Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 AM   #61
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Yeah...I can see how this will act as an age limit. I am very excited to try it out...
It's one aspect of the matter. The other is the AI in general and its handling of its minor league organization.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #62
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

In other words he wants a lite simulation, where the GM doesn't have to make these decisions. Why don't people who don't want a hardcore simulation just go play mogul or something else? I am not trying to drive customers off, but I don't understand this mentality. The problem then becomes...Markus accommodates( like the good guy he is) but the addition ends up causing more or other issues. This is not something reflected in real life, and therefore IMO should not be part of OOTP. It has the potential to open up a can of worms, and also takes up valuable productivity time. IF OOTP is going to be as big as we all hope it can be...it really has to focus on modern day MLB rules...it has to get them as detailed as possible (Including the financial model Markus ehem ) and it has to get them right. This is not a playstation game...this is a game that is frankly for dare I say adults, who want to simulate being an MLB GM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #63
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

The whole matter of just how the AI's handling of its minor league system compared to real-life MLB teams' handling of their minor league system is entirely unknown since there has been no comprehensive comparison of the two. OOTP may be quite realistic, somewhat realistic, or fairly unrealistic. But without real-world data to compare against it's all just speculation.

If nothing else such data would serve as a valuable guide as to what happens in the real minor league systems and thus what OOTP should do.

Gathering the data isn't too bad (it is available at MILB.com going back six seasons). It's cleaning it up and getting it formatted and cross-indexed in a useful way that's time consuming.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #64
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
In other words he wants a lite simulation, where the GM doesn't have to make these decisions. Why don't people who don't want a hardcore simulation just go play mogul or something else? I am not trying to drive customers off, but I don't understand this mentality. The problem then becomes...Markus accommodates( like the good guy he is) but the addition ends up causing more or other issues. This is not something reflected in real life, and therefore IMO should not be part of OOTP. It has the potential to open up a can of worms, and also takes up valuable productivity time. IF OOTP is going to be as big as we all hope it can be...it really has to focus on modern day MLB rules...it has to get them as detailed as possible (Including the financial model Markus ehem ) and it has to get them right. This is not a playstation game...this is a game that is frankly for dare I say adults, who want to simulate being an MLB GM.
A lot of us play fictional so we need more options. My universe on Mars has 500-man Rookie limits. See?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 03-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #65
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
In any event, this is my second public gripe and I hope that the wrong impression is not taken from me. This is a great game and I highly recommend it. It is the best game I have ever enjoyed. My hat is off to you and to your skill as a business owner. Well done on all accounts. So...I apologize if I have been coming across as critical lately. No harm intended. Trust me, I do more good for OOTP and its success than I do bad.
No need for apologies, I love this game as well, yet every year in January I pop up like an early ground hog and gripe about the managerial strategies not working (again) and the player strategy needing tweaking and not working for pitchers.

This needs to be implemented because of the reasons you stated

I am doing a historical sim with 3 tiers of minors

American Association/International League at AAA
Texas League and Southern Association at AA
Eastern and Western League at A

What happened as soon as I click "Run Computer manager on Organization" ?

Almost all the players, regardless of age are sent to A, while AA and AAA are mostly barren.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"

Last edited by Carlton; 03-07-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #66
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Let me guess...you have ghost players on.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote