Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #81
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Trading Way Too Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I think a lot of you are missing the point. My settings are at a very challenging level I assure you. The issue is the cash. Why was it willing to give 5 million in cash in addition to a very nice mid-rotation starter. It's the cash part that has me saying "hey something is not right here"
But the AI was going to reject the trade until you added a 3rd player correct? A few screens shots that doesn't even show ratings aren't much to go on. Is the AI using these players or are they buried on the bench somewhere? Maybe the $5 mil was justified by the AI. How about next time demand an outrages amount of money in a trade and see if you can still fleece them. That could raise a red flag.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #82
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a lot of you are missing the point. My settings are at a very challenging level I assure you. The issue is the cash. Why was it willing to give 5 million in cash in addition to a very nice mid-rotation starter. It's the cash part that has me saying "hey something is not right here"
The AI is giving you salary relief and a veteran player that may not be in their plans?

It all depends on how the CPU views your players. You are giving up three assets for one. It probably sees you as getting rid of players because you need money, so it tries to facilitate what you need.

Since you have it cloned, would you mind terribly much posting a couple screenshots of Lewis? Perhaps with your settings as they are, and then one at 100% scouting?

I know it is asking a lot, but having more data would allow all of us to look at the entire situation and see WHY the AI may be making this decision! Thanks.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #83
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Read your reply on the Rangers weaknesses, as well. Catcher and bullpen are both weaknesses of the Rangers, and while rotation is also one of their weaknesses -- Lewis is still on the trading block. Is he "blocked" or has he pitched his way out of a job, perhaps, or the scenario I mentioned before where the AI is just trying to get some assets for an upcoming FA that they know they aren't resigning?

EDIT: Just so people don't have to go back, OP is sending a C, MR, and CL in the trade.

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-11-2013 at 04:34 PM.
jaysdailydose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #84
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
But the AI was going to reject the trade until you added a 3rd player correct? A few screens shots that doesn't even show ratings aren't much to go on. Is the AI using these players or are they buried on the bench somewhere? Maybe the $5 mil was justified by the AI. How about next time demand an outrages amount of money in a trade and see if you can still fleece them. That could raise a red flag.
Yes, it was, but they player is marginal (1.5 star potential) and a Bullpen pitcher also. Either way, the logic is just screwy.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #85
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it was, but they player is marginal (1.5 star potential) and a Bullpen pitcher also. Either way, the logic is just screwy.
Could you make the deal in any way without adding the 3rd player?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #86
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Here is Lewis now with my organization....but people forget, for some reason DeFratus wasn't even involved (bug?) and it was just Kratz, who is now a backup catcher for them:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #87
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

What happened to Durbin in the deal as well?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #88
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

exactly...what's going on here?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #89
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Trading Way Too Easy

Are they still on your team?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #90
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

indeed they are
Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #91
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

You should probably post this in the bug report forum and upload your league files too.

We're not going to figure anything out sitting here given the amount of variables and missing information.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #92
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way I can email the file directly to Markus?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #93
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you have to get off this one trade and look for a pattern over several trades. I did that and concluded that trade block players are far too difficult to trade for. Not every one of them but most.

How did the cash offer come about? I've only ever seen the AI offer cash when it makes a trade offer to you. Two questions:

Was this an AI offer that you subsequently revised while keeping the cash?

Did you add the cash?

I'll repeat. I've never had cash offered to me unless I entered it or if the AI made a trade offer and I leveraged it by revising the offered trade.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #94
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

No, I forced their hand...just prying. I like to try to poke holes in the AI, and sure enough I think I found one.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #95
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I forced their hand...just prying. I like to try to poke holes in the AI, and sure enough I think I found one.
You're not answering the questions.

Did the AI offer you a deal including money which you revised while keeping the money?

Did you enter money into the AI teams offer?

Not complicated.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #96
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

No the AI did not make an offer to me at all, I went to it, and the cash, was my idea.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #97
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No the AI did not make an offer to me at all, I went to it, and the cash, was my idea.
Quote:
Colby is only making 2 million a year and is in the final year of his contract...they are willing to also give me 5 million, and the players I offered are absolute scrubs.
So they are willing to give you $5 million, but you entered it. This does not compute at all.

RichW

Old 10-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #98
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This thread is beginning to make my head hurt...
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #99
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
This thread is beginning to make my head hurt...
Leave him be guys, he's poking holes in the AI...
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #100
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I originated the trade is what I am saying....what is so hard to understand?