Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #101
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Your call. I've had weird incompatibility problems with other games before - including one with an OpenGL problem - and have taken the time to find a fix because I wanted to play the game. But there's no reason you have to, and I am sorry that I even suggested it.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #102
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

A quick update. Thank you HP. Preliminarily, it appears that disabling the Steam overlay solves the SHIFT problem while typing.

On my laptop, I'll probably just leave it disabled.

THANK YOU!

It was a miserable experience previously. Now I can setup a league again! Woo hoo!

Wolf, IF I have time, I may look into OpenGL issues on my gaming box, but I'm not sure I want to open that can of worms, given my lack of experience in the matter and the fact that all my drivers are up-to-date and running everything else I throw at it.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #103
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Your call. I've had weird incompatibility problems with other games before - including one with an OpenGL problem - and have taken the time to find a fix because I wanted to play the game. But there's no reason you have to, and I am sorry that I even suggested it.
Don't be. I'm just defensive and irritated at the situation.

I've been here before with other developers, and in fact was earlier this week with Dragon Age: Inquisition.

There is a lot of blame the consumer in this business, which is odd. And although I'll almost never ask for anything for free, I do believe in return policies (which Dragon Age actually has, OOTP does not - that I'm aware of). ra7c7er is not too far off in suggesting that either a commitment to fix the problem, or a commitment to DRM-free copies would make the situation right and go a long way in lessening a perceived slight.

I want Markus and Andreas to make it right. That's both on a personal selfish level, but also so as not to alienate new users that might drop what is an otherwise genius game.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 11-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #104
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I am glad that it works for you. Good luck.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #105
BradC
All Star Starter

We do have a return policy: It's 2 weeks from the date of purchase, and we've been willing to make exceptions in certain cases. AFAIK, though, Steam doesn't offer refunds, so we have to go with their policy.

However, we always want to make things right with our customers, so if you're still unsatisfied, PM me and I will do whatever I can to make you happy.

We always want our customers to be happy, and we never resort to a "blame the consumer" mentality, although sometimes we do run into situations where the issue is on their side. Even then, though, we do what we can to make it right: This week I looked up a customer's order in our system so his refund could be processed, since he didn't seem to understand what I was talking about when I asked him to send his order details to us. It was easier to do that than keep going back and forth trying to explain what I needed him to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post
There is a lot of blame the consumer in this business, which is odd. And although I'll almost never ask for anything for free, I do believe in return policies (which Dragon Age actually has, OOTP does not - that I'm aware of). ra7c7er is not too far off in suggesting that either a commitment to fix the problem, or a commitment to DRM-free copies would make the situation right and go a long way in lessening a perceived slight.

I want Markus and Andreas to make it right. That's both on a personal selfish level, but also so as not to alienate new users that might drop what is an otherwise genius game.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #106
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
We do have a return policy: It's 2 weeks from the date of purchase, and we've been willing to make exceptions in certain cases. AFAIK, though, Steam doesn't offer refunds, so we have to go with their policy.

However, we always want to make things right with our customers, so if you're still unsatisfied, PM me and I will do whatever I can to make you happy.

We always want our customers to be happy, and we never resort to a "blame the consumer" mentality, although sometimes we do run into situations where the issue is on their side. Even then, though, we do what we can to make it right: This week I looked up a customer's order in our system so his refund could be processed, since he didn't seem to understand what I was talking about when I asked him to send his order details to us. It was easier to do that than keep going back and forth trying to explain what I needed him to do.
Brad, you're doing a great job. We've been back and forth a bit via the Steam forums as well. I'm content for the moment. In the end, I've got a reasonable workaround. I went to use the Steam overlay this morning for another game and had it turned off, so there's some minor inconvenience, but no big deal.

Really, the community solved the problem for you guys, and that's because it's a great community. Arguably the best I've ever been a part of online.

I'm still mildly irritated with the situation, but I've been playing this game far too long to stay away.

I do appreciate the additional communication both here and there, and I hope that even if it isn't fixed for 2015, it will be for next year's version. If not, I hope there'll be a disclaimer so we can purchase directly first.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #107
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

If you right-click on OOTP 15 in the left-hand column of your Library screen on steam, you can then click on Properties and turn the Steam overlay off for just OOTP 15. That should solve most of your problem.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #108
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
If you right-click on OOTP 15 in the left-hand column of your Library screen on steam, you can then click on Properties and turn the Steam overlay off for just OOTP 15. That should solve most of your problem.
Thank you, Wolf!

Really appreciate that.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #109
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post
Thank you, Wolf!

Really appreciate that.
You are quite welcome. I had some time, and I always believe that there's a solution to every problem if you just look hard enough.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #110
BradC
All Star Starter

Much appreciated, Wolf.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:17 AM   #111
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Much appreciated, Wolf.
You're welcome, Brad.