Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #21
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Well, Korea's a bit lower than Japan. I have Korea at AA level, shaded slightly toward AAA. Whereas Japan is at AAAA level.

As for Australia, yeah, you're certainly right on that. There are a lot of guys who play in AAA or AA in affiliated ball who also play in Australia in winter, so I think an overall assessment of A level is certainly not too high and may even be a bit low.
When I was doing my own template, or modding the WOB template, I always had the foreign leagues at these levels:

*** - 4A (.9 modifiers I think)
KBO - AAA
Mexico - AAA
CPBL - between AA and AAA
ABL - could argue this is A-Ball level talent with a LOT of A ball and rookie talents on development deals every winter
SNB - Hard to gather info on Cuba without knowing if it's level is to AA or AAA
IBL - Low A
HH - Low A

Independent Leagues:

Atlantic - Hybrid AA/AAA
AA - Hybrid A/AA
Can-Am - Hybrid A/AA
Freedom Pro - Low A
Pacific Pro - Low A
Pecos - High A
ULB - Low A

Winter Leagues:

Dominicana - AAAA
Venezuela - AAA
Puerto Rico - AAA
Mexican Winter - AAA
The Latin American Leagues - Hybrid A/AA
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #22
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

I'm a little confused as to what 15 is adding that isn't already in 14? I understand real rosters will be included (which is awesome) as well as some new international leagues like Oz and Italy (again, awesome).

I guess I don't see how 15's intl. leagues will differ that much from those currently included in 14?

[edit] -- or is the innovation that you can play the Real 2014 MLB season Quickstart with the international leagues included? (I haven't played the 2013 MLB Quickstart so don't know if that's new or not?)

Last edited by sandman2575; 02-27-2014 at 02:50 PM.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
[edit] -- or is the innovation that you can play the Real 2014 MLB season Quickstart with the international leagues included? (I haven't played the 2013 MLB Quickstart so don't know if that's new or not?)
Mostly that.

Plus there'll be some new functionality that recreates rl rules and that better regulates player movement between multiple leagues in the same universe.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
When I was doing my own template, or modding the WOB template, I always had the foreign leagues at these levels:

*** - 4A (.9 modifiers I think)
KBO - AAA
Mexico - AAA
CPBL - between AA and AAA
ABL - could argue this is A-Ball level talent with a LOT of A ball and rookie talents on development deals every winter
SNB - Hard to gather info on Cuba without knowing if it's level is to AA or AAA
IBL - Low A
HH - Low A

Independent Leagues:

Atlantic - Hybrid AA/AAA
AA - Hybrid A/AA
Can-Am - Hybrid A/AA
Freedom Pro - Low A
Pacific Pro - Low A
Pecos - High A
ULB - Low A

Winter Leagues:

Dominicana - AAAA
Venezuela - AAA
Puerto Rico - AAA
Mexican Winter - AAA
The Latin American Leagues - Hybrid A/AA
Most of those levels are a bit high according to my research.

f.e. no offense, but there's no way in heck that the IBL or HH are anything close to low A.

A lot of decent young players from those leagues with multi-year histories of solid performance in their national leagues are unable to get D1 scholarships in the US. They end up at Jucos and D2 schools and perform reasonably well, but are unspectacular at those levels and never sniff pro contracts. One young multi year SP in the HH (who admittedly plays for the worst team in the league, by far) has a highest recorded velocity around 82.

To even hang a R level tag on the IBL or HH is quite optimistic. Quite a few players in those leagues are certainly AA or even higher level talent but many of the roster filler types are not US pro level players in any way shape or form. Maybe more like D2 or D3 level guys.

But all this is debatable.

No one really has a super firm handle on exactly where each league is compared to US level leagues as there are just too many different variables to be 100% certain that any given analysis is exactly accurate..

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-27-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As we discussed, my understanding is that all the int leagues will come included with the game as individual templates as well as in a full roster set.

So for those who play fictional or other formats it should be quite easy to add the int leagues to their current universe along with all the proper settings and other int league focused features.

You'll just need to import the templates to your current league. Then if you don't want the real players you can simply delete them, have the game generate fictional players, and voila you'll have a new fully functional league in your universe.

I think that's what you're getting at, right? Would any further explanation or clarification be useful?
Not for me. Thanks. Probably one of those, I'll know if it'll work when I try it things. I just wanted to ensure folks knew it wasn't of limited use. It's for all of us, should we decide to implement it. I thought that was good news.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Not for me. Thanks. Probably one of those, I'll know if it'll work when I try it things. I just wanted to ensure folks knew it wasn't of limited use. It's for all of us, should we decide to implement it. I thought that was good news.
Yeah, absolutely.

I also suspect that a lot of the stuff that'll be added to help with the Int League's interactions with each other and with any Major leagues will be greatly useful to anyone who plays with multiple MLB level leagues or with independent leagues in their universe as well.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #27
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
as well as some new international leagues like Oz and Italy (again, awesome).
Have to clarify this. Austrialia won't be included as it uses too many players from affiliated ball and OOTP doesn't have a loan system, which is apparently really hard to code.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #28
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have to clarify this. Austrialia won't be included as it uses too many players from affiliated ball and OOTP doesn't have a loan system, which is apparently really hard to code.
Pity, although a loan system is definitely on my personal wish list.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Pity, although a loan system is definitely on my personal wish list.
Yep With a loan system we could include real rosters for Australia as well as all the Caribbean Winter Leagues. Maybe next year.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #30
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep With a loan system we could include real rosters for Australia as well as all the Caribbean Winter Leagues. Maybe next year.
It would also - potentially - allow for international team competitions, which would be all kinds of awesome.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #31
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hey you know what, we convinced him to do the DSL/VSL and the International leagues. We can try the same thing for next year with Winter leagues and WBC possibly
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Hey you know what, we convinced him to do the DSL/VSL and the International leagues. We can try the same thing for next year with Winter leagues and WBC possibly
Yep I'd prefer real Indy leagues first though...

Eh, on second thought, maybe not. A true WBC type tourney would be so darn sweet.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-27-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #33
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yep I'd prefer real Indy leagues first though...

Eh, on second thought, maybe not. A true WBC type tourney would be so darn sweet.
Oh yeah that too.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Oh yeah that too.
Well, if we hit him up with enough stuff he'll have to ok some of it, right?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
It would also - potentially - allow for international team competitions, which would be all kinds of awesome.
that was my hope for associations but that didn't work out so well. I would think that if that was possible it would of been announced by now so i'm not jumping to that conclusion, although I will hope.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
that was my hope for associations but that didn't work out so well. I would think that if that was possible it would of been announced by now so i'm not jumping to that conclusion, although I will hope.
It's not happening this year, that's certain.

Who knows about the future though.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #37
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Yeah, it's too late to be in OOTP 15. I'd hope it at least gets looked at for 16 though.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #38
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Actually...no

I am excited for you guys, but I am a historical fantasy type guy who loves to bring major *** stars into MLB to see how they do

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"

Last edited by Carlton; 02-27-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yeah, it's too late to be in OOTP 15. I'd hope it at least gets looked at for 16 though.
It's been looked at every year lately, this year was no exception. I don't assume that'll change going forward.

It just seems that the time to code/benefit to the game ratio doesn't quite line up to where Markus is willing to implement the feature. Hopefully at some point that'll change.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #40
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I'm just going to point out the ***, KBO, and CPBL each have their own unique playoff formats. If these leagues are going to be truly represented, that aspect of real life ought to be included too. (Not to mention those leagues all allow tie games.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote