Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
You may be right (and I don't want to turn this into a debate), but I for one hope it doesn't turn into a "joystick game." But if OOTP ends up looking like MLB: The Show but is still played the way we play it now, it will be more awesome than I can comprehend right now, haha.
I think the reasonable hope is that the graphics eventually look more like FM's graphics than The Show's.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #22
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I'm sure it will be worth the $50 to $60 range.
Well you know how to depress someone. The addition of features that many people (I never said most) are not interested in has always been counter-argued with "you can just turn them off"... but now you are saying that the addition of these features that I don't want should mean an increase in price.

Boo.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 01-24-2014 at 07:18 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #23
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I think the reasonable hope is that the graphics eventually look more like FM's graphics than The Show's.
I'm not all that familiar with FM's graphics (I've seen a few screeners, that's it), but that would seem just fine, as well.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #24
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
You may be right (and I don't want to turn this into a debate), but I for one hope it doesn't turn into a "joystick game." But if OOTP ends up looking like MLB: The Show but is still played the way we play it now, it will be more awesome than I can comprehend right now, haha.
Concerns that 3D graphics will eventually mean controlling players with a joystick in OOTP are probably some of the most baseless I've heard. (not blaming you, its been an overriding theme since the mention of implementing graphics was made years ago)
Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #25
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the next 5 years maybe. Longer term, who knows?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #26
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Along with 3D visuals, how about having the voices of Red Barber or Ernie Harwell do the play by play?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #27
conception
All Star Starter

I can't think of bigger news for OOTP than this. I've been dreaming of yet fearing this day at the same time for years. Why fear? Because it makes my fictional leagues which were all based upon the fictional ballparks of blueturf, teflon, and others outdated upon OOTP 15. I take care to match stadiums to teams, and in all of my leagues with any history the stadium and its park factors are ingrained in the history. Eventually there will be enough fictional parks in the new format to make these leagues feasible again, but that will take a while.

But man oh man, isn't it awesome to know that OOTP is setting the foundation for becoming the game we've all labeled the "perfect game", which is the under the hood features of OOTP with graphics? I still marvel at what NFL Head Coach 09 was for management sims, a game that truly felt like it recreated the challenge of coaching and had some neat, in-depth, management specific features yet still had graphical games. I still play this and can only imagine what it could have become. In many ways the graphics in this game weren't as good as Maddens' from nearly 5 years before, but that's all you need when what you really care about is what goes into it. OOTP can now start to be this for baseball.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #28
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
I can't think of bigger news for OOTP than this. I've been dreaming of yet fearing this day at the same time for years. Why fear? Because it makes my fictional leagues which were all based upon the fictional ballparks of blueturf, teflon, and others outdated upon OOTP 15. I take care to match stadiums to teams, and in all of my leagues with any history the stadium and its park factors are ingrained in the history. Eventually there will be enough fictional parks in the new format to make these leagues feasible again, but that will take a while.
I have no idea how this works, but I think the encouraging part is it appears that there are quite a few baseball stadiums out there in the collada format that look to be a mix between real and fictional - baseball field - 3D Warehouse Search
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:52 AM   #29
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Will park dimensions and fence heights remain purely cosmetic with the 3D parks? The most conservative reading of the feature's description points to yes, meaning that in the Ortiz-at-Fenway example you'd see a ball smack off the wall, but the play-by-play announcer would still just call a generic single.

I dunno, I guess watching the ball flight might be cool to try out but it doesn't make me want to throw away my collection of stadium .jpg's just yet - I visited the link in the post above mine and those 3D parks don't resonate with me the way that real photographs and artistic renderings of parks with fans in the stands and nice skylines do - I would need more incentive than I'm seeing here to be compelled to switch to the 3D ones.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #30
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Why do you not like this feature? I have to see it before I decide but it sounds cool. I probably will not use it except in my MLB leagues since I have so many custom parks and it will be 2-3 yrs before I get all my parks updated by modders who will be busy updating real parks 1st.
I'm in the same boat. My fictional leagues all have full fictional stadiums, and it's going to be difficult for me to accept not having them in my existing leagues. I have little desire to craft another fictional league either.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #31
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, of course
Excuse me but his name is spelt Marcus for now on.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #32
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Along with 3D visuals, how about having the voices of Red Barber or Ernie Harwell do the play by play?
I keep asking every year and Markus agrees we need better sound, but they just don't have time. I'm not giving up though.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #33
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post

But man oh man, isn't it awesome to know that OOTP is setting the foundation for becoming the game we've all labeled the "perfect game", which is the under the hood features of OOTP with graphics? I still marvel at what NFL Head Coach 09 was for management sims, a game that truly felt like it recreated the challenge of coaching and had some neat, in-depth, management specific features yet still had graphical games. I still play this and can only imagine what it could have become. In many ways the graphics in this game weren't as good as Maddens' from nearly 5 years before, but that's all you need when what you really care about is what goes into it. OOTP can now start to be this for baseball.

while you may be right I would think/hope a basic stadium would be able to be modified to allow any field distances & wall heights allowed in the game. Plus an assortment of foul territories to slap on and you should be able to have your playfields anyways
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #34
Kobeck
Major Leagues

further reading looks like stadium modification will be done outside the game

Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #35
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The graphics maybe good but imo the look is poor, players running around like headless chickens, players running 50 yards in around 1 second as though they have a time machine. Although it could actually look better in OOTP with fewer players on the field and such, however I can't wait to see who will be the first to post "The batter hit a fly ball to right field and from nowhere my leftfielder caught the ball".
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #36
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Hey guys,

I am confused on what this actually means. I've preordered every year since OOTP X but I am really looking for a reason too this year with so many good games comin out.

Does this 3D engine mean we can watch the game in 3D like that other "soccer" simulator on the market?. If so, I have found my reason to pre-order.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #37
STL

I am still on the fence for two main reasons.

#1 - still some features I want to see in the game that haven't been added in over a decade since they have been requested

#2 -I love OOTP but I find it hard to support a company that allows that zoo in OTD to take place and then allows mods to use wield their power to settle their personal vendettas.

I didn't buy OOTP 13 or 14 because of these things and I am on the fence with 15.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #38
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post

#1 - still some features I want to see in the game that haven't been added in over a decade since they have been requested

#2 -I love OOTP but I find it hard to support a company that allows that zoo in OTD to take place and then allows mods to use wield their power to settle their personal vendettas.

I didn't buy OOTP 13 or 14 because of these things and I am on the fence with 15.
1) List a few of those or put them in the Suggestions Forum. I continue to monitor that and the Announcement thread for potential interesting ideas.

2) Sounds like an OT issue. If you don't like the animals, don't go to the zoo. I don't.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #39
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post

Don't buy then. I'll buy an extra copy and give it to someone who doesn't try to bully a vendor for political reasons.

Edit

STL = avwjase = banned.

Bye bye

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 02-05-2014 at 06:06 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #40
STL

And one of the mod-protected trolls appear. It is nice that you can flame and personally attack in an on-topic forum, Rchw.