experience so for half a season in the minors i force start him at outfield so when he is in the majors i have that extra good fielder off the bench.
So your catcher is Craig Biggio?
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #65
DC4MVP
Minors (Single A)

My 2015 Minnesota Twins are 54-38 on July 20 after going 68-94 in 2014. I'm pretty happy with that. I bolstered my pitching and added Chris Sale. Had to give up David Price (Tampa can't resign him) who I got for the 2nd best hitting prospect in baseball but Price wasn't going to resign with me either so I had to package him and a mid-level prospect and a vet for Sale.

Sano and Buxton are going great. While Sano is still hitting .240 in his rookie year, he leads the team in HR (17) and is 2nd with 58 RBI. Literally all the Twins' young players are panning out. Alex Meyer's ERA is a bit high but hopefully he'll come around as well. Buxton is oft injured which is REALLY starting to scare me. He's been on the 15-day DL three times already this year.

Last edited by DC4MVP; 04-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
DC4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #66
majesty95
All Star Starter

Buxton was hurt a lot for me too. I wonder if that is a product of his injury rating in the game..
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote