Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #81
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Is the window size locked in? It wont let me change it.
Set your taskbar to auto-hide, that will fix the issue. OOTP 15 needs at least 700 pixels for the game window, if the OS does not provide this (i.e. because of a fixed taskbar and a small screen resolution) it will switch to full-screen automatically.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #82
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Question.

There is an option to enable suspensions which also has a drop down box which the user can select from none to high.

Below that option is suspension frequency which also has a drop down box which the options are very low to very high.

My question is what is the difference between these two options?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #83
ovccsteve
All Star Reserve

Looks great. One problem I'm having is with signing personnel. They are taking a long time, saying that they prefer my offer, then I get a message saying they've signed with another team. No chance to counter.
ovccsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #84
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Set your taskbar to auto-hide, that will fix the issue. OOTP 15 needs at least 700 pixels for the game window, if the OS does not provide this (i.e. because of a fixed taskbar and a small screen resolution) it will switch to full-screen automatically.
Much appreciated although it did take you 20 minutes to reply Serious though how many game developers reply so quick, always said customer service with OOTP is second to none.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #85
pete3
Minors (Single A)

I just loaded the game and it does seem laggy to me compared to 14. Is this because I just imported my old league over and it's taking time to load things up? For instance, when I click on my lineup icon, the lineups do appear, but it seems to take about 5 seconds for thier positions to appear. Same thing when I click on the pitching rotation; I'm having to wait a few seconds for the bullpen roles to show up.

EDIT: Another example. I'm moving the mouse over areas to click and click immediately but nothing happens. It takes a little while for the game or computer to recognize my mouse is over the icon before I can click it.

Last edited by pete3; 04-18-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Adding example of lag
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #86
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

I've been playing OOTP since v.3.0 and I have to say that this year's broadcast screen is by far the most aesthetically-pleasing one yet.

* Love the new fonts -- easy on the eyes and easy to quickly read the content
* the new widescreen setup allows for a lot more information on screen
* nice clean pitch sequence graphics
* the scoreboard section immediately registers to my mind (maybe because of the color combo?) as a ballpark scoreboard

Once the 3D is ready for primetime, this is going to be amazing.
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #87
xnickx5757
Minors (Single A)

am I correct in thinking that the "compare ratings to league" compares to all players in the league, undivided?

It would be kind of cool (and a little more useful IMO) if it could be separated by position - that way I would know, for example, that my SS was above average at hitting homeruns (compared to other SS) than just having him being below average (since he is compared to 1B and the other slugger positions)
xnickx5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #88
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I gotta say, I love it. The look of it is smooth and slick. I love the fact that you can resize the screen now without going through settings, and the pitch tracker ingame is REALLY COOL.

I am just a game into the season, so I do not want to score it yet, but if you want to follow along on my first game go check out my Chicago Cubs Dynasty in the Dynasties forum!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #89
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Tip of the hat to Daniela, I'll be honest wasn't sure at first start up but changed my mind the more I go into the game.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
I just loaded the game and it does seem laggy to me compared to 14. Is this because I just imported my old league over and it's taking time to load things up? For instance, when I click on my lineup icon, the lineups do appear, but it seems to take about 5 seconds for thier positions to appear. Same thing when I click on the pitching rotation; I'm having to wait a few seconds for the bullpen roles to show up.

EDIT: Another example. I'm moving the mouse over areas to click and click immediately but nothing happens. It takes a little while for the game or computer to recognize my mouse is over the icon before I can click it.
Is this on a Mac? Some old Macs have very old graphics cards which seem to have a problem with OOTP. We're still working on that.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #91
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Looks great so far! Gotta love the work you guys put into it every year. Anxiously awaiting the updated AIO mod now before really sinking my teeth into it.

Since I work Wednesday-Saturday at an Amazon warehouse, and Sunday is Easter, I thought I'd have to wait until Monday to download OOTP 15 (no home internet, other than my phone). But lo and behold, they were ahead of schedule at work, and let several people go home right after lunch today! AN OOTP-MAS MIRACLE!! *cue Hallelujah Chorus*
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #92
Lafayette53
Major Leagues

How does the league reputation/contract purchasing for independent leagues work?
Lafayette53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #93
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The game is so overwhelming I don't know where too start.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #94
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Just getting going now. Decided to ease into it by starting in the Nippon Ni Gun League as the Hanshin Ni Gun Tigers just to get a feel of things. I bought the last two versions but haven't had the time to play them as much as previous versions, so this is my first pre-order for a couple of years and the excitement is back to get into it. I started way back with Season Ticket Baseball that I picked up whilst on holiday in the US.

Love the look of it so far and everything's looking great, although I was a little confused to find no ratings showing for my players. I re ran OSA scouting and now they are showing but I if I switch to head scout view they show zero. Is this because I am managing a farm team?

Just begun my opening game, clicked for the 3d and after that all loaded up my pitcher sent down the first pitch and wow! I absolutely love the 3d ball flight! If this is just the tip of the iceberg and as you've stated not fully working properly yet I can't wait to see the progression over the next couple of years. For me, the already brilliant in game immersion is going to increase immensely.

Congratulations guys on another edition of what has become an incredible game that somehow gets better every year.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #95
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I'd be delighted to post my first impressions if I'd ever get the link for the download!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #96
JackRules1
Minors (Triple A)

Downloaded fine and waiting for my dynasty to load. Just missed the playoffs and was actually happy about it, so I could start January 1st with OOTP15.
JackRules1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #97
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I love the new look, though it'll take some getting used to. Haven't even gotten to a game yet. One thing I noticed is that I just simmed a day and the top 100 prospects list was released. However, it only has the top 100 pitching prospects, not the top 100 hitting prospects, and the top 100 pitching prospects are all MR or CL with not a SP among them. Also, the #1 prospect in the league is a MR who projects as an average reliever.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #98
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
I love the new look, though it'll take some getting used to. Haven't even gotten to a game yet. One thing I noticed is that I just simmed a day and the top 100 prospects list was released. However, it only has the top 100 pitching prospects, not the top 100 hitting prospects, and the top 100 pitching prospects are all MR or CL with not a SP among them. Also, the #1 prospect in the league is a MR who projects as an average reliever.
That is certainly a bug. We'll look into it...
Old 04-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #99
gotribe45
Bat Boy

Can't make this stuff up...my stint as head of the Astros starts by getting no-hit by CC Sabathia in a 12-0 clobbering on Opening Day.

We did win Game 2 10-6, though.

Anyway, looks great as expected. Can't wait until 3D is improved.

One quick thing: OSA has yet to scout, so the Top Prospects list is almost all random relievers. Will OSA ratings appear in the middle of April (in my game)?

Edit: I see the problem is solved above. Thanks.
gotribe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #100
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnickx5757 View Post
am I correct in thinking that the "compare ratings to league" compares to all players in the league, undivided?

It would be kind of cool (and a little more useful IMO) if it could be separated by position - that way I would know, for example, that my SS was above average at hitting homeruns (compared to other SS) than just having him being below average (since he is compared to 1B and the other slugger positions)
Yes, you're right about how it works, though for pitchers, relievers are compared to relievers only, because their Stuff ratings are generally much higher than those of SPs - if it didn't work that way, you'd almost never see a starter with a Stuff rating higher than 60 on the 20-80 scale.

When we were discussing the new ratings scale, I considered the value of a system that compares players by position, but I think you'd find it would be of very limited appeal. The problem is, if you compare, say, catchers only with each other, and you see a catcher with an '80' Power rating, you wouldn't know what that meant. Sure, you'd know the guy was the best power hitting catcher in your league, but if your league is full of slap-hitting catchers, the guy might only hit 15 HR a season, and if your catchers are fairly powerful, he might hit 45 HR a season. Or at 1B, you could have guys with '25' Power who are actually 20 HR hitters each year, if your 1B pool is full of sluggers. So I think a system that compared players only by position would end up being pretty disorienting for most people, whereas if the system compares all batters, then you know a guy with '80' Power is the best power hitter in your league (unless your league is enormous - then he might be second or third). And the advantage of the new system is that you don't need to look around your league, trying to get a general impression of what constitutes an average rating, to know how far above or below average each player is in each rating area; '50' is automatically average, and 10 point increments correspond to a standard deviation.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote