Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #41
STL

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
1) List a few of those or put them in the Suggestions Forum. I continue to monitor that and the Announcement thread for potential interesting ideas.

2) Sounds like an OT issue. If you don't like the animals, don't go to the zoo. I don't.
I have posted them every single year.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #42
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
I have posted them every single year.
That doesn't tell me what they are or where they are. Care to provide me either?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #43
STL

Quote:
That doesn't tell me what they are or where they are. Care to provide me either?
1.) Catcher call game rating
2.) Pitcher Abuse Points
3.) Pitching out of the wind up and stretch ratings
4.) More control over spring training and the ability to focus training
5.) Head to Head (been waiting on that one for awhile, pretty much given up on it)
6.) More media interaction and the ability to "market" players as the face of your franchise (statues, marquees, tv and radio spots) etc...
7.) Promotion days (why were these taken out again?)
8.) Having your pitching coach work on a new pitch with a pitcher (how many guys did Mazzone or Duncan teach a new pitch to? Half the MLB? Yet I am stuck with all these sorry 2-pitch starters.)

That is what I have come up with for now. I understand that some of these the game may "already do" like the pitching out of the wind up and stretch might be something the game already accounts for under the hood. I would just like ratings for it. I think my scout could tell me IRL "this guy sucks out of the stretch."
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #44
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I buy this game every year without question. It's by far, the best game for the money and every year has the improvements that make it that much more enjoyable. Every year this game takes steps forwards and that's a good thing.
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #45
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Hey guys,

I am confused on what this actually means. I've preordered every year since OOTP X but I am really looking for a reason too this year with so many good games comin out.

Does this 3D engine mean we can watch the game in 3D like that other "soccer" simulator on the market?. If so, I have found my reason to pre-order.
Any word on this?

From my understanding the only thing that has changed is the 2D Ballpark is now 3D but we still just see player portraits on the field and a ball that will move around the park? No player animations yet?
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #46
STL

Quote:
1) List a few of those or put them in the Suggestions Forum. I continue to monitor that and the Announcement thread for potential interesting ideas.

2) Sounds like an OT issue. If you don't like the animals, don't go to the zoo. I don't.
I wanted to thank you for your responses. You are a credit to the community and it is because of your responses that I finally did decide to pre-order. However, if only the rest of your fellow OOTP volunteer employees conducted themselves so well. Instead they are busy supplying personal information (including IP addresses, apparently) to forum members without the access to receive such things.

It is hard to back a company that allows such things. That is why I am demanding a refund from both OOTP and my credit card company. I am sure one will oblige.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #47
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Any word on this?

From my understanding the only thing that has changed is the 2D Ballpark is now 3D but we still just see player portraits on the field and a ball that will move around the park? No player animations yet?
I think for a team of two developers it would be too hard to develop fully functional 3D engine in just a year. As they have written in the letters, small people running on the field will be in OOTP 16. Now just a 3D field and ball animations.

BTW, I hope flying ball will be made awesome (at least more cool than in BB2K14).

STL, I take it as you don't play in modern setup and aren't interested in current 2014 season. 'Cause it would be the great reason to buy baseball simulator. As far as I guess, the job of adding current (2014) rosters to OOTP 12 is quite tricky. Then you're more historical or fictional guy, right?

Not starting an argue (I hope), but may I ask why can't you play without media interactions? It's not Football Manager (yet), so is press-conference a big deal in baseball for you? And please can you tell of 8 reasons one BIG that can be a reason to abstain from forbidden in all civilised countries highly effective drug known as OOTP? To me, these are pretty small.

BTW, I didn't buy the game too. 'Cause can't find enough money in my budget in my poor country. I can use a pirated versions for a week or two, but that's my own problem. And there's always free OOTP 8.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:04 AM   #48
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

We have no idea what it will look like as of yet. The only thing known, is: no animations this year, but there will be ball flight.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #49
Papa3
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
We have no idea what it will look like as of yet. The only thing known, is: no animations this year, but there will be ball flight.

I'm excited to see ball flight. I imagine it could be very helpful to see who is hitting the ball hard and who isn't. In time, the animations will be an awesome addition...something I'd gladly pay extra for.

For those of you making comparisons to FM and who are skeptical of the new graphics, I'll try to put your minds to ease a bit. As someone who is extremely well-versed in the subtleties of ice hockey, I will extrapolate that to soccer. The algorithm for the AI in a team sport like soccer has to be extremely difficult to accurately model. That sport requires 22 players at every given moment (~24 frames per second X 22 players) to be moving, thinking, and reacting as we would expect players to do IRL, both with the ball and without it.

Baseball should not be nearly as difficult to create believable actions for players that will feel smart and human-like. I base this on the mere fact that all players in baseball are moving to a set spot on the field depending SOLELY on where the ball is hit with the only variables being runners on base. It's how they get there and what happens once they get there that changes. But even then, the results are somewhat limited.

In contrast, subtle things like dumping the puck when the defense stands you up at the blue line or going cross-corner with your dump in when you have a speedy winger going wide while trying to keep the puck away from a goalie who's good with the puck. It's these infinite little things that knowledgable hockey fans expect to see and are disappointed when if the play is not lifelike. That's gotta be tougher to code than having a baseball player hit the cut-off man with the throw or deciding to throw home to get the lead runner when playing with the infield in. Baseball movements are, by nature, more "canned".

Surely I'm not the one to code this AI, but I have much lower expectations of the movement and decision-making of artificial baseball players than I do for the continuous actions and positioning of players away from the puck necessary by teams of hockey players, which is very similar to soccer. I think OOTP fans will be very happily surprised when this becomes a success.
Papa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #50
Jelloo
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Whether to buy or not buy this year depends on how the 3D ball flight works out. I'll wait a few months and see. If they do a good job, I'll buy. If not, I'll wait a year. This is brand new for OOTP and it might take a while.
Jelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Since v14 has satisfied my needs and v15 doesn't seem like a good jump for me on the surface, I didn't preorder.. but I'm sure I'll get it on release day once people start posting how good it is.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #52
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Since v14 has satisfied my needs and v15 doesn't seem like a good jump for me on the surface, I didn't preorder.. but I'm sure I'll get it on release day once people start posting how good it is.
I havent preordered either. I plan on getting it after the 1st patch.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #53
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I havent preordered either. I plan on getting it after the 1st patch.
Interesting that you waited. I pre-ordered in time to get the discount, but probably won't import my main leagues until after at least the first patch, so I'll be playing 14 for a month or so after the release of 15.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #54
jasonntn
Bat Boy

My last purchase was OOTP13. I had no plans to buy another OOTP for the next few years *until* I read about the move to 3D graphics. I'll probably wait until OOTP16 and animations come in. But I am very enthused about OOTP in the future taking over from Football Manager as the game I just can't stop playing. The immersion factor of watching your team play can't be over-stated.
jasonntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #55
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Pre-order to support OOTP but switch your important leagues over after the first patch or two when the game is finally stable. Alpha test in the meantime with leagues that don't matter and help them fix things.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #56
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Interesting that you waited. I pre-ordered in time to get the discount, but probably won't import my main leagues until after at least the first patch, so I'll be playing 14 for a month or so after the release of 15.
I waited only because in the last 3 weeks I have spent $2000 on a new washer & dryer, oven repair, gifts for V-Day & 3 B-day gifts. I was broke. It was either preorder or cigarettes. I choose lung cancer. Besides In the 4 versions i have there are always weird issues til after the 1st patch. i plan on using my Tax return for OOTP and other misc stuff. New Sox hat, etc.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #57
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I waited only because in the last 3 weeks I have spent $2000 on a new washer & dryer, oven repair, gifts for V-Day & 3 B-day gifts. I was broke. It was either preorder or cigarettes. I choose lung cancer. Besides In the 4 versions i have there are always weird issues til after the 1st patch. i plan on using my Tax return for OOTP and other misc stuff. New Sox hat, etc.
Makes sense ... except for the Sox hat.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #58
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

When I go finally get OOTP 15 (I bet when it's available to the masses) I think I'm going to scrap my league I've been playing since v11 and start fresh.

My team hasn't won a world series, but we make the playoffs each season and I have more wins than any other team over many seasons. It's just bored me to the point where I haven't opened ootp14 in over a month. I think it's time to delete it off my pc and start with a clean ootp 15 install.

New beginnings I say!

..and not that's it's ootp's fault.. I can't help it my Cardinals are an easy team to play with..
Old 03-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #59
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Play the Astros. The Cardinals are no challenge.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #60
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Play the Astros. The Cardinals are no challenge.
Yeah, I might have to do what I did with ootp 6.5 (I played with TB).