Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #41
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Are Grand Slams now tracked as a statistic, or as an individual accomplishment? I ask because I'd love to see single-season and career Grand Slam records tracked, but even seeing them as an accomplishment would be an improvement from the status quo.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #42
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
Are Grand Slams now tracked as a statistic, or as an individual accomplishment? I ask because I'd love to see single-season and career Grand Slam records tracked, but even seeing them as an accomplishment would be an improvement from the status quo.
They are tracked as accomplishments in the player history screen.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #43
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What about the lost art of Pinch-Hitting(stats)?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #44
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

This is awesome. One small request if you have a chance, could we get games played at DH in the fielding stats?
Marinersfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #45
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
What about the lost art of Pinch-Hitting(stats)?
I don't understand the question. I see pinch hitting stats in all my OOTP leagues.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #46
wildcat000
Minors (Double A)

In your esteemed opinion, does the added options of league reputations and contract purchase numbers make the independent league model like it's real world counterpart? I've always left out the Indy Leagues in the past just because they behaved like somewhat "Major" leagues with smaller salaries, and you would have to wait for a contract to expire for an affiliated team to sign a guy.

Either way, great new features!
wildcat000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #47
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
I don't understand the question. I see pinch hitting stats in all my OOTP leagues.

Where are they located(player and team)?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #48
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinersfan51 View Post
This is awesome. One small request if you have a chance, could we get games played at DH in the fielding stats?
Can we also have DH option on the stats and leaders page, you can select the current seasons batting stats for every position including pitcher but not for DH.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #49
Tekneek
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey folks,

Feeder Leagues & Draft
- Added option to add full default feeder league system to a league, which calculates the number of feeder leagues / teams needed to function properly
- Added new option to define when players in feeder leagues are draft-eligible (relative to maximum age)
- Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues
- Recoded the AI which handles bonus / contract demands of drafted players

League Options & Settings
- Added customizable spring training length (1-6 weeks)
- Added the option to set a roster size for Spring Training. Together with the option to sign players to minor league contracts which include a major league option, this results in the possibility to invite free agents to Spring Training.
- Added the option to allow teams to 'post' players who are not yet FA-eligible for foreign leagues, including an editable maximum posting fee
- Added the option to assign a repuation level to a league, which is used in player contract AI
- Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues
- Added the option to limit contract length and prohibit contract extensions
- Added a setting that prevents leagues with a disabled amateur draft to auto-generate fictional free agents
- Added the option to set a fee for which teams from other leagues may purchase contracts of players. This is useful if you have independent leagues in your game.

AI-related Features
- Improved player evaluation AI (defense has more value)
- Recoded the minor league roster AI to prevent unrealistic amounts of roster moves in the minor leagues
- Recoded the AI which determines player releases
These are good additions to the game. I think I will wait to see how well these features work, but if they work properly then that will get me to buy in.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #50
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Where are they located(player and team)?
On the player reports, go to Batting Stats and then Batting Splits. Scan done until you see As Starter, below that will be As Reliever / Substitution, and then below that is Pinch Hitting.

On each team, select Reports. The default is Basic Batting Stats Report - Split: Overall.

Go to the drop down next to Select Split: and choose Pinch Hitting.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #51
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
On the player reports, go to Batting Stats and then Batting Splits. Scan done until you see As Starter, below that will be As Reliever / Substitution, and then below that is Pinch Hitting.

On each team, select Reports. The default is Basic Batting Stats Report - Split: Overall.

Go to the drop down next to Select Split: and choose Pinch Hitting.
Thanks. Didn't know that. It's too bad it's not easily available.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #52
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
- Added new stats: WPA (win probability added), BB%, SO%, IR, IRS, IRS% (inherited runners)
What about batters babip?

Also, great feature list guys. Can't wait!
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #53
dward1
All Star Reserve

this is a brilliant list. I love the league reputation and contract buyout additions, those along with the 3D beginning have convinced me to preorder without waiting for reviews.
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #54
dward1
All Star Reserve

I assume the new features can be applied to saves we transfer over from OOTP 14?
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #55
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Very solid list. Definite Day 1 purchase.

HPawn Top 10 Most Important

1. Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues

2. Recoded the minor league roster AI to prevent unrealistic amounts of roster moves in the minor leagues

3. Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues

4. Added the option to set a roster size for Spring Training. Together with the option to sign players to minor league contracts which include a major league option, this results in the possibility to invite free agents to Spring Training.

5. Improved in-game AI

6. Recoded the AI which determines player releases

7. Added editable accomplishment and milestone limits

8. Replaced the scouting dropdown menu with a button which allows the user to toggle between the head scout and OSA ratings easily

9. Player history tracks 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes in major awards

10. Added the possibility to offer a job to a coach without having to fire the one who currently occupies the position

This is the official list. If you have one of your own please pm it to me so that I can delete it without reading it. Thank you for your compliance.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #56
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadluckinOOTP View Post
I've become spoiled by QuestDog's name file, however, for whatever reason it does not work well with the MLB quickstart league that comes pre-loaded with the game. Which, is mainly what I enjoy using. However, I have a hard time reverting to the namefile that comes loaded with the game as it, honestly, pales in comparison.

Is there a possibility to either change the way the game loads quick start name files or just implement Quest Dog's name file into the game itself from launch? (I realize you would have to receive permission from QD, himself.) It really does add an entirely new dimension with the game, having a more realistic name set.
I will repost this request from BadluckinOOTP here, as I think this is an ingenious idea that deserves serious consideration from the OOTP staff.

Last edited by ChiefWahoo; 03-12-2014 at 04:23 PM.
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #57
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Very solid list. Definite Day 1 purchase.

HPawn Top 10 Most Important

1. Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues

2. Recoded the minor league roster AI to prevent unrealistic amounts of roster moves in the minor leagues

3. Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues

4. Added the option to set a roster size for Spring Training. Together with the option to sign players to minor league contracts which include a major league option, this results in the possibility to invite free agents to Spring Training.

5. Improved in-game AI

6. Recoded the AI which determines player releases

7. Added editable accomplishment and milestone limits

8. Replaced the scouting dropdown menu with a button which allows the user to toggle between the head scout and OSA ratings easily

9. Player history tracks 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes in major awards

10. Added the possibility to offer a job to a coach without having to fire the one who currently occupies the position

This is the official list. If you have one of your own please pm it to me so that I can delete it without reading it. Thank you for your compliance.

what happened to "seeing the bottom of the Jersey"?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #58
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

This list was taken from what was added. All excellent stuff. I love the incremental improvements each year.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #59
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Will this version come with a list of things we can tell the wife when she asks why we like to sit in front of the computer all weekend?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #60
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

My ex-wife said that I live in an abstract imaginary fantasy world and that I was good-for-nothing. Hrmph...Little did she know that I led my team to 8 straight playoff appearances.

Women...