Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #81
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I agree, but I personally always try to be helpful with my first post in a thread, regardless of how asinine the OP is being. If that doesn't rectify the situation, then the OP is a true troll and/or knucklehead, and deserves to be treated as such. But everyone deserves that first attempt to be polite, and I think that's what joe's saying here.
Which is what I did in that thread, if you notice. I also PM'd him a couple of conciliatory notes. All of which he ignored in favor of his bizarre ranting. Which is when he got the back of my hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Yeah, that spiraled out of control pretty quickly. Inevitably, there will be someone who will post something like "the game won't let me win the world series, it must be broken!" All I can do is urge restraint.
We'll try. Won't we, guys?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #82
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
If you haven't been to these forums before, it can be really intimidating. I'm assuming the link goes to : http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/

which links to dozens of child forums. It's really the most out of any non-Paradox publisher I've seen.

All I'm saying is changing that link to this: OOTP 14 - New to the Game? - OOTP Developments Forums

New people will hopefully be directed to the right forum immediately and vets will know to click away from there. OOTP is not an easy game for new players to learn and I think the forums shouldn't add to that difficulty if at all possible.

Perhaps move 'New to the Game' to the top of the OOTP 14 list? And make it HUGE and bold

I immensely enjoyed reading this thread by the way!

Last edited by '94 EXPOS; 01-15-2014 at 08:39 PM.
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #83
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
This thread is unbelievable. If a newbie comes and asks a question in the wrong place, it's really not the end of the world.
Oh but it is, if you have a very, very small world.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #84
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Lastly, I offer my congrats to the person I'm referring to here as he just became the first community member to make my ignore list. Perhaps in the future I may consider removing him from such list but for now....well...he's on it.
A hearty congratulations from me, as well, for the same reason. I have steadfastly refused to put any users on my ignore list in all my time here, but I was just called an "ethnocentrist" via PM, because apparently disagreeing with a person is disrespecting their culture. Somehow. I would also like to point out that I have never stated what my race/culture/background is.

I normally wouldn't share something sent via PM, but I just wanted everyone to be aware. This is the kind of person we're dealing with.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 01-16-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #85
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Seems it's a lot of hard work being a vet! I'll just carry on lurking waiting for the time travel gags!
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #86
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
A hearty congratulations from me, as well, for the same reason. I have steadfastly refused to put any users on my ignore list in all my time here, but I was just called an "ethnocentrist" via PM, because apparently disagreeing with a person is disrespecting their culture. Somehow. I would also like to point out that I have never stated what my race/culture/background is.

I normally wouldn't share something sent via PM, but I just wanted everyone to be aware. This is the kind of person we're dealing with.
On the other hand, I have too much honor to share the numerous insults that Fyrestorm3 sent to me via PM. Unlike him, I have the decency to keep private things private.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #87
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Now that OOTP is on Steam, we've been having a lot of new players come on the board. Remember, this is a good thing. We want more people to play OOTP. So make them feel welcome. Resist the urge to treat them like idiots and jerks, like you would the usual gang of knuckleheads around here. Remember that sarcasm doesn't translate very well on the internet, and that some of these new players are young -- younger even than you were when you broke your first tooth on a plank of Topps chewing gum. Assume that all questions are in earnest and all questioners are sincere. Play nice and share your toys and everyone will be happy.

By the way, I get to say this because this is my 1000th post, which I guess makes me a junior-knucklehead or something like that.
You want a piece of me tough guy? Huh? Huh!!?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #88
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sounds like your PM buddy got hold of a thesaurus.

And for those that are new and made it this far without recoiling in horror at the insanity, if you get unwanted/harassing PM's, please let your friendly, neighbourhood mods know, and they'll get on that ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Seems it's a lot of hard work being a vet! I'll just carry on lurking waiting for the time travel gags!
Tell me bout it. Good thing we're far from being considered seasoned pros eh Doc?

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #89
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I stopped reading at page 3. Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy the intellectual push and pull. But at some point it comes down to splitting hairys sacks. I mean hairs.

Once all of the hairs have been perfectly split down the middle it comes down to getting the last word. And let's face it...whoever gets the last word is the victor, right?

I've seen that conversation before, I think.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #90
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

an ethno hammy hummer?

Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #91
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I stopped reading at page 3. Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy the intellectual push and pull. But at some point it comes down to splitting hairys sacks. I mean hairs.

Once all of the hairs have been perfectly split down the middle it comes down to getting the last word. And let's face it...whoever gets the last word is the victor, right?

I've seen that conversation before, I think.
What do you think this is Wheel of Fortune
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #92
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
What do you think this is Wheel of Fortune
I'll take "Being nice to the newbies" for 400, Alex.

...Wait.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #93
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I'll take "Violation of Privacy" for 500.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #94
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

As near as I can tell, my offenses consist of not letting Fyrestorm3 boss me around about newbies, asking a relevant question of one, and privately telling someone that they were an ethnocentrist. Shocking. Bring on the crucifixion.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #95
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

"Drama Queen" for 1000, please.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #96
le receveur
All Star Starter

Can I have OOTP for 100?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #97
Gil Thorp
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
Can I have OOTP for 100?
Or $14.99?
Gil Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #98
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I just had a thought and it had me cracking up. This thread is perfect. Just perfect. Noobs will get the full Nerditude that we are all about after wading through this. This is how we haze Noobs around here. If they can wade through this entire thread they will have the culture down pat.

Instant OOTP nerd.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #99
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I just read the other thread that sparked this one.

I love this place.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #100
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
On the other hand, I have too much honor to share the numerous insults that Fyrestorm3 sent to me via PM. Unlike him, I have the decency to keep private things private.
Curiosity got the better of me, because I was sure the response was something like this. Anyone who would like to know my exact words to Wolf (even though I never said the PM was from him), please PM me. I would be happy to share. The closest I got to an insult was insinuating that he needed reading comprehension.

As I said, the only reason I felt the need to publish one word of what was said in a multiple-PM chain was because the concept is so ludicrous that I couldn't believe it was actually brought up.

I retract my previous statement about the closure of this thread. It's gotten far out of hand. Mods, have at it.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 01-16-2014 at 07:49 PM.